Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What would be the reaction to female protagonists from earlier eras in gaming today?

Neanderthal

Arcane
Only met a few folk off NeoFag, every one o em were a right gobshite cunt though, had one o em tellin me that "discussion on Neogaf is so much better, it is almost Shakespearian, so elevated and refined." Sounded like a right fuckin Jessie, an pole up his arse musta been stuck up there from birth. Right twat.

tormund

Arcane
SA is only slightly better than NeoGAF in the SJW department. I guess that both forums are ruled by stereotypical older nerds from Murrica and UK, the kind of people that were among the first to jump onto "progressive" bandwagon.

Don Peste

Arcane
1384947911_m19.jpg

space-bunnies-e1303936322763.jpg

(I wonder If anoyne remembers this gaem^)
Do you remember this? :D

It's supposed to be opposite to the Codex. In reality it's political correct safe play yard, where you write politically correct posts.
Easy to get banned.
That exactly sounds like the opposite of the codex IMO. Granted I haven't deliberately tried to piss of the mods here so I don't know how easy it is to get banned here, though I do see quite a few [name] II and III accounts.

Last edited:

Telengard

Arcane
They would say something like this:
"Tomb Raider" is designed to infatuate adolescent boys with a sexy girl they can control and to be titillated by her voluptuous body and sensual moans and groans. When I scanned the Internet for references to “nude raider,” I found literally thousands of postings by young boys wanting copies of the code and pictures of Lara in full frontal and rear nudity. While the game itself is not overtly violent or perverted, these “extra” features make it highly suspect.

This game receives a 62% (D-) due to its underhanded sensual overtones and nudity.
- Guide 2 Games, 2000

Not to mention the whole "boobs" controversy. (Fun times.)

And then various groups would sue the industry in the US for selling sex and violence to kids - just like they repeatedly did back then - and the industry would get trotted before Congress again, where they would be told they can either voluntarily pull back from their naughty ways, or they will fall under full government regulation.

Guess what they chose...

pippin

Oddly enough while playing the 2013 game I though new Lara was way more attractive than the old one. Even as a kid I knew she was like a cartoon or something like that. I mean, it was early 3d and everything. But now Lara loos like a girl I could fuck. Making her more realistic also made her more "sexualized" imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom