Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What will evil be in Tranny anyway?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
There's no way they'll depict rape, brutal violence against children, tr00 racism (e.g. "fucking nigger!!", not "dwarfs are short!! i dont like them!!").
So what can they possibly put in a game to make a 21st century man feel like a bad-ass..?
How can this game deliver on the promise of evil won?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
There's no way they'll depict rape, brutal violence against children, tr00 racism (e.g. "fucking nigger!!", not "dwarfs are short!! i dont like them!!").
So what can they possibly put in a game to make a 21st century man feel like a bad-ass..?
How can this game deliver on the promise of evil won?
Californian kwan devs, swedish publisher. Take a guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The evil overlord can set up a network of magical devices to drain the souls of the land's newborns and use those souls to power the rebirth of his evil god. +M

Theldaran

Liturgist
They didn't depict that in BG2, even though it happened off-screen, most probably. Also with Mass Effect's sex scenes as a basis, imagine the wonderful hate (and all the attention) it would garner.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The evil overlord can set up a network of magical devices to drain the souls of the land's newborns and use those souls to power the rebirth of his evil god. +M
Like I said before, most evil thing will probably be genocide/ethnic cleansing to wipe out whatever group is capable of resisting the new ruler.

So it's different from playing a good guy in CRPGs, in that case you do it just for xp and loot.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Anti-hero is as far as I see Obsidian doing "evil".

You'll be a troubled man with a dark mysterious past who hides a heart of gold behind a scarred face and harsh attitude.

Last edited:

Theldaran

Liturgist
In this game, you're not even the big honcho of evil. You're like a middle person and it will probably include a good path of sorts.

Gremius

Augur
I hope it will be machiavellianism type of evil, to serve your purpose, e.g induce some province to rebellion only for them to get killed but also weakening your enemy as well, rather than "OMG I'M KILLING EVERYONE WITHOUT PURPOSE, I'M SO BAD AND EVIL BUAHAHAHA".

More mature kind of evil, like in AoD.

Evil?
Should've spent more on propaganda.
Also whole setup is weird - giving so much power (right of absolute judgment!) to some random man. Doesn't look like tyrant to me. More like someone who believes into selfless people, justice and ponies.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Evil?
Should've spent more on propaganda.
Also whole setup is weird - giving so much power (right of absolute judgment!) to some random man. Doesn't look like tyrant to me. More like someone who believes into selfless people, justice and ponies.
you'll probably be able to play as a woman, becayse lol inkl00sive

Sannom

Augur
you'll probably be able to play as a woman, becayse lol inkl00sive
The white-haired woman in blue appears in enough of the screenshots to make me think she's the PC, so yeah, most likely.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The player will immerse xirself in the role of a mid-level executive in the Realm of Evil Corp. Xir character's tasks will be holding office meetings with other employees of Evil, aiming to hit Evil-targets for the quarter by managing the efforts of enslaved progressive minded folk, and taking care of the paperwork being up-to-date.

Eventually, the player character will discover xir true gender/philosophical/political identity, and will go on to subvert the Evil system, carving out a small realm of hope for the progressive humanity.

Big fight against Evil scheduled for the sequel.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually this game is about a god inside a mortal shell. He wants to judge his creations, but wants to do it without his knowledge and power, so comes down. If you judge GUILTY too much, then at the end you, as the god of creation, decide that the world should end, otherwise "good ending".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom