Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Sentinel

Arcane
why would they? they aren't playable

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well they will be soon. Anyone who thinks that Blizzard puts huge chunk of unique animations and customization options to something that'd be just a NPC race is delusional.

Sentinel

Arcane
Well they will be soon. Anyone who thinks that Blizzard puts huge chunk of unique animations and customization options to something that'd be just a NPC race is delusional.
Nope. They share the goblin skeleton, and plenty of other creatures got similar treatment in the past. And they got renamed to Voldunai recently, which is an NPC land in the upcoming expansion.
It'll probably get added as an allied race in the future but I don't see it coming when BfA hits or in 2019.

Edit: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2351275-PSA-All-Allied-Races-use-One-Skeleton

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Nope. They share the goblin skeleton, and plenty of other creatures got similar treatment in the past. And they got renamed to Voldunai recently, which is an NPC land in the upcoming expansion.
It'll probably get added as an allied race in the future but I don't see it coming when BfA hits or in 2019.

Edit: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2351275-PSA-All-Allied-Races-use-One-Skeleton

I don't see how the fuck does having shared skeleton have anything to do with what I said. They still have built unique animations for them. Like wtf are you even trying to say? You're just spouting out obvious shit and even then agree with me ultimately with your 'probably comes as allied race'.

And pray tell what other creatures got a lot of facial customization options in the past that didn't turn out to be a playable race. A hint, it starts with N and ends in one.

Sentinel

Arcane

I don't see how the fuck does having shared skeleton have anything to do with what I said. They still have built unique animations for them. Like wtf are you even trying to say? You're just spouting out obvious shit and even then agree with me ultimately with your 'probably comes as allied race'.

And pray tell what other creatures got a lot of facial customization options in the past that didn't turn out to be a playable race. A hint, it starts with N and ends in one.
I was referring to the unique animations comment with the "similar treatment" bit.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Broken Draenei when?

Akama01.jpg

BapMn9B.png

fShja.png

J1M

Arcane
They gave you light-forged instead. So probably after they've done 8 other choices.

Aildrik

Savant
So anyone playing the beta for BfA? Any comments on the lore, zones or gameplay? I cancelled my sub (been playing since Vanilla) and I think this is finally it for me. Sargeras is gone... many of the story arcs from WC 3 are wrapped up; I am just not really excited for the new 'hey lets get back to Horde vs. Alliance' crap. It made sense in Vanilla and even TBC but after having seen the two sides working more closely together the whole all out war thing seems forced and out of character.

Aildrik

Savant
Right, well.. I doubt we will see him for a while is what I mean. I suspect we could see him again in some sort of Illidan style redemption, teaming up with Azeroth to form a new pantheon and defend against the Void Lords or some such.

Sentinel

Arcane
From what I've seen of the general feedback is that the zones are excellent, very varied and incredibly pretty. OST is great as well, million times better than legion.
For lore, I don't think anyone cares at this point. Every expac brings with it its share of retarded retcons and "this important character wasnt' actually evil he was just corrupted lol". I don't think you should bother with the lore.
In terms of gameplay there are severe concerns with the azerite armor system atm because it's trying to merge some 3 systems into one and a lot of the classes don't seem to be gaining anything from it, instead some abilities are being taken away (like a lot of legendary abilities). Add to this the "everything's on the GDC now, including trinkets" change, and you have a massive shitstorm where warriors and other burst specs are going berserk on blizzard's ass because it takes 4 button presses to activate all the buffs which now is like 8 seconds of nothing but buffing up in the middle of a fight. There's supposed to be a Q&A pretty soon so they'll probably explain what is being done to address a lot of the massive shitstorm in the community atm.

As for my personal opinion, I don't think they'll manage to fix anything until the game launches, especially since it's such a short while away. I like the GDC change but this just reeks of pushing an expac out the door way too soon and I'm not gonna risk a pre-order. Probably gonna join in on 8.1 like I did with Legion.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I know what will happen, blizz will 'listen to the communities concerns' and fold all the buffing abilities into one button. Problem solved, right?

Generic-Giant-Spider

The only fun I had in Legion was Shadow Priest in the first couple months when you took the ISIS suicide talent to murder bosses and make every other DPS feel like a sack of shit.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
The only fun I had in Legion was Shadow Priest in the first couple months when you took the ISIS suicide talent to murder bosses and make every other DPS feel like a sack of shit.

Yeah, chilling with the tanks until 35%, lust is now used because you exist, climb to the top and you have a 30% lead over the next guy, all fall down, no? just me? worth it. Res me and say thank you bitches

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I like how adding Void Elves is a huge troll to the people clamouring for High Elves since vanilla. Didn't happen in BC and it's not happening in BFA, nerds. :troll:

Deleted member 7219

High Elves became the Blood Elves. Except for a handful who were in the Alliance cities like Stormwind. People who demand them as a playable race are ignorant of the lore.

I just resubbed and I'm gearing up in normal Legion dungeons until I can queue for heroics.

Delterius

Arcane
The ultimate troll to high elf fanboys would be to add blue eyes to Blood Elves since the Sunwell is now a fountain of Light magic and lorylorylore it cures their fel and shit. After all, so many of them just wanted to be Alliance belfs.

Deleted member 7219

So anyone playing the beta for BfA? Any comments on the lore, zones or gameplay? I cancelled my sub (been playing since Vanilla) and I think this is finally it for me. Sargeras is gone... many of the story arcs from WC 3 are wrapped up; I am just not really excited for the new 'hey lets get back to Horde vs. Alliance' crap. It made sense in Vanilla and even TBC but after having seen the two sides working more closely together the whole all out war thing seems forced and out of character.

Both sides have worked together but only through intermediaries. The exception being the friendship between Thrall and Jaina Proudmoore.

Of course that's why they had to make Thrall quit and go off and do shaman stuff because there was no chance of the Horde and Alliance going to war while he was in charge.

Since then, they've basically been at war although it hasn't been explicit. The Alliance being able to take the Undercity is a surprise, given Sylvanas' stockpile of plague, but I guess it had to be done to move things along.

The two biggest threats to Azeroth were the Legion and the Scourge and now both are dealt with. Makes sense that they go back to the Orcs vs Humans thing.

But my favourite expansion (other than WotLK) was MoP because it introduced a big new landmass, and lots of new races. I'd like to see another expansion like that - someone to the west of Kalimdor. A new empire who pose a threat to both Horde and Alliance. They'd have to explain what they were doing during the Legion invasions but Blizzard have a track record of being able to retcon all the difficult questions.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
High Elves became the Blood Elves. Except for a handful who were in the Alliance cities like Stormwind. People who demand them as a playable race are ignorant of the lore.

I just resubbed and I'm gearing up in normal Legion dungeons until I can queue for heroics.

But this is blatantly not true. There are High Elven towns/lodge houses all around the Old World, significant part of Theramore's population is/was high elves, there were high elves in various other towns like Booty Bay and Ratchet and entire High Elf faction Silver Covenant exists up in Northrend, significant enough to field it's own army.

If anything, they create far more larger part of the separate faction than Void Elves whom are just basically a small exiled 'cult' following one leader.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
All but military personnel was evacuated from there prior the bomb and then captured/taken as prisoners to Orgrimmar, only to be freed during the siege.

Edit: After quickly re-reading synopsis, all civilians and children were evacuated and those captured were surviving soldiers

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom