Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the worst game you played from the past 10 years?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
For me it is Firewatch, which isn't really a game, but everyone insists on calling it one anyway. I would like to explain why I hate it so much but I am too tired and it makes me angry. Your turn.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have a shit memory, and I like to sometimes play too many emulated games.

So from the last 2-3 years, and I've actually beaten, Jak II.

deuxhero

Arcane
GBA Tales of Phantasia (I can't for the life of me remember why I played it) just barely misses the window.

Winslow

Novice
Patron
I'm sure there's plenty of worse indie darlings that I cannot recall but of the high profile ones Borderlands had the most "what were they thinking" moments that made me regret my purchase within the first half hour.
I also despise Mass Effect 2 for ruining a winning formula.

Winslow

Novice
Patron
The first one had enough customization options for me to bend and break the mechanics to larp a space wizard and pretend I was almost playing an RPG. Instead of adding onto that potential they stripped it all out in favor of a shitty Gears of War clone.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Low profile p.o.s.: Legend of Candlewind
Medium profile p.o.s: Sacred 3
High profile p.o.s: Sim City 5, Anno 2600 (or whatevernumber - the newest.)

Haven't finished any of them.
Edit: Oh, didn't pay attention to 'last ten years'. There sure have been worse titles I played. Thankfully I'm blessed with a memory that tends to forget the bad experiences quickly.

Edit2: Lots of edgelord answers already. Come get your Kool Kredits!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom