Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Weekly chest depends on highest timer beaten. Edit: No, you were correct.

Volcanic should only fuck your healer if cunts aren't moving out of it. I ran one the other night that had a mage that ate every 2nd one that appeared under him and a hunter that wasn't much better. When the damage wasn't straight up putting them in the ground (~75% HP) it was draining mana and potentially taking away casts from the tank. Fortunately I worked out when it was best to just leave them low and never let the tank die, so still made 2 chests.

Kara was a really fun 5-man imo, I hope they get a largely positive reaction and do more "5-man-raids" aka dungeons that take more than 20 minutes. I would love to see a more BRD-ish one, very non-linear and possible to get lost in. New Kara is alright in that regard up to Curator (the same layout as old Kara, but from a different entrance, the old side door), but then it's pretty much a straight line for the other 3 bosses. Haven't done a Nightbane run yet, that fight looks good though.

Puukko

Arcane
It was our healer who got targeted by volcanic all the time as the only caster. I don't remember if he was stacking with us but it is sometimes hard to avoid.

I've had bad luck with trinkets and relics, I'm hoping I get the one from Vault in my weekly chest, instead of a ring like the past 3 weeks. I want to get rid of my <850 gear.

Kara was challenging and fun. Some fights were really hard on the healer, Moroes especially.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I dont get why they dont use the raid difficulty settings for karazhan and other big 5-man-dungeons. Reduce the difficulty a bit for nhc, use current mythic mode has hc and implent a mythic mode that keeps even proraiders on the toes.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am both eager and worried about getting a legendary. I hear the chances of getting a legendary go up as time passes, but I am worried I will get a shitty utility legendary and be stuck with it.

For destruction warlock, there are two legandaries that strongly outweigh the other (extra damage to havoc and soul shard refund).

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I managed to get a legendary once 7.1 hit from a Highmountain cache. Loramus thalipedes sacrifice for the havoc demon hunter alt I have. Never thought I would get one. But nothing on my now buffed frost DK main but a few good relics.

I also was also wondering why my guild of supposedly 300 plus players was so quiet. For a while I thought it was because a lot of people were waiting to see if legion pans out since most of them logged out in there garrisons. Or like me had skipped Warlords and were still level 90 and parked in the vale. But nope. I checked the guild vault and some guy a year ago had not only cleaned it out, but taken all 30 million gold as well. So as it stands Perplexity on Sylvanas EU is about 5 guys on a weekend that don’t talk. So organized content is out the window but at least it’s quiet and stops me getting spammed by the cesspool guilds named after the meme of the month.

They also never lost my Exalted rank. So I can buy all the heirlooms I want.

Puukko

Arcane
Pugged EN HC. At Ursoc, got 6 buffs, did 358k dps, tanked the boss for the last half a mill since everyone else was dead and killed him. He drops all of my best loot. Got 2xgold.
:hmmm:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20355988/placeholder-next-panel

Some new stuff about upcoming patches from Blizzcon.

Patch 7.1.5 a small content patch.
  • Pandaria Dungeons are part of timewalking.
  • Brawler's Guild returns
    • Dozens of New bosses
    • Rumbles - chaotic raid bosses that do stuff like drag everyone waiting in
    • New currency for brawler's guild
    • Rewards - lots of shirts, and a basilisk mount
    • 100% not Canon
  • Micro Holidays - a holiday, but smaller. Little events that don't give you toys or power, but just offer fun things to do. Just fun, wacky things to bring more life to the world.
    • Ahn'Qiraj Rememberence Day. Jan 22, 2006, the gates of AQ opened for the first time. Turn in more Silithus parts and get your faction's banner flown in Silithus for the next year.
    • Volunteer Guard Day. Wave to a guard and switch places
    • Hatching of they Hippogryphs. Pepe-style thing to follow you around.
    • Boat Day.
  • Blade's Edge Arena Update
    • Update
    • Voice over announcer
  • Class Updates
    • Increasing talent diversity
    • Secondary Stats. Haste vs. Mastery vs. Crit. +15 ilvls should be an upgrade
    • Improving "feel" of classes
    • Returning Abilities to flesh out toolkits. eg. Hunters should have traps, and traps will be returning for non-survival hunters. We elevated spec identity instead of class identity. Shroud of Concealment is happening again (thank goodness).
  • Purchasable catch up mechanics. (with in-game currency, I believe he said Order Hall Resources)
7.1.5 will be released SoonTM. PTR right after BlizzCon.

Patch 7.2
  • The Tomb of Sargeras
    • Continue the Class Order Campaign. Where "Horde" and "Alliance" failed, the Class Orders will succeed.
    • New Faction: Armies of Legionfall
    • New World Quests - class focused world quests set in the broken shore area.
    • In 7.2 we need to claim a foodhold and then bulk it up, reminiscent of patch 2.4. We'll be building up old elven ruins into functional buildings.
    • Players can contribute to building different buildings.
  • Legion Assaults
    • Inspired by pre-launch invasion event
    • Broken Isles zones under attack.
    • Disables all world quests in zone, skybox goes dark, it's scary.
    • New world quests are available to clean up the area.
    • Join 3 player scenario onto the legion star destroyer
  • Flying
    • Broken Isles Pathfinder Achievement part 2
    • Defender of the broken isles, Legion Commander, Explore Broken shore, Breaching the Tomb.
    • Custom Class Mount - /u/HellfireKyuubi posted a gallery of them and other things.
    • Tiger for monks
    • Warlock new felmount
    • Wolfbirdthing for Hunters
    • Warriors get a protodrak
    • Mage flying disc
    • Paladin Horse
    • Rogue raven
    • Priest Gryphon
    • Shaman Air elemental
    • Druid owl
    • DH demon bat
    • DK undead dragon
  • New Raid Tomb of Sargeras
    • 9 boss raid
    • Descent into tomb and harness the Pillars of Creation
    • More than just black and green stuff.
    • 4 parts: Cathedral, Flooded Caves, Elven Wing, Part 4.
    • Some bosses revealed
    • Fallen Avatar of Sargeras
    • Kil'jaedon himself awaits us
  • New Dungeon Cathedral of Eternal Night
    • 4 bosses including a Fel Tree
    • Available in Heroic, Mythic, Mythic +
    • Ascend and use the Aegis of Aggramar
  • PvP
    • PvP Brawls, inspired by other blizz games (Hearthstone, OW, HotS)
    • Not necessarily every week, but lets you do PvP in a new different way
    • Add variation with casual BGs, and experiment with new ideas. And have fun!
    • Tarren Mill makes a return. 40v40 hilsbrad craziness
    • Warsong Gulch with capping whenever
    • Packed House - 15v15 arena. Is it balanced? I can promise it won't be.
    • Gravity Lapse in EotS
    • Winter Arathi Basin. Very "cool". You can only see 50 or 60 yards, LM obsolete. All water frozen. "Cool" twist.
    • Eye of the Horn. Eye of the Storm, but everyone is on a Ram mount.
    • Editor comment - these sound hilarious
  • Artifacts
    • All-new artifact traits
    • 4th point in existing minor traits
    • New knowledge levels
    • Alt Friendliness is a consideration. Catch-up mechanisms will be purchasables
    • Relics that modify multiple traits (showed an ilvl 950 item)
    • Continuation of Artifact questline
    • One new appearance for each weapon
    • Inspired by Rhok'delar questline / Green Fire questline, etc.
    • Amazing Guardian appearance
    • Warriors get a flail for Prot.
  • Dungeon Updates
    • Baseline Heroic / Mythic dungeon adjustment. Difficulty and rewards increase.
    • Upper and Lower Karazhan ( Mythic+ / Heroic)
    • Queuable Heroics for Court of Stars and Arcway
    • New Keystone Affices. Bursting. When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 20% of their max helth in damage over 4 sec.
Patch 7.2 coming Soontm right after 7.1.5 on PTR.

Beyond 7.2
We will be going to Argus.

This tale is far from over. World of Warcraft isn't going to be ending any time soon.

qiJh7nH.gif

Last edited:

Revenant

Keep your edginess, that "base" will most likely be something like Garrison Outposts were, i.e. largely irrelevent and unintrusive, like the Legion mission system itself is.

Also, got my first legendary today - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus, as a pally. Gain absorb after not taking damage for X seconds, seems kinda meh to me right now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Keep your edginess, that "base" will most likely be something like Garrison Outposts were, i.e. largely irrelevent and unintrusive, like the Legion mission system itself is.

Also, got my first legendary today - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus, as a pally. Gain absorb after not taking damage for X seconds, seems kinda meh to me right now.
It's a repeat of the Isle of Quel'Danas from TBC. Just with a few advances in tech.

Puukko

Arcane
Moroes drops good loot for me as well. Got 2xgold from him as well and then a ring from the Curator because it's not like everyone has more rings than fingers already.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I switched from Destruction to Demonology, and the difference in complexity is huge in my opinion. Thakiel's Consumption, demonic empowerment, etc definitely keeps me on my toes. Thakiel's Consumption can hit like a truck, but a one second delay can ruin it.

I do not know how anyone can play it effectively without weak auras.

Revenant

So, it has completely reversed: dungeons used to be the bread-and-butter and raids the exclusive end-game content, now raid content can be seen with LFR while certain dungeons are Mythic only, which means you can't queue up for them using the group finder and if you want to see the content of The Arcway, Court of Stars or Return to Karazhan, you have to actually go to them and do them in a difficult mode. Game has never been better for 5manfags than it is now

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They made 5 mans great again. Problem is I'm too old to deal with guilds and shit and e-meeting people to run them.

Puukko

Arcane
Did my first M+10, it was MoS. We were ~865 with a 880 healer. Started off okay but it quickly became apparent we wouldn't beat the timer. And then we just wiped on Helya which I've never done before. Ended up finishing after 66 minutes when the timer is 24 minutes. So no cheevo for me.

That weekly chest had better have some fat loot for me.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I switched to Holy Paladin, and I am having a much better time. I think Holy Paladin is a much better attempt at a tanky, immobile caster than Warlock (comparing apples to oranges, I know). Dungeon queue are 3-5 minutes, and I actually really enjoy Legion's dungeons so far. If Blizzard continues to add more dungeons and rewards, I will stay subbed. The weird part is that trash fights can be harder than the bosses. Most groups still mindlessly AoE, but the mobs can throw nasty aoe spells right back in your face.

Of all the dungeons I have played so far, Maw of Souls seems the most hectic. Just last night, my group made it to Helya without any wipes, and within 20 seconds 2 DPS died instantly, because they stood in her breath attack. We continued the fight with three people (me, tank, and sole surviving DPS). The fight was actually easier with three people, because there were less screw ups to heal through.

Now, I just want Blizzard to add armor dyes.

Puukko

Arcane
Yeah, you really do need to know which trash groups are nasty on +7 and above, otherwise you're sure to wipe.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
It occurred to me last night that I researched the bosses, but not the trash packs. Those are what caught me off guard. I really want to start mythic+, but I need to practice healing more (Beacon of Virtue for the win).

Windwalker

Stygian Software
Developer
I switched from Destruction to Demonology, and the difference in complexity is huge in my opinion. Thakiel's Consumption, demonic empowerment, etc definitely keeps me on my toes. Thakiel's Consumption can hit like a truck, but a one second delay can ruin it.

Is WeakAuras helpful addon for Monks? I've heard alot of people using it, but never had a chance to try it myself. What does it do?

Puukko

Arcane

Is WeakAuras helpful addon for Monks? I've heard alot of people using it, but never had a chance to try it myself. What does it do?
It's a handy way to display buffs, CDs, resources bars etc instead of relying on flashy icons in your action bar to tell you when some ability has procced. You can import profiles made by others. I'd say every class benefits from it, I tried it for the first time in Legion and wouldn't dream of playing my rogue without one now. I've got mine showing opportunity (free pistol shot) procs, marked for death and adrenaline rush CD, an energy bar, and most importantly, which roll the bones buffs I have, /yelling when I get all 6 to let others know. Could add stuff like trinket CDs and other ability cooldowns to it if needed. I can add a picture later.

I actually tried to get this complex weak aura to work for my brewmaster the other day but ran into issues, unfortunately. It would've shown a rcommended rotation on the screen at all times based on procs etc.

Windwalker

Stygian Software
Developer
Puukko Well that sounds nice. I've played Rogue before and without macros, tons of addons and procs you ain't gonna do much. However monks now have relatively simple rotation without any major cooldowns so I'm not sure if addon will benefit for me, but I can try it on Brewmaster spec.
What issues you run into?

Puukko

Arcane
Puukko Well that sounds nice. I've played Rogue before and without macros, tons of addons and procs you ain't gonna do much. However monks now have relatively simple rotation without any major cooldowns so I'm not sure if addon will benefit for me, but I can try it on Brewmaster spec.
What issues you run into?
It was this one I tried to install but simply couldn't get it to work properly:

I may give it another go later, I'm only leveling my monk still.

This is what my rogue setup looks like with everything on:
http://i.imgur.com/BssEoDL.jpg
I should probably add my artifact ability and vanish to it, at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom