Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Confession time:
I'm currently leveling a goblin rogue using 7 days of free game time. And I'm having fun. And I'm anticipating Blizzcon for what's next. Fuck. Fuck this shit. Almost 50 levels in 3 days on a new server without heirlooms or any boost, but that's how I play mmoarpgs. It was a year since last time I played and I don't think this will last for more than this week of free play time and eventually a month after an eventual expansion. But, still, I suck and I feel a little hooked again. I blame Hearthstone.

So anyway. Do you think they will squish items? Increase cap by 5? Introduce just 1 race? 1 class? Emerald Dream as new continent? New features?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'd be surprised if Blizzard introduces any new classes ever again. They were always lazy about it. They'd rather just "rebalance" the old classes again.

xemous

Arcane
whats next is 1,500,000 lost subs in Q3 2013 and another 9 months of MOP

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You will be bored at endgame.

I feel like playing wow again, but I know I will just be drawn back to the same character I have always played, look at the full bags and bank, get a headache just thinking about clearing it then quit again.

They should stat squish. They will probably not add another class for awhile. I'd like the 5man style to change, they were all boring in MoP, like wrath. Still waiting for fishing to not be complete shit. Still hate raid difficulties, but that is never changing. They've actually added another one since I took a break.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The few times I've gone back to WoW since I quit many years ago I've gotten bored in about two weeks. You can 'consume' all non-raid content in an expansion in under a month and raiding is tedious loot grinding. I would probably play for said month if I knew a group of people to do dungeons with... and didn't have to shell out $40ish for the expansion. What are they doing next? I believe they've said they'll do an item squish. I'm sure they'll throw in a couple of new races for laughs. As far as theme I think it will be another Burning Legion expansion going to the Draenei homeworld to 'liberate' it.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah, I did resub twice after quitting it but I didn't last long, there's not much appeal left if you're not interested in raiding anymore for the latest itemlvl.
Had my autistic fun with BC and WotLK but I don't see how it could captivate me again.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So anyway. Do you think they will squish items? Increase cap by 5? Introduce just 1 race? 1 class? Emerald Dream as new continent? New features?

Heh, probably after Grimoire released :)

I put my money on new races and in game Heartstone game. If memory serves right ,they got some site named like "abyss", so another underwater/earth XP is nearby.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's no future for WoW, that ex-Dev said everything:

Mark Kern said:
When the bar is lowered so that everyone can reach max level quickly, it makes getting to max level the only sense of accomplishment in the game

If WoW is so popamole that in 3 days you get 50 levels, how the fuck will they ever keep you interested for long releasing 5 levels every 2 years? I played it since Burning Crusade, had a guild of RL friends and everything, yet we all quitted 2 months in Pandaria...it just wasn't fun anymore.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I played Pandaria a bit on the PTR. Game really took a nosedive. They're too lazy to make five man dungeons anymore so now they're leaning on 'scenarios.'

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Pandaria also throwed on your face how the world makes no sense at all... I had just slayed fucking Deathwing a month ago and saved all of Azeroth together with the Dragon Aspects and Thrall... Pandaria arrives and then some Pandas ask me to kill RATS in their farms, and all those rats are lv 92, take 10 fireballs each to die and if too many of them surround me, I die.

Seriously, would it be that hard to make them just shitty lv 5 mobs, so that I could AoE then, finish the quest in 5 sec and feel like I was actually a powerful character?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If WoW is so popamole that in 3 days you get 50 levels
the game is popamole but I'm also fucking exceptional at leveling efficiently. I almost always server-first at least my class/race combo, and in absolute worst case I'm at least first in my guild :P

in-game hearthstone sounds a little unnecessary...

they did trademark something like "the dark below" or something? so underwater/underground would make sense.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What's next for WoW:

106322.gif

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think about going back to WoW sometimes, but I just know I'll end up getting my mage to 90 and be geared up for raiding in a few weeks, then I'll do whatever 1 or 2 raids people actually do right now and be bored with those in a month, tops. Blizzard has made raiding an unbelievably casual affair, and I just don't get much of a sense of achievement out of it when any 10 random people can come together and take down a boss in one or two attempts.

Stasgard

Liturgist
As someone who still plays WoW regularly, mainly due to having a decent sized chunk of friends who play it, what is next for WoW is further decline into the realm of crushingly terrible design.

Zed said:
they did trademark something like "the dark below" or something? so underwater/underground would make sense.

The company Blizzard uses to trademark names (the same one they used for Mists of Pandaria, in fact) trademarked Dark Below about a month or two ago, yes. Odds are pretty high that Old Gods/Naga are going to be the focal point of the next expansion, which is fine by me, so long as they don't fuck it up. Which they will.

Xor said:
Blizzard has made raiding an unbelievably casual affair, and I just don't get much of a sense of achievement out of it when any 10 random people can come together and take down a boss in one or two attempts.

WoW was never the greatest game in the world, but I can say that doing progression raiding back in Wrath of the Lich King was one of the most fun experiences I've had in a game. I ran with a raiding guild this expansion during the last patch and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. The lowering of raid difficulty and the full fledged idiocy of the Raid Finder system has left basically everyone in the game as a bumbling retard who can't even tie their own shoelaces.

I still enjoy the game and won't be leaving anytime soon, at least not for long, but seriously... just avoid. It isn't worth it.

abija

Prophet
WoW was never the greatest game in the world, but I can say that doing progression raiding back in Wrath of the Lich King was one of the most fun experiences I've had in a game. I ran with a raiding guild this expansion during the last patch and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. The lowering of raid difficulty and the full fledged idiocy of the Raid Finder system has left basically everyone in the game as a bumbling retard who can't even tie their own shoelaces.
Progression raiding hasn't changed a bit though, they definitely didn't lower the difficulty. And not exactly sure why difficulty and players in LFR influence your experience, it's not content designed for you.

Stasgard

Liturgist
Oh, I don't actually do progression anymore, all that content is still quite fine, when doing heroics, I'm sure. Problem is, the rest of the game, including normal modes are quite a bit easier, at this point. Might just be a matter of me being better at the game now, who knows? The experience outside of heroic raiding is a hell of a lot easier now than it used to be, to my perception, however.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
WotLK raiding was already p. shitty. It was the beginning of the end with all the pve changes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would go back if they made five man content F2P and just charged subscriptions to access raids and, I guess, rated battlegrounds. They say F2P isn't really on the table but if they ever did introduce it I'm sure it would be something like that: they allow you to level to the cap and do some dungeons but if you want to get into the meat of the game you have to pay the fee.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I doubt I would ever go back, Pandaria was so boring I didn't have the will to even reach Lv 90 and see all the new areas... only MMO I'm looking foward now is Everquest NEXT, and maybe that Vampire one.

subotaiy

Cipher
Yes, EQ Next sounds like it has someting different than the theme park formula from Wildstar or ESO, borrowing elements from Minecraft or Terraria; it remains to be seen how much is marketing bs and how much is real.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
i never played wow, never will...but i'm pretty sure the shit should have ended with the Lich King's defeat.

I mean, fucking Kung Fu Panda's after the Burning Legion and the Undead Scourge? wtf is that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom