Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What new game should inXile Entertainment make if Wasteland 2 is very good?

What new game should inXile Entertainment work on next?

• Wasteland 3

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • PlaneScape: Torment sequel/spin-off/spiritual sequel.

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura sequel/spin-off/spiritual sequel.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer sequel/spin-off/spiritual

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • A new Dungeons & Dragons game. (RPG or otherwise)

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • A new IP. (RPG or otherwise)

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • My Little Pony RPG (kc)

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Other (idea not listed here).

Votes: 15 10.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 7219

I would prefer to play a low level street thug who starts out working for Crazy 8 and Tuco, you pick the path you take. You can end up becoming a informant for the DEA or you can end up working for Fring as a muscleman, or a chemist, or go south and work for the Mexicans. Along the way your path may cross with Walter and Jesse. Or it may not, choices and consequences. I just want to see a game made in that world.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
gothic horror Ravenloft-alike but not the license so they can spend the money on the good stuff

squad based survival horror rpg with the usual choices and shit awww yeah suck it bloodlines

Arcanum II done right would also be nice

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Those suggestions are crap.

I'd really like to see Centauri Alliance get a facelift. Not actually an Interplay product I think? But Cranford did it, and did it a lot better then BT.

Yeah that was a great game. Good memories.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
They haven't even proved that they can make a good game yet.

I say Wasteland 3 if Wasteland 2 rocks but if Wasteland 3 sucks, try something else, like a dystopian, cyberpunk, or maybe even steampunk setting.

Let's get ahead of ourselves!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah what brayko said. Game isn't even out yet. It's too early to plan a sequel to a sequel.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A re-imagined Bard's Tale would be.... interesting. Granted I'm so fucking sick of fantasy shit settings.

Sci-Fi/Space would be awesome.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Obligatory request for a Western RPG.

Would suit the classic combat heavy party based RPG system that they'll have to develop for W2, anyway, and I'd always like to see something new (especially in an under-used setting) than another sequel or fantasy re-tread.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
16th/17th century cloak-and-dagger setting with wheellock pistols and rapier duels and awesome hats, and maybe some magic/mystery stuff like witchcraft and alchemy and clockpunk science da Vinci style.

Oh god yes I'd kill for something like that, eat my matchlock musket bullet you late medieval cauldron-using witches fuck yeah oh shit that alchemist/scientist over there has sold them a 10-barreled organ gun I'm fucked.

potatojohn

Arcane
A storyfag RPG based on Umberto Eco's Baudolino.

blemmyes.jpg

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
A new isometric RPG with no magic, an as-Orwellian-as-it-can-get cyberpunk setting, with no fucking elves and orcs.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
RPG based on the Highlander universe as established in the first season of the original TV series.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
voted for a new IP (something cyberpunky sounds good) but id get a fat if inxile took any of the poll options :O

well except for that pony one

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
This poll is shit.

Why Planescape?
Why Arcanum?
Why Mask of the Betrayer?

How the fuck do ANY of these games relate to InXile. How are they even remotly catering to their strenghts? Especially Planescape and Mask which are both Storyfaq RPG's?

And why the hell is a real Bart's Tale missing which would be the most obvious?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom