Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Wulfstand

Prophet
Yeah, both Elisande and especially Guldan are very memorable fights. The las three bosses each stand out both mechanically and visually, and I'm super curious to find out how they look in their Mythic iterations.

Puukko

Arcane
Leveling a goblin spriest. This is the first time I've touched Horde since like 2009. I do prefer the Horde races over Alliance ones sligthly, though that could be precisely because I haven't played most of them in such a long time.

Wulfstand

Prophet
If you wanna do some dungeons once you hit 110, hit me up. I can boost you through some lower mythic+s if you want.

I used to be pretty firmly against the addition of all of the Diablo 3 elementa in WoW, but now I think that mythic+are among the best additions the game has had and really hope they keep them in the next expansions. I equally hope they get rid of the RNG aspects (random 2ndary stats on crafting, titanforging)as well as the legendaries, or at least have them be obtainable through a long ass quest chain like in the past.
That having been said, I managed to get 2 legendaries on my warrior last week, as well as a 900ilvl bis relic from the weekly quest's cache, and 2 pieces of tier set from a N Nighthold pug. I got zit on my "main" hunter. Legion in a nutshell. That rng might just persuade the guild to let me switch to my warrior, which in turn might make me a hypocrite for hating on something that ultimately served my goals.

Puukko

Arcane
I getcha. I've had better luck on my brew alt than on my rogue main regarding drops. Both are in the ~885 range now. Even with just 1 dps legendary, my rogue somehow has the 5th highest rogue dps on my low pop realm. How depressing.

I did get half ot the Thunderfury appearance items just now though, so there's that.

inb4 Thunderfury clips through the floor on a gnome

J1M

Arcane
You can now cash out of wow by exchanging your fake wow money for fake blizzard money.

Quit wow forever and avoid giving Blizzard any money in the future? Best deal!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Got about $130ish. Still have more crap to AH but it'll take awhile since it's high end stuff.

Puukko

Arcane
Got my brewmaster up to ilvl 900. Just got the legendary ring from LFR, which along with my chest are the best legendaries for raiding. I'm about as defensive as it gets.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
What's next for WoW? Gated content, power creeps, cancer, and "pay real money for artifact power".

Why do I still play this game?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They apparently have gear scaling for mobs now. I couldn't be arsed to find this thread and post a link. Is this thing still in?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
They apparently have gear scaling for mobs now. I couldn't be arsed to find this thread and post a link. Is this thing still in?
They introduced it a few days ago and quickly reduced the effect after player backlash. Dunno how it works out now, percentage wise, but I didn't notice a big difference. Still a p. dumb idea, the world is gamified enough already.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
This Legionfall rep grind is taking forever. They're really making us work for flying.

Aildrik

Savant
Really tired of the blatant rep grinds. As characters, we have already been deemed the 'saviors of Azeroth' countless times, just got rid of the threat of Gul'dan, neutralized numerous demonic threats throughout the Broken Isles but yeah here is this NEW rep... go do some shit for us to prove your worth. Do it again... and again.

Lostpleb

Learned
WoW is on the verge of requiring an engine revamp just to stay afloat. Although, that would kind of be like providing oxygen assistance for a diseased centenary just so they can say, "FUCK YEAH HE'S STILL GOT IT".

Alternatively, a merger with Bethesda or Bioware might be the way to go. All 3 companies have essentially come to make different flavors of the same game, anyhow ; go collect 10 pig phallus to elongate your hyperweapon, rinse and repeat until sex scene with Jennifer Hale.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
WoW is on the verge of requiring an engine revamp just to stay afloat. Although, that would kind of be like providing oxygen assistance for a diseased centenary just so they can say, "FUCK YEAH HE'S STILL GOT IT".

Alternatively, a merger with Bethesda or Bioware might be the way to go. All 3 companies have essentially come to make different flavors of the same game, anyhow ; go collect 10 pig phallus to elongate your hyperweapon, rinse and repeat until sex scene with Jennifer Hale.

Reworking the engine into the current game would be pointless due to the amount of time it would take, they might as well just make a new game altogether.

I think they're content with the shit that's out now. It seems like they put more thought and focus into Overwatch now anyways.

I would be instantly opposed to any sort of merger with Berhesda or Bioware out of principle alone.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WoW's engine is a heavily modified Warcraft 3 engine. And the dude above is right: they aren't going to spend any money on revamping it. Blizzard is starting to make bigger profit margins on their loot-box games of Hearthstone, HoTS, and Overwatch. Those require far less employees and far less constant updating (at least on a scale much smaller than WoW). Right now WoW is staying afloat because of the whales paying $20 for 100,000 gold to do who knows what with in-game. Without that token the number of people playing would easily be cut in half.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I always wondered about the people who bought those tokens to sell on the auction house. 1-110 doesn't really require much gold, that'd pay for riding and all the various flying licenses and you'd still have 80k or more left over. I guess buying high ilvl gear for a 110 alt might be expensive, but the best gear is going to come from instance drops and there's hardly any competition for drops now. Plus the supply of those BoEs is limited on even high pop servers. Maybe there's a large "carry for gold" market but I haven't really noticed it.

Puukko

Arcane
Hearthstone and Overwatch, sure, but is HotS actually profitable? It seems like the black sheep of the family to me, that they need to incentivize people to play with events.

Revenant

There's plenty to spend WoW gold on - heirlooms, mounts (spider mount is 2 million, transmog mount is 120k, repair mount is 20k), and now in 7.2 BoE legendaries in addition to usual BoE epics. Decking out a new character with gear and vanity items can effectively cost millions of gold.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hearthstone and Overwatch, sure, but is HotS actually profitable? It seems like the black sheep of the family to me, that they need to incentivize people to play with events.

They are bringing the exact same lootbox system in OW to Hots with new 2.0 patch. Which means retards buying hunderds of boxes just to get one ridiculous skin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom