Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What games are currently on your backlog?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
SOMA

Hard West

Stanley Parable

Witcher 3

Grim Dawn

Shardlight

Darkest Dungeon

Resident evil 0: Remaster

GTA V

Grim Fandango Remaster

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Still surprised how that term managed to spread outside of NeoGAF... I have no "backlogs", and neither should you.
... what term? Backlog?
Do you honestly think that's a 'term' invented over at NeoGAF?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Backlog is retarded concept.

Doing some "to do" list when you're grown adult, with real life responsibilities, 12h+ job(s) and little time to play (if any), and do retarded lists with bazillion games that need more than 5h to beat) is just pure water cretinism, not to mention that every year more and more titles are released, then more and more land in your Steam library collection - these "backlogs" become perfect "retard magnet baits".
FFS why games can't be the only thing where you don't need to make an oaths and whatever? Just one thing where you can friggin relax and don't give a damn about deadlines and time in general?

It's easy way to turn your entertainment into job. Tedious task, filling progress bars and collecting XP (because every game these days have XP collection and other RPG elements).

OP is a faggot
drag'n'drop thread into retardolande

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
MotherMachinae

Wow, you're a special kind of fucking retard aren't you? Yeah..

Listen, a backlog for games isn't a "to-do" list in the traditional sense. It's more like a bucketlist of things(games) you really want or are interested in, and that you know you are gonna do at some point.
Like going on a vacation you really want, but just can't right now for whatever reason, job/kid/money/time or whatever. It doesn't really have a deadline.

Nothing wrong with having a list - a backlog - of games you know you want to play, but havent gotten around to, but will eventually.

And lastly, go fuck yourself you fucking cancerous piece of potato-ass bitchtrash.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
About 70% of my 571 game, steam library. That's not including games that I haven't purchased yet that I want to play.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Every good CRPG, TBS and FPS, and their best user made content, made after May 1997.
Should keep me occupied a while...

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Games I'm very interested in playing next after Neverwinter Nights:

Ember
Icewind Dale 2

Now I don't know why exactly but these games are in my deep state backlog. I've played them but never got too far into them but I feel like I need to complete them in order to move on from the last generation. I know you think these games are gay, but that doesn't mean that I am

Sacred 2
Divinity Ego Draconis
Dragons Dogma
Risen series
Two Worlds 2
Arcania
Fable 2-3
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
Bards Tale (2005)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Currently playing MGSV and Mordheim. Both big games.

Most looking forward to starting Age of Decadence, X-Com 2 and Dark Souls 2.

The Anti-Santa

Learned
Backlog is retarded concept.

Doing some "to do" list when you're grown adult, with real life responsibilities, 12h+ job(s) and little time to play (if any), and do retarded lists with bazillion games that need more than 5h to beat) is just pure water cretinism, not to mention that every year more and more titles are released, then more and more land in your Steam library collection - these "backlogs" become perfect "retard magnet baits".
FFS why games can't be the only thing where you don't need to make an oaths and whatever? Just one thing where you can friggin relax and don't give a damn about deadlines and time in general?

It's easy way to turn your entertainment into job. Tedious task, filling progress bars and collecting XP (because every game these days have XP collection and other RPG elements).

OP is a faggot
drag'n'drop thread into retardolande

Completely agree. Racking up a list of games that MUST be played is a chore, a waste of money and can actually contribute to stress. I've had that problem with various media, books, movies. music etc. in both physical and digital formats and all I've got is a load of physical, digital and mental clutter. Attempting to consume all that media won't improve your life one jot.

Mustawd

Started but dropped:
Two Worlds: Epic Edition
Voidspire Tactics
BioShock
Divine Divinity
Primordia
Age of Wonders
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Driftmoon

Will pick up one of these as my next game.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
My backlog is pretty big(these are in no particular order) :
  • Might and Magic I-VI, maybe VII-X if I feel like it and have the money by then to waste on them
  • The Elder Scrolls Arena (keep on dropping in the middle)
  • The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall
  • Fallout 2(keep on dropping in the middle)
  • Wizardry I(haven't finished)
  • Wizardry VI
  • Divinity Original Sin
  • Wasteland(never finished)
  • Age of Decadence (dunno why, I have some trouble getting into this one)
  • Underrail
  • Baldur's Gate II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Doom(the first one) (stopped after the first episode)
  • Doom II
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Icewind Dale
  • Icewind Dale II
  • Fallout Tactics
  • Fallout New Vegas (always drop after killing Benny)
  • Heroes of Might and Magic III
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V
  • Legend of Grimrock II
  • Thief
  • Lords of Xulima
  • Arcanum
  • Elminage Gothic
  • Drakensang
  • Witcher I
  • Witcher II
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Elder Scrolls Battlespire
  • Ultima IV

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Games that I'm in the middle of doing and/or have started and haven't completed
Quake E1M6-end
Doom E2-end
Thief (somewhere in the middle)
Divinity Original Sin: Classic (Started fresh a few days ago, trying to re-do a 'blind' run, i.e. logically)
Witcher 3
Legend of Grimrock 1 (near the end)
Legend of Grimrock 2 (about quarter way)
Might and Magic 5 (beat cloud, need to beat dark)
Might and Magic 6 (started recently, at dragoon lair and having troubles w/slimes)
Wasteland 2 (either version, left off near the end or in the middle)
Dark Souls 2 (just started)
Dark Souls 3 (in the middle)
World of Warcraft (need to clear the new content)
The Elder Scrolls: Online (Just started a new character I like)
Warcraft 3 (never finished, near the end of undead campaign)
Starcraft 2: Expansion 2 (started, didn't really get into it)
Guild Wars (Still haven't gotten a character to 30/30 max titles)
Guild Wars 2 (haven't played much of the newest content)
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Special Edition (doing the dawnguard expansion atm)
Zombasite (having problems keeping to a character)
The Quest (having problems getting into the game and keeping to a character)
Runescape (still working on my hardcore ironman character)
AntharioN (I'm either halfway or 3 quarters of the way, working on the swamp area)
Bastard Bonds (near the beginning on a new guy)
Darkest Dungeon (not going to finish this one, I hate the game)
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (Got my tower, but that's how far I got)
Gothic (just started)
Krai Mira (just started)
Lords Of Xulima (kinda near the start)

Those are the ones that I remember being in the middle of, I'm working on them right now. Probably will add Grimoire to that list when it comes out.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Big ones are The Witcher 3 and MGS5. I only have an hour or two max per day to play vidya, and they're just so fucking long I don't know how I'll ever get through them :negative:

There are also a lot of classics that I missed and need to get around to playing, notably Thief and System Shock 2.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Big ones are The Witcher 3 and MGS5. I only have an hour or two max per day to play vidya, and they're just so fucking long I don't know how I'll ever get through them :negative:

There are also a lot of classics that I missed and need to get around to playing, notably Thief and System Shock 2.

Playing MGSV at minute. Really enjoying it. Clocked up around 60 hours so far, just over half way complete.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Coincidentally Witcher 3.

How's the combat in it? Played a bit of Witcher 2 after Dark Souls and kinda missed the combat in DS. Appreciate they are different types of games though.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
How's the combat in it? Played a bit of Witcher 2 after Dark Souls and kinda missed the combat in DS. Appreciate they are different types of games though.
W3's combat is serviceable to decent imo. Worked fine to be fun, but wasn't really that difficult or thought provoking most of the time (on the normal difficulty).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom