Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Black_Willow

Arcane
he's retiring?
at 40-something?
well... good for him i guess
He wants to spend time with his family. Can't say I wouldn't consider the same in his place, with all those mountains of $$$ stashed on my bank account.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
That. When you have so much money you don't even need to work, you can fuck off and dedicate yourself to playing WoW doing whatever you want.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I retired at my current income, yeah I'd probably get bored. If I retired with tens of millions of dollars my disposable... would probably not get bored. It's not like he did particularly involved 'work' at Blizzard. Most likely smoked pot and took naps half the day.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/09/14/patch-7-1s-karazhan-attunement-requires-ilevel-850-followers/

It's basically nothing and really easy to do but still, having some form of attunement is better than nothing.

No, it would be shit.

Effectively, it would be a countdown timer for a fresh 110 to wait out until they could do a dungeon. Suramar dungeons that require a certain reputation level right now are similar. You spend 30mins playing to make as much progress as you can (though for this, it would be 30 seconds "playing", setting up those dull missions) then it's a ~6 hours wait the next pack of world quests (missions for this) come along and allow you to continue progressing.

I also like attunements, but only if you can progress at your own pace. A questchain that requires a variety of Mythic dungeon clears + some summonable world elites would be decent. If you have a group, competence and some time, can knock it out in one or two sessions, if you are bad and wipe/get kicked a lot, you won't see Kara for a while.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Instance_attunement_(Burning_Crusade)

No "wait a bit" stuff here (unless you did a raid/heroic before picking up a quest, then you have to wait a week/day I suppose).

(or here, it appears, but I didn't play it http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Instance_attunement_(original) )

The quest chain that you do right before getting access to Suramar Mythics is a fine attunement chain, a few world group quests, could use some other Mythic quests, but that wait for reputation is just padding.

Someone in the comments says the article is wrong and that the mission mentioned is just a separate thing for extra gear/follower progress. I hope he is right.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So now lead quest designer Craig Amai is leaving (he'd been there for over ten years). Don't think he's retiring because he probably doesn't have the millions of dollars Metzen does but it's kind of strange all of these long tenured people are bailing.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
On the subject of potions: They used to have a 2 minute cooldown, then they had a "One potion per fight" cooldown, as far as i can remember.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So now lead quest designer Craig Amai is leaving (he'd been there for over ten years). Don't think he's retiring because he probably doesn't have the millions of dollars Metzen does but it's kind of strange all of these long tenured people are bailing.
Maybe with legion, new voices with some new ideas got heard, and after the positive reception (it really is the best addon since wotlk) those people now get a shot and the old and rotten get sent into retirement together with some buckets of cash to shut them up.

Its been about time after 3 mediocre to terribad addons.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Do people care about mild spoilers to WoW's 'story'?
As a priest, I had to defend my order hall in the middle of the Immaterium Twisting Nether from an invasion of Chaos the Burning Legion. At which point a Magical Holy Spaceship came to our aid.

World of Warcraft has finally become the Noblebright version of Warhammer 40k it was meant to be since the Burning Crusade.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
he's retiring?
at 40-something?
well... good for him i guess
He wants to spend time with his family. Can't say I wouldn't consider the same in his place, with all those mountains of $$$ stashed on my bank account.
he will get bored

No he won't.

Anyway, I played Legion for 2 weeks and finally got to 110 just to realize that I need to grind about 100 levels worth of ilvl gear to participate in group content.

This fucking game man. I just want to run dungeons with friends! Why do I need to spend 300+ hours facerolling shit-easy NPCs and grinding gear to be eligible for participating in real content? No, normal dungeons and LFR does not qualify as real content. Having only two hours to play like 3 or 4 days out of the week I'll never be able to catch up and enjoy the group content. By the time I have ilvl required for Emerald Nightmare the next raid will be out and nobody will be running EN anymore. Based on the past EN will probably get nerf'd as soon as the next raid comes out as well.

It's like they designed this game for twitch streamers who can afford to put 16 hours into the game per day.

And that's why WoW is where it's at now, because of whiny dipshits like you. It takes literally two days (a week if you count in all the artificial time wasters in hall order campaign for 3rd relic slot) to gear up to 840+ (raid ready, more or less) without crafted gear and about average drop luck. Too bad that there's nothing to do in the game after that, interactivity is gone, skill ceiling is gone and social aspect of the game is pretty much dead.

I was lured in by a friend that bought legion for me and paid for a month, can't see myself even lasting that long and he's on his way out too. So despite Legion being an upgrade compared to WoD it still the nu-wow from nu-blizzard.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
And that's why WoW is where it's at now, because of whiny dipshits like you. It takes literally two days (a week if you count in all the artificial time wasters in hall order campaign for 3rd relic slot) to gear up to 840+ (raid ready, more or less) without crafted gear and about average drop luck. Too bad that there's nothing to do in the game after that, interactivity is gone, skill ceiling is gone and social aspect of the game is pretty much dead.

I was lured in by a friend that bought legion for me and paid for a month, can't see myself even lasting that long and he's on his way out too. So despite Legion being an upgrade compared to WoD it still the nu-wow from nu-blizzard.

Two days of /played time? That would take me like 6 weeks to accomplish at my pace. I wouldn't have a problem with that if the content that you run to gear up was group based (as an MMO should be) and even somewhat stimulating. World quests are solo and mindless though. Doing those is like watching paint dry for a few hours.

The real problem is that they lock all of the fun group content behind hundreds of hours of solo grinding. The solo grinding is so simple a monkey could do it and in the current state of the game nobody even wants to group up for the grind part because everyone's in "RUSh TO MAX ASAP" mode.

Black_Willow

Arcane

Two days of /played time? That would take me like 6 weeks to accomplish at my pace. I wouldn't have a problem with that if the content that you run to gear up was group based (as an MMO should be) and even somewhat stimulating. World quests are solo and mindless though. Doing those is like watching paint dry for a few hours.

The real problem is that they lock all of the fun group content behind hundreds of hours of solo grinding. The solo grinding is so simple a monkey could do it and in the current state of the game nobody even wants to group up for the grind part because everyone's in "RUSh TO MAX ASAP" mode.
Dude, I dinged 110 about a week ago, did mostly some world quests and I have ilvl 825. Do world quests, they give you fucktons of welfare blues, sometimes opics. Just don't forget to finish world quests for daily faction rep - you'll get a box with stuffies AND GEAR.
Playing 1-1,5 hours daily will get you prepared for raiding or mythic dungeons in no time.

EDIT:
You know, group content is something you do with a group. I make my world quest with my fiancee and our pal, we blaze through them like there's no tommorow.
Also, you can always go to a mythic dungeon with your better-geared friends. Remember - true bros love too boost their bros.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Doktor Best: why is this best expansion since wotlk?

@dawkinsfan: you can get in any instance with your group at any ilvl, just not queue for randoms

sser

Arcane
Developer
It really does not take that long to get mythic-level gear. Just do WQ's, run some heroics, and make sure to finish the Hall campaign.

Speaking of Mythics, the biggest check isn't gear, but your stupid teammates who don't know how to stay out of the fucking fire.

QyskBl3.jpg

Zxc1xEt.jpg

Pretty much how most of my fights are ending.

Nevermind how they've no real spatial awareness and pull adds in all the goddam time :argh::argh::argh::argh:

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Been leveling a healing monk for the past 2-3 days. At level 56 now. Jesus christ the kind of shit you see happen in the dungeon finder is atrocious. I'm not saying 90% of humanity deserves to be purged based on how they perform in a video game, but it'd be nice if 90% of humanity were to be purged based on how they perform in a video game.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Been leveling a healing monk for the past 2-3 days. At level 56 now. Jesus christ the kind of shit you see happen in the dungeon finder is atrocious. I'm not saying 90% of humanity deserves to be purged based on how they perform in a video game, but it'd be nice if 90% of humanity were to be purged based on how they perform in a video game.

I stopped leveling my restoration druid at level 51 due to the madness of the group finder, every fucking time the tank runs forward pulling every mob without even waiting for me to catch up, every fucking time the tank has some kind of fast movement ability where he jumps forward leaving me to deal with the fact that when i reach him he's already at 25% health fighting 20 trash mobs alone.

Then i tried to level a mistweaver monk, thinking that maybe the problem was with my druid hot's and the monk would make for a better healer... stopped leveling it at level 30, it was even worse because it didnt have any "oh shit instant heals".

This game has the worse pug's i have ever seen in a mmorpg, how could this shit decline so much? I came over from FFXIV and the grouping there was fucking awesome.

Wulfstand

Prophet
What's the precedent on Blizzard buffing undertuned specs? I've decided to switch to Frost from Blood since I'm having way more fun (all 3 specs involve about as much difficulty), but it's enough for one quick stroll over at the (un/)official forums to get a headache in regards to Frost's viability in raiding. I imagine most Warlocks and Fury Warriors are in a similar position.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
What's the precedent on Blizzard buffing undertuned specs? I've decided to switch to Frost from Blood since I'm having way more fun (all 3 specs involve about as much difficulty), but it's enough for one quick stroll over at the (un/)official forums to get a headache in regards to Frost's viability in raiding. I imagine most Warlocks and Fury Warriors are in a similar position.

Depends on how big the backlash is. Back before warlords was released the warriors took a massive hit with many of baseline abilities being cut. It was declared the worst warrior since vanilla and some big world first guilds even said that raiding was to be halted. Fuelled by that and the backlash from many of the big twitch streamers. Who all play warriors. Some now playing other games instead of making Blizzard money. Blizz had warriors fixed within 3 days to a week with near constant updates during beta and made it one of the best classes in the game.

But when it comes to Blizzard they just have to much damn pride. They refuse to listen when something is bad and they need to rollback to something that works. And they continue to refuse to listen until it comes to the point that they begrudgingly forced to do it. You only need to take a look at the last Q and A which got hijacked by Warlock players demanding answers to see that. Warlocks had given essay length posts on the state of the class and why burning embers needs to return. All of it ignored to the point that in the Q and A they said that Warlocks hadn’t given any useful feedback at all. The dev later realized he had fucked up and tried to pacify everyone with a quick blue post and a 3 shard buff. But from what I have seen testing my old level 62 destruction warlock things are pretty bad. You spend mana to generate shards but you need to spend health to get mana and then life tap that life you need to generate mana that generates shards back. Yer.

On subject of DK’s. The frost spec is fast and fun but weak. Howling blast is in rotation for some reason and like always it will pull everything in the dungeon. Most players I see are either blood or unholy. Unholy is where I’m told the damage it right now with frost being one of the lowest DPS in the game according to the forums.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Well that's slightly reassuring. I've done some digging myself and what I got was a bluepost saying that they're waiting until the first week of raiding passes in order to acquire more "accurate" statistics, before tweaking the numbers some more.

Frost seems to be the only spec I want to play, with blood coming second for pvp mainly (not being able to die once in bgs feels very fun). I don't enjoy playing Unholy, and Blood got very old very fast after leveling up with it up til around level 95. It's even simpler than frost to play, which makes it very unrewarding/unsatisfying to pursue.

I'm not hoping for Frost to turn overnight into the new Havoc, but hopefully they'll tweak the numbers in order to at least make it viable in mythic raids. Otherwise, I'd rather just pick up another class altogether (such as the Prot Pally).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Reroll if you're not happy with your DPS now. Expansions usually set the bar for how the class will perform relative others for 1-2 years to come.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pug healing in WoW is the ultimate ironman challenge. Druid is probably the best class for it. Holy Priest being second best. Paladin is okay, too.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Reroll if you're not happy with your DPS now. Expansions usually set the bar for how the class will perform relative others for 1-2 years to come.

That's cool, thanks for the tip.

Are there any specs that have a similar playstile to Frost DKs? Outlaw, Havoc, Enhancement?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom