Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

wyes gull

Savant
Finished Homeworld 1&2 Remastered,I only HW1 over 15 years ago so I don't remember a lot about in and can't compare the remastered versions to the originals from a gameplay standpoint but I liked both of them,although 1>2.
I played Homeworld back when it came out and never came to terms with it but that opening sequence where they launch the Mothership to the sound of Barber is forever branded into my brain. Certainly a moment in gaming.
The Yes track was pretty decent too.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Decided to try Realmz(Learned about this old game from felipepe's crpg book project) and got hooked.

Mac or Windows version?
Windows version is apparantly not up to date and has a few bugs, so Mac version is recommended.
But which emulator? Basilisk I have at heard about, but ShaeepShaver is an alternative.
Windows
I heard about this too and wanted to try the old mac version first, but i couldn't figure out what these emulators didn't like about my laptop, so i gave up.
I didn't encounter anything gamebreaking in my version, some graphic glitches every time someone casts "Hits everyone" spell in mass battles, but i think this is more of a game engine problem with handling a big number of enemies.

I tried getting it to work with Basilisk II.
Let just say it was more pleasant getting a root canal...

octavius

Arcane
Patron
OK, so I was forced to play PC Realmz instead, but with my monitor's 1920x1080 resolution the game window is so small that I need glasses and sit 10-20 centimeters from the monitor to see what I'm doing.

I tried running in in Compatibility mode and the choose "Run in 640x480 resolution", but the Windows Task Bar cuts off the bottom of the game screen.
So I tried running it with a batch file and kill explorer.exe, but still the bottom of the game screen is cut off.
Some nut on RPG Watch suggested years ago playing it through DOSBox and D-Fend Reloaded and use a Scaler. You can actually run PC Realms through D-Fend Reloaded, but since it's a Windows program you can't change any of the parameters.
There seems to be no way of playing it on fullscreen. I tried Properties -> Run: Maximized, but it's still a window.

It seems the only way to play it comfortably on a modern monitor is to reduce the screen resolution of your computer, to 800x600 or lower. It's still a window, with an ugly task bar, but at least I can see what I'm doing and the game screen is not cut off at the bottom.

Is there really no way to force a program to run in full screen?

Last edited:

EGarak

Literate
Having a go at The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Director's Cut again (finished it once before). This game is fucking LONG, but still worth it I think even with the incredible amount of backtracking. Combat's just as clunky as I remember, though the chaining of attacks is something that I kinda miss in the other games because it was at least a fairly unique style of combat.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Is there really no way to force a program to run in full screen?
I am thinking that this game is intended to be played under the windowed mode, judging by the interface, so i guess there is no workaround here. It's just the way this game was made.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Having a go at The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Director's Cut again (finished it once before). This game is fucking LONG, but still worth it I think even with the incredible amount of backtracking. Combat's just as clunky as I remember, though the chaining of attacks is something that I kinda miss in the other games because it was at least a fairly unique style of combat.
More uncommon than unique I would say, the Summoner basically had the same rhythm combo system but more complex because you could learn new moves and mix and match them. Still the Witcher is a decent rpg (good quests, lots of choice and consequences, exclusive routes, et cetera) people should play through at least once even if one of the later chapters was basically a slog through a swamp.

Fucking Rance X. You could dub it "git gud or your waifu gets raped".

Bastard is almost impossible to beat on a normal first run since it's difficult as fuck. Not just the combat gets more and more difficult, while you are managing your pseudo-cardbased-rpgparty (over 1000 unique cards and hundreds of characters with as many different skills), the nations of mankind are getting buttfucked non-stop by a demon/monster army several times in size.
And even if you manage to kill the bosses, you have virtually no time to help everyone, so that princess you saved in the last game will turn into a broodmother for pigmonsters. Or gets her innards eaten by a snake cock.

But somehow you always go back for more. Gameplay is not on the same league as Sengoku Rance but is definitely addictive.
At least you get bonuses for NG+ that make subsequent runs easier. I feel proud that I managed to get a not too terrible ending on my first run.
I suppose that if you understand what each skill or bonus does things are more doable.

In the plot and writting side of things they didn't fuck around. More routes and C&C than AoD.

I will need at least a week to get an "A" ending even if I skip then moonrunes.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Completed Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together (PSP emulated) the other day. What an amazing game that was, enjoyed it a lot. Took me roughly 73 hours of time to play through the chaotic route, but it actually was more than that, since I replayed some battles multiple times and reloaded previous savegames when I didn't want to put up with some bad decisions I had made. Played it for 3-5 hours a day every day and couldn't stop, and I don't regret it.

Gameplay - very fun and addictive, but I'd like the 'missions' (or rather objectives or goals in battles) to be more creative and varied, like it was in the Langrisser/Warsong game for Genesis, where in one mission you were expected to just run away/retreat, in another the objective was to kill a specific enemy leader, or kill everyone, or protect a character, or hold out until reinforcements come etc (though I do remember that Warsong was much shorter than TO). But in Tactics Ogre the main objective of pretty much every battle is the same -- just kill the enemy's leader. Because of that most battles become way too easy after a certain point, since each character eventually gets access to special 'finishing moves', which deal massive amounts of damage and allow you to kill the target enemy in a couple of turns, so oftentimes your best tactic is to just hold out until your characters have enough tactical points (they accumulate overtime and then can be spent to perform finishing moves and other 'tactical actions'), and when the target comes close (so they can be hit with ranged weapons such as bows and crossbows), you're free to make that finishing attack and win. Admittedly, there were enough battles where it's not the case (for example when the goal is to destroy the entire enemy's party, or when the target is not a warrior type so they prefer to keep away from the front line rather than charge into battle and die), and then it gets really challenging (if you're not overlevelled). Also the AI is terrible at managing its healers, for it lets them die too easily, and isn't particularly dilligent in trying to eliminate the ones from my party. So I'd rate the gameplay as 8/10.

Story - a bit too cliched to my liking, and even though I wouldn't really call it stupid or very predictable, overall it feels much like a mediocre anime plot (except there's no panty hunt, incest, paedophilia and other kind of embarrassing stuff not so rarely found in that sort of media), but by no means this is to say it's not enjoyable, for there's bunch of secrets (kind of) and loose ends along the story you can fantasise and make guesses about, and then see how everything actually plays out. The best thing about Tactics Ogre's story though is that it's actually non-linear, you can play through different main plot lines depending on the choices you've made, so taking into account the engrossing gameplay, I'd say the game is quite replayable. 7.5/10.

Graphics - never was a fan of how in many jrpgs characters are always depicted differently in portraits/artworks/animation etc and in-game, this one is no exception, but the gorgeous art style makes up for it. 9/10.

Music and sounds - probably the strongest merit of Tactics Ogre, this is the case when every single piece of soundtrack is just brilliant, I never expected any game to come close to G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor for NES in that aspect, but TO did it. 9/10.

So overall it's 8.4/10, the game was a delightful experience, well worth the time and effort.

Such a shame it's not on PC. Would purchase this masterpiece the first day it's released on GOG/Steam and happily play through it for another time.

Currently can't decide between Dragon's Dogma and Arcanum as to which game I should play next.

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
Against my better judgement I'm trying the free-to-play Total War: Arena open beta because the premise is vaguely reminiscent of the Commander Battles from M&B Napoleonic Wars. Imagine a typical Total War battlefield, throw in 60 units adhering to the sturdy rock paper scissors formula, then divide these units up between 20 players. If that sounds like an uncoordinated nightmare, you're not far off. Flanking is everything in this game, so if you can find another intelligent player to coordinate with, the enemy don't stand a chance. Until then you'll likely witness spearmen stare blankly as nearby allied archers get cut to ribbons by horsemen, and archers unload volley after volley into a packed mass of allies who're crowded around a handful of enemy soldiers.

Damn multiplayer games.

Freddie

Savant
Finished Dreamfall Chapters. Game was rather weird experience.

I really liked The Longest Journey back in the day, for me it was game that was more than a sum of its parts. Later I played the sequel: Dreamfall: TJL which I found forgettable and in the end, shallow. Despite that I liked the universe and bought Season Pass from GOG during some sale.

Warning for GOG users: It turned out that GOG version downloaded by GOG downloader wasn't the Final Cut and to get forward from chapter 4 I needed to reinstall the game using GOG Galaxy, which installed Final Cut version. It's important to install Final Cut version on top of old installation to not lose your progress. I only found out about this via GOG forums and obviously wasn't the only one having this problem.

Even though saves transferred to Final Cut version just fine, I found that one quest I had done in Season Pass versions was entirely cut from FC version. Unfortunately this also happened to be one that I thought would have major consequences in the end game, but really, in the FC it's like Trolollol, didn't happen and now some NPC goes to valiant but practically meaningless death.

I wanted to like this game and Dreamfall Chapters tries to pull new tricks with its emphasis on Choice & Consequence. Unfortunately much of the C&C appears to be shallow. It's made worse by poor editing, which I think was done on purpose. There is really a lot of dialogue in game, but many times it's characters saying essentially the same thing over and over again. Worst instance of this was 3 times in a row. There are these dialogue based C&C opportunities hidden in dialogue trees, so skipping is risky. Combined with poor editing gaming experience turned out to be quite tedious at times. It's pity because IMO voice cast did stunning work with what material they had.

Something to note is that main responsibility for voice work including casting was done by Side UK. Producing, writing editing and was responsibility of Red Thread Games and director Ragnar Tørnquist. There was one quite telling thing, obvious recording mistake which sounds like something distracted the voice actress and wasn't talking to mic at some part of dialogue. Combined with that was again characters saying again essentially the very same thing it's difficult not to get an impression that Red Thread Games did this to give impression of bigger game than it actually is.
Quantity over quality is one issue. Other thing is that things happens, also in studios and for professionals. What happened here could have been corrected with editing. I can't but just to say, it decision to keep whatever can make even professionals look bad, despite editing not being their responsibility. That Red Thread Games pulled this sort of thing is IMO show of poor ethics. Interestingly Dreamfall Chapters doesn't appear in SideUK's portfolio.

As adventure game Dreamfall Chapters isn't very good one. There are some very nice things here and there but as whole it stumbles on its own feet by trying to be far more epic than there really is content for. Some of the worst examples of this are in interludes which, while having interesting and fresh concepts, turn out to be boring and frustrating experiences just because these keep extending their one trick pony puzzles by repeating it over and over again. It's very hard not to think that nice ideas were turned to something so utterly dull just because Red Thread Games wanted to make them time sinks.

Game also made me wonder how good idea using 3D is for adventure games. There are places where Dreamfall Chapters almost pulls it off, some areas are visually very well designed (art direction) and I noticed that in Final Cut graphics was made even better and world was more populated. It's nice distraction and I think there are players who like exloring Marcuria and Europolis this way and for me it had it's moments. There's just that especially in Marcuria it were been nice if there were something for player to do. It's again pity that despite much effort to Marcuria it ends up being more like a distraction than anything else.

I did browse through Dreamfall Chapters topic in Adventure forums. That SJW angle is sure pushed one way or another in games and Codex but is Dreamfall Chapters worse in that regard than Longest Jorney? IMO no, but there are some decisions that I felt quite jarring. So Kian is gay, then what but at times delivery of that was just plain terrible. Kian isn't actually terrible character but his parts in Chapters suffers from Marcuria having very few interesting things to do.
Other thing is that there is male NPC whom I recall being April's lover, who is now somehow homosexual? I didn't went though dialogue options that would open that path but I read that the whole point is that Kian can have a romance with him. For the good, for my experience those who aren't interested in such option that practically doesn't exist, which is IMO good thing. Yet, changing established character sexual orientation just because is fourth wall breaking bad. So if Tørnquist wants to push some sort of agenda, why make it look bad? How this is serving those so called progressive goals?

For political aspects, one of the 'themes' isn't pushing communism. It's not only that several characters outright say and there are also two quests where it shows how utterly messed up communist party is. There are two other parties, right wing and social democrats and I can't go in the details without spoiling but the idea is that Europolis entire political system is in crisis. While I for one am getting tired of people seeing SJW's everywhere, I can't actually fault players who get the wrong impression. Like I wrote earlier, despite stellar performance of voice cast, some conversations in game just drag on, and on and on. Perhaps with better editing more players could be bothered actually to listen / read.

Tech wise performance on my PC was very good. Soundtrack is okay, but again it feels at times that it's over stretched.

Dreamfall Chapters could have been better game than Dreamfall: TJL, which for my recollection wasn't much of a game at all. However Dreamfall Chapters isn't very good adventure game. I think this is game for people who really are to Dreamfall universe. I really can't recommend that for any other type of gamer and even then, those who are interested, get this from bundle or sale.

For those interested developing / producing this may have value for importance of editing. Just play the game and keep making mental or paper whatever notes about how much of content doesn't actually add anything new to player experience, repeating the same content over and over again. This goes for both, dialogue and some puzzles. Also lot of resources went to Marcuria, then there is very little to do in there and one major quest was even removed in Final Cut. Why did this happen, how to solve this problem might be good questions to ask.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So I think I'm about ready now to play Realmz, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the races and castes.

Since it's one of the rare games in which you can play demons, vampires and all kinds of goblinoids, I'm tempted to create a Bywater Bad Boys party, but does the game support a group of evil doers, or are the races in practice just fluff?

Also, noticed a rather nasty bug with the Items -> Show screen. The game will crash if hitting the Esc key or some of the options of that screen.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
or are the races in practice just fluff?
Kinda yeah. People in the realmz are suprisingly progressive.
but does the game support a group of evil doers
Your party can choose to be a dicks sometimes in the starting scenario "City of Bywater", but that's it. I found being a honest folk to be more rewarding here, but i don't know about other scenarios.

For the party creation, i can suggest you to check the manual, especially the appendix of tables part of it. There is a lot of useful info, like at which level the caste will get a bonus attack, spellcasting ability, which caste/race combination is allowed and so on.
Be warned, that the manual as a whole doesn't reveal all the information. I am still not clear about how does increasing the power of the spell affects the enemy DRV roll, for example.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Still digging in Dungeon Keeper 2. Don't have much hope to finish it, I suck in strategy games and some missions have nasty twists in them. Too much Pet Dungeon do this to you...

More uncommon than unique I would say, the Summoner basically had the same rhythm combo system but more complex because you could learn new moves and mix and match them. Still the Witcher is a decent rpg (good quests, lots of choice and consequences, exclusive routes, et cetera) people should play through at least once even if one of the later chapters was basically a slog through a swamp.
Jokes on you, chaining combos in Summoner do jack shit. On PC at least, not sure about PS2 version.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm currently playing Zombie Night Terror, a 2016 puzzle game where you control the zombies in an impending zombie apocalypse and must ensure that the zombies win. But unlike most modern games that would try an obvious action-packed approach, ZNT bases its gameplay on the old puzzler Lemmings where the zombies must be guided via a Real-Time w/Pause interface to help them avoid environmental obstacles and such to reach their goal (which usually consists of clueless humans). They even incorporate the old pixelated sprite graphics of the classic puzzler, creating an amazingly good blend to an entertaining game, though I was disappointed by how ZNT also comes with most of the pitfalls of Lemmings, even though 25 years have passed in the meantime that should have eliminated bad game design elements.

Those familiar with Lemmings will recognize some of the basic roles in ZNT. Blockers are now Overlords which direct the zombies in various directions, Bombers are now Sploders (who you'll need to get through rubble and doors) and Climbers have become Crawlers which try to use stealth to reach their targets. But other roles only bear the slightest of similarities between the two games, though zombie fans will recognize things such as Runners, Spitters, Jumpers, Screamers and even Tanks - there's something here for everyone. But where ZNT ventures into new territory is how Overlords have further roles than just herding zombies. They can be made to block directions, throw zombies through the air or give them a speedboost as they pass by - one role serving multiple purposes. It's also possible at times to just straight-up infect humans anywhere on the map for added mayhem. And ZNT ups Lemmings in one marvellous way - it's no longer a clusterfuck to select just the right zombie in a throng to do that one vital job, now the currently selected zombie is highlighted for easy clickings.

New roles for your braindead wards sadly doesn't mean much if you can't use them though, and this is one place where ZNT falters compared to Lemmings. Lemmings had dozens of levels and many of them offered 'freestyle'-gameplay, where the player could assign whatever combination of roles to the lemmings to reach the exit. ZNT doesn't have this at all, with the latest update the game packs 50 levels and I've yet to come across a level where all the roles are available from the start - there's always some small task or something that needs to be done to unlock further roles, if they're available at all. And while Lemmings had a mixture of these open freestyle levels and levels that came with a very limited selection of roles that had to be used in a very precise manner to reach the exit, ZNT jumps on the latter and never lets go. This restricts experimentation and just having fun with the game - two big reasons why Lemmings became such a hit back in the day.

But just because ZNT has such few levels compared to Lemmings doesn't mean they're as empty as the ones in Lemmings. Each level in ZNT is a finely crafted puzzle piece, populated by humans that are either just chilling, partying or keeping an eye out for your inevitable arrival. Better yet, some of them may engage in conversation, either to provide exposition, reveal a plot point or just throw in a joke. And the humans are also much smarter than your zombies. They may just cower there and wait for death, but others will run away, warn others and even call for help to bring armed thugs to fight your zombies. It won't take long to realize that ZNT isn't just about ensuring your zombies reach their food source, but how to do so with maximum efficiency. Disposing of the armed thugs first, for example, is an obvious strategy. Plot-vital characters also start to appear, like the Rick Sanchez-esque chemist that seemingly started the zombie apocalypse, along with nods to characters such as Ash Williams of Evil Dead, Michonne from The Walking Dead and even somehow the Terminator found his way into ZNT. One brilliant part of game design worth mentioning is the tutorial. In the opening levels, every time a new power-up is unlocked a TV turns on somewhere nearby. Click on the TV to watch a big-breasted news reporter explain during a live broadcast what the power-up does. I haven't seen such a seamless and non-intrusive method to include a tutorial in years - something that Lemmings successfully passed along, as its instruction manual mostly consisted of drawings that explained the game mechanics, instead of paragraphs of boring words such as this one.

Unfortunately ZNT also inherited one of the biggest shortcomings of Lemmings, which is the heavy reliance upon Trial and Error. Experimenting with the roles to learn their abilities is one thing, but levels incorporating unseen and unpredictable dangers to your zombies is something completely different. One great example of this is an early level where you're asked (as a bonus challenge) to destroy a van. Just reaching the van alone is a bother, but once your zombies are within visual range of the van, armed goons start pouring out of it non-stop until it's destroyed. Hidden traps like these were numerous in Lemmings, and they're far too many in ZNT as well. Throwing bodies at a problem until it's solved should not be the preferable solution to puzzles, but ZNT employs the term both metaphorically and literally.

Despite its shortcomings ZNT is a fun little game worth playing, though I enjoyed it most by only playing it in short burts, a level or two at the most. It's easily worth a price tag up to $15.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can now strike 3 games from my backlog: Ultima VII: The Black Gate, Super Metroid and Super Castlevania IV.

I'm halfway through The Sexy Brutale. While the puzzles are simplistic, I feel like the game oozes charm. I especially like the soundtrack.

Other than that, I'm playing Tears to Tiara 2, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 5, Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and more I can't think of right now.

Only 300+ games left in the backlog!

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I didn't really mind the swamp. I don't remember being thrilled with the last chapter.
The content and quests on the swamp part are actually okay, what kills it is the constant backtracking through a really long loading screen and the respawning enemies , that kills your patience (Really long loading screens were a problem on the original game, dunno about the Enhanced Edition with a SSD), however, the end after the supermutants start appearing is the worst low the series had, it is just a slog of endless trivial fights and the combat system on Witcher 1 is far from something I would consider good.

SpoilVictor

Educated
I've started Metal Gear Solid V today. Ground Zeroes for now, beaten "main mission" and some SpecOps for unlocks in Phantom Pain.

Nice thing is significant difference between spot range during day and night. Main mission takes place during rainy night and you can almost walk into someone, but during day enemies are much harder to approach.

For now it seems like pretty standard stealth affair. Still not sure how I feel about choked/tranquilized enemies waking up. It is pretty neat idea that they get up so you have to be extra careful, on the other hand it is really stupid that guy who got interrogated and choked, wakes up like from afternoon nap and goes back to his post. Yeah, I know that stealth games are stupid (otherwise they would be unbeatable) but I feel that it is some next level stupid.

Things that get on my nerves: I'm starting to believe that in Japan they not only play games on pad but also make them. I can't bind my side mouse buttons 'cause apparently in Japan they have never laid eyes on modern mouse (probably mouse with rubber ball is most advanced thing there).
Man that dude Kojima really loves himself - his name appears all the time. Kojima this, Kojima that, Kojima Productions - Ok you made this game I get it.

As I have never played any MGS game I have no idea what is going on, who is who, and why am I supposed to care. I've seen Youtube video explaining story and I'm still none the wiser. It seems like every 80' and 90' action flick plot smashed together, which isn't bad per se.

Ocelot

Learned
I've only played MGS5 as well and starting from that game didn't affect my experience. MGS5 is probably one of the weakest entries story-wize. It's the gameplay that makes it worth playing. The MGS storyline is a mess anyway.

Enemies waking up is annoying but if you have a decent pace it shouldn't be a problem. If you take your sweet time in every mission (which is fine, too), you'll have to deal with it all the time but once you get the hang of it it's not that distracting. As for detection, there are many things that affect it. Definitely unlock and make use of the different camos. Not all of them are essential, but some make detection much harder. The stealth suit sucks balls during the day.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Finished KotOR for I think the third time, last time I played was around 6 or so years ago. Game has been discussed thoroughly enough that I won't bother. I just want to add to my earlier gripes with the writing that all the way to the end the main character was written like an obnoxious 15-year old trying hard to sound edgy, and at times incredibly naive. I'll give the game :3/5: and a half out of :5/5:.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
As far as movie tie-in games go, they tend to be below average. Which is why it's always surprising to find one that's actually pretty decent.

The Mummy: Demastered is a 2D Metroid-vania platformer where you control an unnamed Prodigium agent that's dispatched to a plane crash site in England (as in the film) and from there go through a few locations from the film to reach the eponymous villain of the film. Tom Cruise is nowhere in sight, but Russell Crowe's mug is nice enough to pop up now and again and give you pointers about what you should be doing.

The game feels like it's a straight port from either the SNES or a Genesis, the game has only one volume controller for all sound, doesn't support 16:10 resolutions and has checkpoint saving. Fortunately the soundtrack is good.

For a game of its kind, this game really doesn't do anything wrong, but veteran players will probably find the game too easy, mostly due to the strange Health system this game has. You start with 100 HP, and this will go down if hit by monsters and go up if you collect health power-ups, business as usual. Where it goes weird is finding the Medikits which increase your health by 100 HP each. There are ten such Medikits in the game, meaning 1000 HP in total. I'm almost at the end of the game, and I've yet to even come close to dying to anything in this game, not even the bosses. That doesn't mean that everything in the game is easy, the hardest thing by far in this game is finding the 50 relics. They're scattered about and hidden rather well, and you'll need the full range of abilities to reach all of them.

Recommended. $20 may be asking a little too much for it, but it's a great game to pick up during a sale.

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
main character was written like an obnoxious 15-year old trying hard to sound edgy, and at times incredibly naive
A suprisingly accurate description of the writing. I remember how when i was younger i beat the first kotor at least two times, both times ignoring most of the companions dialogue.
Nobody cares about what is bothering you, Carth!

The Decline

Arcane
Due to reading the Ion Maiden thread I have had the urge to play some Build engine goodness. Going through the various addons and TCs I never played for Duke Nukem 3D.

HjgUCHF_d.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom