Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Wulfstand

Prophet
Don't mind me jumping into your legendary hugbox, albeit with a slightly more whiny tone. To double the douchebaggery, I'll quote myself from this particuar thread on the 7.1.5 forum, in regards to Sephuz.

So for those who don't know, among the many conversation-inspiring changes that are underway in 7.1.5, they're changing the way Sephuz' Secret works by adding in a chance to activate the +Haste buff proc by using an interrupt.
Yeah I got Sephuz as my first orange drop as well, man what a sour taste that left.

While the adittion of interrupts proccing the item's effect is a very good upgrade (since as a MM I rarely get to proc it with just binding shot in raids), that isn't nearly enough. They need to fix the stats.

Simply keep the item as a legendary available for each class, but change its stats according to each class' spec. Give them unique IDs while keeping the spell effect and item icon. That way, Sephuz_MM or Sephuz_Arms would be 10x more desirable than the current iteration.

With that, it remains a universally viable legendary, as it'd have the same proc for every class/spec (and it'd be a pretty cool legendary, one that encourages players to constantly try and interrupt mobs; rewarding players for essentially helping out the whole team is a great mechanic), while at the same time being an invaluable stat increase for each individual spec.

To be honest, just thinking about how mind-numbingly easy this fix is, I start to get angry. Am I missing something? Does my above-mentioned solution pose any faults?

Hopefully all the claims that Blizzard does in fact give a shit about the public bitching and whining opinion is, in fact, true. I'll keep you updated on my personal blog if they will be.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Don't mind me jumping into your legendary hugbox, albeit with a slightly more whiny tone. To double the douchebaggery, I'll quote myself from this particuar thread on the 7.1.5 forum, in regards to Sephuz.

So for those who don't know, among the many conversation-inspiring changes that are underway in 7.1.5, they're changing the way Sephuz' Secret works by adding in a chance to activate the +Haste buff proc by using an interrupt.
Yeah I got Sephuz as my first orange drop as well, man what a sour taste that left.

While the adittion of interrupts proccing the item's effect is a very good upgrade (since as a MM I rarely get to proc it with just binding shot in raids), that isn't nearly enough. They need to fix the stats.

Simply keep the item as a legendary available for each class, but change its stats according to each class' spec. Give them unique IDs while keeping the spell effect and item icon. That way, Sephuz_MM or Sephuz_Arms would be 10x more desirable than the current iteration.

With that, it remains a universally viable legendary, as it'd have the same proc for every class/spec (and it'd be a pretty cool legendary, one that encourages players to constantly try and interrupt mobs; rewarding players for essentially helping out the whole team is a great mechanic), while at the same time being an invaluable stat increase for each individual spec.

To be honest, just thinking about how mind-numbingly easy this fix is, I start to get angry. Am I missing something? Does my above-mentioned solution pose any faults?

Hopefully all the claims that Blizzard does in fact give a shit about the public bitching and whining opinion is, in fact, true. I'll keep you updated on my personal blog if they will be.
im gonna take a big shit now but are you perhaps up for heroics later tonight, with me playing my monk as brewmaster lol

Wulfstand

Prophet

im gonna take a big shit now but are you perhaps up for heroics later tonight, with me playing my monk as brewmaster lol

Yep, although the EU login servers are currently down for whatever reasons. Hopefully I'll be able to convince a handful of people from my guild to join a Karazhan run tonight too, if you're up for that as well. Calling in Revenant since I know he wants to run Kara too. Anyone else is more than welcome to join, of course.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Yep, although the EU login servers are currently down for whatever reasons. Hopefully I'll be able to convince a handful of people from my guild to join a Karazhan run tonight as well, if you're up for that as well. Calling in Revenant since I know he wants to run Kara too. Anyone else is more than welcome to join, of course.
yeah i cant log in now... well, some other night then

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

If it makes you feel better, my friend (plays warrior) got two utility legendaries (Sephuz and Aggramar's something). It still boggles my mind that Blizzard allowed for people to get legendaries that do not help their spec. At the very least, make some legendaries account bound.

Puukko

Arcane
Hahaha. I just got my 2nd legendary on my rogue (Will of Valeera) to compliment my wrists from the weekly chest today. Then I did the world boss on my barely geared brm monk and got Cinidaria, the Symbiote (+damage when enemy above 90%) the same day. I mean it's one of the worst legendaries possible for a brm but I can't even be mad.

They're actually buffing both the legendary and brewmasters in general on the PTR so that's nice.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I'm now on my 3rd legendary. Making it 3 legndaries on 3 different characters. I got the Acherus drapes for my Frost DK from the first boss in The eye of azhara on heroic within 3 days of hitting level cap. They have saved me a ton of times already. But simply being able to soak large amounts of damage or just outright avoid mechanics.

Puukko

Arcane
I hit 110 on my monk like a week ago, was not expecting a legendary at all.

At least it's no Prydaz, brm monks take damage every 0.5s anyway so it wouldn't even have time to proc most of the time. They'll be adding leech to the belt which is not half bad for a tank at all.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I played around with affliction on my lock, and the artifact spell is even stranger than I thought. It doubles the bonus of each artifact trait. For example, a trait that provides 5% crit, becomes 10% crit for the duration of reap soul. Therefore, not only is affliction gear dependent, but also incredibly artifact dependent. While I think affliction will have a lot of potential later in the expansion as gear improves (not to mention incoming buffs), I do not think you can casually play it. You need to spend the time to grind artifact points.

I want to do more mythic+, but I desperately want to get my third golden trait on my hpally first, which will take more time (5 points technically). Specifically, the trait I want increases the healing of Flash of Light by 100% on targets below 50% health, which can occur every thirty (30) seconds.

I would not have this same concern on a dps character, but watching party members die is a disappointing feeling.

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
Finally got a chance to run Karazhan with the guild and it was really good. Honestly if the devs listen to the positive feedback and decide to make more dungeons that are actually creative design wise, then the rest of legion is gonna be great.

At this point I should also mention that if I wouldn't have joined the guild that I'm in now, I'd have probably taken a break, as doing wqs and pugging mythic+ is not fun at all.

Nighthold is out come Jan 17th. I'm hoping it's going to be actually interesting as EN is a complete let down for me at least, and ToV is fun but it's too much of a rehash.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Its kinda shitty though that Karazhan does not have different difficulties. They should have treated it like a raid instance with normal/heroic/mythic difficulty with the current one being set to heroic mode.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Maybe, but personally I don't feel the same way. You need around 850-60 ilvl to get to comfortably run Kara from what I gathered, which kind of is the plateau you'll reach doing content by yourself.
My main gripe has to do with how the community generally won't take you unless you are much higher geared because of course they all want that "smooth" run and think that you can only get that with cutting edge 890 players, and I don't think there's anything Blizz can do about that. You shouldn't be pugging Kara anyway as the only hard part about it are the mechanics, which is great.

To go even further with this train of thoughts, I think it's better to have at least a small portion of the content gated behind a barrier of some sort again in order to incentivize players to try and team up with other people. I'm not a huge fan of sightseeing dungeons, as they just promote more of that brainless, mute way of playing that is already prevalent.

If you wanna run Kara you can add my battlenet tag and we'll clear it after the reset.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Finally got a chance to run Karazhan with the guild and it was really good. Honestly if the devs listen to the positive feedback and decide to make more dungeons that are actually creative design wise, then the rest of legion is gonna be great.

At this point I should also mention that if I wouldn't have joined the guild that I'm in now, I'd have probably taken a break, as doing wqs and pugging mythic+ is not fun at all.

Nighthold is out come Jan 17th. I'm hoping it's going to be actually interesting as EN is a complete let down for me at least, and ToV is fun but it's too much of a rehash.
I am at this point now. I like my guild, but I am over 2 months behind, and they are all 10+ on mythics.

Puukko

Arcane
I believe I heard somethimg about M+ wings for Karazhan, but don't take my word for that.

I'll try and get it done on my 863 brm monk this week. Funnily enough, it seems brm will be 7.1.5's fotm spec after everyone shat on it for months.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I believe I heard somethimg about M+ wings for Karazhan, but don't take my word for that.

I'll try and get it done on my 863 brm monk this week. Funnily enough, it seems brm will be 7.1.5's fotm spec after everyone shat on it for months.

Yeah, for M+ Kara, they'll be splitting it in half, so we'll have 2 new Mythic+s. Can't remember when that'll get released though. Probably 7.2.
Also, from what I've read, it seems like what the vast majority of the community liked to shit on is actually a bad joke, as BrM and Elemental are both great specs, at least for M+.

Puukko

Arcane
I had my first run with an ele shammy in CoS+6 yesterday, think he was 872 doing 350K dps overall. So not terrible, but not exceptional either.

Zetor

Arcane
I main an ele/resto shaman and ele kinda sucks on singletarget unless you go for a gimmick ascendance build, and even then you're going to do way worse than an enhance shaman (the next patch is going to Make Us Great Again, however). Thing is, though, in a dungeon you're typically more worried about trash than bosses, and ele shamans are pretty much the bomb when it comes to AOE stunning and murdering truckloads of annoying trash as long as they're all clumped up... like the 2nd boss of COS. Stormkeeper (1min cd) + CL/EQ spam = 1mil burst DPS with constant non-DR stuns on the entire pack, plus lightning totem every 30 seconds for a big AOE on-demand stun. Plus there's still wind shear for a ranged interrupt on the most dangerous mob in the pack in case your earthquake spam doesn't stop them from casting automatically.

Hell, you don't even need stormkeeper to outdamage the AOE of most other classes with sith lord lightning...

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
Finally got a +10 done. Maw+10 sanguine/overflowing/tyrannical on my 867 brm monk alt. It wasn't too terrible with 875+ dps and a 883 healer. Tyrannical Ymiron is nasty but Harbaron is a piece of cake and Helya's hardly more difficult than the trash.

Watch my shitty tanking:

Now I need to get one done on my rogue main as well.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Zed you might be happy to hear that they've made Elemental a top tier spec in 7.1.5, in case you're still willing to play.

They more or less butchered Marksmanship though, as in my main spec. SPriests, Arcane/Frost Mages, Shamans, Retridins have been uber-buffed from what I've gathered. Guild doesn't want more melee in mythic progression, so I can't play my Warrior either.

. :trigglypuff:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Zed you might be happy to hear that they've made Elemental a top tier spec in 7.1.5, in case you're still willing to play.

They more or less butchered Marksmanship though, as in my main spec. SPriests, Arcane/Frost Mages, Shamans, Retridins have been uber-buffed from what I've gathered. Guild doesn't want more melee in mythic progression, so I can't play my Warrior either.

. :trigglypuff:
im playing black desert online instead, but i might switch back soon

BDO:

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
Thoughts on Nighthold? I went into the normal version last night with my guild, went as far as the 2nd last boss before we had to call it quits due to it being late.

So far I like what I see. I can easily see some of the bosses taking weeks to kill on Mythic. Quite a few of the encounters are memorable, and the castle itself looks far more visually appealing than EN. The 3rd last boss, the astromancer dude, reminded me alot of Algalon. The least impressive fight visually was tychondrius, due to the small room in which he waits.

There is an absolute shitton of ads though, I can easily imagine a good chunk of the raiding night spent just on clearing them.

Some of the fights (ESPECIALLY the High Botanist) are very cpu intensive, due to all of the shit that clogs up the raiding space.

Thank fuck we dont have to go through EN anymore. I'm almost certain that shithole will go down as one of the most boring raids in the game. Between doing NH until mid-late summer when (supposedly) ToS gets released, and M+ not getting its loot upgraded, plus the ak ketchup mechanic, I can easily see most people having enough time getting their alts geared up.

Puukko

Arcane
Yes, Nighthold is a definite improvement over EN. Star Augur was the first boss to give us some trouble on normal and we'll hopefully clear the place tonight and start on HC on Sunday. The first few fights were easy but I can also see the mechanics ramping up in difficulty on HC and especially Mythic.

My monk alt is up to 880 now and I'm really quite enjoying tanking now that I have proper gear. My rogue main hasn't received a legendary since early December despite a hefty /played so I can feel one around the corner. I hope it's the insignia so I can ditch my Valeera's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom