Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Revenant

I'd still prefer to play on Europe if only because for me latency is under 100 ms here, while it's ~200 or more in NA.

Don Peste

Arcane
Would anyone sign up for a Codexian guild in Legion? Considering Legion will focus a lot on 5man content, maybe we won't even need a lot of people to get something out of it. If we got 10+ Codexers, we might even do some Normal/Heroic raiding. Now, about the details:

region: Europe (because almost all people actively participating in this thread appear to play on EU);
faction: Horde (obviously).

Now, for the realm, this might require some adjustment. I play on The Maelstrom-Deathwing-Karazhan-Lightning's Blade connected realm, but if a significant portion of people wanted to play on an another realm, I'd transfer. My realm's playerbase is mostly from Nordic countries, we've also got Paragon, a world first guild. For this reason, everyone who might want to sign up post a realm you would like to play on. Or transfer or simply reroll, if you aren't that attached to your old character.

Of course, we are going to be completely :incloosive: - all races, classes and specs are allowed, so just play whatever you like and have fun!
I have a token I could use for this...! :D

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have an American account as well, but the problem is I've already bought Legion on EU and would hate to have to buy it again...
Good point, you should buy me a copy, instead so I don't have to waste $40 on it.

Don't. I just played today (a bit on PTR a few days ago and prepatch just came out on live) and I can't believe what a rotten piece of shit this game has become. 3 fucking buttons on hunters, the whole ability pruning thing was retarded to begin with, but jesus that sucks so much ass. There's no room to outplay someone anymore, whether it's a PVE or PVP. So dumbed down and I don't even know why, it was a pretty straightforward and newb friendly game from the get go.

I quit back in Cata and came back to see if it's worth it, it's not. If you are feeling like throwing money at blizzard, get overwatch instead (with a bunch of friends) for some quality pvp, it's pretty good in small doses.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have and really like Overwatch.

I played the Legion beta for like 10 minutes as a demon hunter and uhh, didn't like it much. Still going to buy it and play it for a bit, I like coming back to the game every once in a while and level a new character to reminisce and check out a few of the new things.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
My mistweaver lost 5 buttons and gained 3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fistweaving is gone until I get Hodor level 24 once legion goes live... which kind of sucks. On the other hand, witht he current state of healers being squishy as fuck, I'd die the second I tried to fistweave. My attacks lost their secondary abilities (armor shred on tiger strike, +crit on blackout kick, +damage on rising sun kick). Instead, tiger strikes gives me a buff that stacks up to 3x. Blackout kick removes all stacks of the buff and deals an additional 100% damage for each stack. The 400% damag ekicks are pretty sweet. Rising sun kick refreshes the (otherwise 30 second) cooldown on my thunder focus tea, which I need to cast my big heal as an instant. So there's still reason to get stuck in as a monkhealer.

Once I get the hodor talent, I get a 45sec cd ability that lasts 15 sec, boosts my damage by 50% and heals me + 2 nearby allies for 200% of damage dealt. That should be pretty sweet.

My DK got pruned a lot harder. Also, Unholy Death Knight is ranged now. It's weird... but I sort of like it even if it's dumbed down. My pet generates festering wounds on targets, which I then pop with a ranged ability to deal damage. Plus diseases of course. Biggest problem is that I'm missing an artifact weapon ability that's my execute. So killing people is hard right now. Frost DK.... Yeah. The popamolification of runes really streamlined the fuck out of them. Now you just spam Obliterate all day, and frost strike once you have 5 stacks of razorice.

My mage is resigned to the trash pile. Fuck that shit. Haven't tried my druid or roguey yet. Prot warriors are completely ridiculous right now, with a 1 sec CD 100k damage shield.

If you are feeling like throwing money at blizzard, get overwatch instead (with a bunch of friends) for some quality pvp, it's pretty good in small doses.

By the time the next WoW expansion is out, overwatch classes will have more abilities than WoW :3

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I tried out the changes yesterday and uh, yeah..

I have all of the classes at max level and I think the only one, from what I've seen so far, that could be interesting to main is Fury Warrior. (Note: I've never really taken much interest in Fury prior to this patch, so I can't say if it's more or less interesting than previous iterations.) I'm enjoying the new animations and the rotation for Fury, at least.

I definitely feel like whoever animated Fury warrior put in way more effort than say, Outlaw Rogue. Some of the new animations; Rampage, Heroic Leap, Whirlwind, are really good.

Doubt I'll play Hunter ever again; what a fucking joke of a class. I used to really like playing one back in the day but WoD was shit for them and Legion seems like the nail in the coffin.

Ultimately, I have a fair few friends that play so it's cool to chat shit on Skype and drink beer while we waste time. Not sure I'd bother playing, otherwise.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
So the expansion is shit? Who could've guessed...
The expansion has not been released yet.

I have an Elemental Shaman, Windwalker Monk, Destruction Warlock and Unholy Death Knight at 100 and none of these classes/speccs have ever played better than now. The pruned skills were mostly bloat abilities barely anyone used. Many speccs are very simplistic now, and some will remain so, but other will be spiced up with the artifact weapon (which unlocks at least one more important skill).

Professions are becoming more interesting (WoD was a record low though) and PvPers are getting fucked out of their item advantage (hells yeas).

Transmog system is fun and you can now loot more without worrying about bag space.

Zones look like they could be the best yet in terms of aesthetics and content.

This is looking to be one of the better expansions. The raid content has been solid (if sparse), and with the pipeline they have planned, it looks like it won't be as bad as it has been between raid patches these last two expansions.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
PvPers are getting fucked out of their item advantage (hells yeas)
maxresdefault.jpg

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
with the pipeline they have planned, it looks like it won't be as bad as it has been between raid patches these last two expansions.

They talk this up every expansion. Complete with "well last time it wasn't so good, we've learned and will make it better this time!"

Still, when I get the craving for "MMOrpg - Healer gameplay", which I occasionally do, WoW remains my go-to.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Don't. I just played today (a bit on PTR a few days ago and prepatch just came out on live) and I can't believe what a rotten piece of shit this game has become. 3 fucking buttons on hunters, the whole ability pruning thing was retarded to begin with, but jesus that sucks so much ass. There's no room to outplay someone anymore, whether it's a PVE or PVP. So dumbed down and I don't even know why, it was a pretty straightforward and newb friendly game from the get go.

I quit back in Cata and came back to see if it's worth it, it's not. If you are feeling like throwing money at blizzard, get overwatch instead (with a bunch of friends) for some quality pvp, it's pretty good in small doses.

I agree with your assessment of WoW, but why buy a different kids game from them? Why incentive a company or market with money to make more games for children? Stick to publishers that make games with non-children as their core demographic and lets make game making great again.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They're not letting me play in English on Russian servers. Best I can do is set audioLocale to enUS and get voices in English which is already a gigantic plus.

But whenever I try to connect with textLocale set to enUS to Russian servers, it ejects me with an error saying I can't do this. Motherfucking WHY. You can play in English on all Euro servers, but Russian. WHY.

And so I've been up all night, trying to deassemble wow.exe and find the byte that is responsible for that check.

Fucking blizzard and their stupid bullshit.

Black_Willow

Arcane
They're not letting me play in English on Russian servers. Best I can do is set audioLocale to enUS and get voices in English which is already a gigantic plus.

But whenever I try to connect with textLocale set to enUS to Russian servers, it ejects me with an error saying I can't do this. Motherfucking WHY. You can play in English on all Euro servers, but Russian. WHY.

And so I've been up all night, trying to deassemble wow.exe and find the byte that is responsible for that check.

Fucking blizzard and their stupid bullshit.
But dear Vatnik friend, why would you play in the language of CIA agents? Why not in the tongue of the GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND? Are you an American spy or someting?

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
But dear Vatnik friend, why would you play in the language of CIA agents? Why not in the tongue of the GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND? Are you an American spy or someting?
There used to be a time when Russian language could only be used to talk with housewives, farmers and garbage collectors. All educated people in Russia would speak French with each other. Then Pushkin came and revolutionized Russian language, showed people a completely new way to speak. It changed everything.

The same way Russian used to be inadequate to express emotion before Pushkin, it is currently inadequate to translate high fantasy and video games. It reads awful, bad. Very bad. Horrible shit. PEGI-99.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
If you're a real l33t dude PvPer then you don't need item advantage so not sure why that's 'care bear.' I'm not sure why making skill the only determinant factor is a bad thing.
ffs Metro, don't take my posts so seriously, lighten the fuck up. :positive:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ability pruning is hell. Most classes won't let you be creative now, pvp feels dull and as if you don't have any options. I know it's pre-patch, but I am very sceptical it will be better at 110.

The item advantage of PvPers is gone, true, but if Blizzard won't change anything PvEers will now have an item advantage in world pvp which is just ridiculous and vanilla shit pvp all over again.
For pvp it might become the worst addon ever which is really an achievement after the abomination which was WoD.

Zetor

Arcane
World pvp has always been 1 part super-fun adrenaline rush in a somewhat-evenly matched fight, 99 part shitshow. I don't think this change can make it any worse...

e: well ok, I admit it was fun 1v3ing sub-1200 rated gankers in BC with my crappily-geared warrior alt

Revenant

PvPers will have honor talents to compensate for the lack of gear

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom