Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

what is the best way to enjoy legacy of kain: soul reaver?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heard alot of great things about the game, but when i played it (steam version) i found plethora of performance and had trouble running it decently. When it ran, the keyboard control are complete smegma and controller doesnt help too. Tricking it using xpadder still doesnt change the awful camera and control.

I never pass that waterfall jump at the beginning before getting a headache.

Is it better the emulate the gamecube version with updated gfx and all?

Max Stats

Liturgist
Is there a GC version of LOK:SR? Wiki doesn't seem to list one for that particular LOK.

I would say the Dreamcast version with a VGA box would likely be tops. If that's not possible, then it looks like the PSX version is all that's left after ruling out the PC version.

J1M

Arcane
Heard alot of great things about the game, but when i played it (steam version) i found plethora of performance and had trouble running it decently. When it ran, the keyboard control are complete smegma and controller doesnt help too. Tricking it using xpadder still doesnt change the awful camera and control.

I never pass that waterfall jump at the beginning before getting a headache.

Is it better the emulate the gamecube version with updated gfx and all?
Play the PC version with a controller. Using a WinXP machine may help.

Emulate the Dreamcast version with nullDC. It's perfectly playable and the best version of the game.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Start right, play Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain first, then when you get to Soul Reaver 2 you'll get all self referential stuff.

sullynathan

Arcane
I have it and I played part of the PC version with a controller but codexers told me that the PC version is missing some sounds.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Enjoying videogames? What are you, a 12yo in the body of time wasting adult or something?

Gentle Player

Arcane
The PC versions of these games are broken and are bad ports - particularly the first Soul Reaver. Best emulating PS versions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom