Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What to play when on rehab

DraQ

Arcane
Maybe morrowind? although I finished the vanilla once on release.
I don't think Morrowind would work well with text aversion and short attention span.

Maybe some fun TB crawler like Wizardry 8?

Maybe an atmospheric shooter like Unreal (you can always lower the game speed and difficulty)?
(Though if you just want a slow-paced one Q2 gets the cake.)

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Here's a good one:

tumblr_inline_n1c6yu2LsC1rwc71v.jpg

rogozhin

Cipher
I don't know how much your concentration and reflexes will be affected by the sedatives, but something addictive and distracting where you don't really realize how much time you're wasting on it sounds like the right idea. I'd suggest either a 4X / grand strategy game (where you neither have to constantly fight for survival nor manage a fuckhueg empire - something like Portugal in EU3 should be relaxing but still addictive enough) or a Diablo-like. Maybe Mount & Blade. Morrowind could work too since you're basically free to decide how text-heavy your experience is going to be.

Azrael's general advice is probably far more valuable than any game suggestion, though.

Gregz

Arcane
Yeah, you want something very addictive but not stressful:

Listed in order of required reflexes (top requires better reflexes, bottom the least)

Diablo II Median XL mod
M&B:WB Prophesy of Pendor mod
Borderlands (I prefer the original, most prefer the sequel)
Sid Meier's Pirates!
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Zangband

Any of those are very addictive on the first playthrough.

yellowcake

Arcane
I am, thank you very much, although sedatives make me feel barely awake most of the time.

On that machine you cite I have X-Wing Alliance and Independence War to finish. I abandoned the latter on one of the tougher missions almost a year ago so I will probably have to start over again. Then I plan to try X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter: Balance of Power. All of them in glorious hardware GLide. And yeah, I had finished Unreal on it and it was the best, GLide rules.

In the meantime I had the privilege to suckle at Codex' ample multiheaded dick teat and had been gifted steam key do DOS. I've put almost 20hrs in it already and enjoying it very much, in fact starting a session right now.

:salute:

I guess I will donate remainings of my drinking fund for DU's blow and hookers server maintenance as soon as I recover my PayPal password.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I'm not kidding, it's really a good game. I've already 60+ hours in it on my steamcount.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just one suggestion to add for relaxing stuff: Impressions City Builder games. Pharaoh is the best for the glacial pace of monument building. Incredibly relaxing and slow paced yet very engaging.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Play some adventure games or turn-based role playing games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom