Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Unintended leak? Would explain the heavy-handed ability pruning...

MiBoZs1.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...p=&AID=10446076&PID=6154049&SID=1gvb1cnzq7khm

vlEtIpf.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Could be real, could be a mix up, who knows. All I do know is that squishing abilities is a good thing. Having a gorillion skills binded to different buttons is retarded, especially in PvP. It feels like I'm playing the Piano more than playing a game.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
lol how would you play wow with a controller? Even with the massive streamlining there's still too many buttanz

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Action wheels! I could see it. Seems like most classes are gravitating towards three or four combat abilities. Eight buttons on a controller.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Heh I'd pay to see, and blizzard would host xbox arena tournaments at blizzcon where it would look as if everyone was keyboard turning and clicking on skills

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Four colored buttons plus the two front bumpers would cover most every classes combat abilities plus jump. Triggers could be used for menus.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I haven't really checked how much pruning there is in WoD but any class I play/played have had far more active combat abilities to click than 4 just for basic rotation :p

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They should ditch the xp system and have people level up by mortal striking to the face.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Four colored buttons plus the two front bumpers would cover most every classes combat abilities plus jump. Triggers could be used for menus.
There's also start and select. Use those for menus, triggers as modifiers. 4 main buttons + 2 bumpers x 4 states (none, left trigger, right, both) would be 24 abilities. Totally doable. Throw in the d-pad as well and you can get up to ridiculous numbers, though it starts getting awkward to move while doing shit in that case, and it'd already be a pain to do things like control the camera or aim ranged AoE spells. You can also click in the analog sticks for 2 more buttons. Controllers have plenty of buttons to work with, and it's very easy to hit more than one at once. It's the lack of mouse movement that will suck.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah but the difference is that pressing ctrl + f6 with one hand is basically impossible, while pressing pretty much any two buttons on a gamepad at the same time is about as easy as hitting shift + z.

Also, you don't necessarily need them to be modifiers, you can make them cyclers instead, which also gives you basically unlimited hotkeys since there's no need to limit the number of pages of hotkeys to cycle through. Thats what I did when I played, since there's never any need for such pinpoint timing that you can't afford to cycle up or down to another page with the skill you need 1 second from now.

Caim

Arcane
Yeah but the difference is that pressing ctrl + f6 with one hand is basically impossible, while pressing pretty much any two buttons on a gamepad at the same time is about as easy as hitting shift + z.
Either I have massive coal shovels for hands, you have one of those old keyboards with room between the function keys and the rest of the kyes, or you have tiny baby mitts. Ctrl F6 is perfectly possible to do with one hand. A bit uncomfortable maybe, but still possible.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, you guys. "How would Blizzard make controls on console"

Remember how Activision had Guitar Hero?

Well, they're Blizzard's partner company.

Caim

Arcane
Oh, you guys. "How would Blizzard make controls on console"

Remember how Activision had Guitar Hero?

Well, they're Blizzard's partner company.
Plastic controllers in the shape of top tier weapons that have all the buttons on them. Buying them also gets you bonus items for in-game use.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I tried the free MoP trial and activated my old account. Started leveling a Troll Resto Druid and it was all well and good until I started doing the instances. Good fuck it's so dull. I liked what they had done to redesign some of the instances, like RFC, but everyone is so decked up in heirloom items that any challenge is made completely trivial. All rare items were passed on to me, I hardly had to heal anyone at all and we cleared every instance in 5-10 minutes. Felt like I was being boosted by a high level char in Diablo 2. Yeah maybe it's better at higher levels, but I'm not gonna suffer getting there. I hate heirloom items.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
It's not better at high levels and the end result would've been same even if everyone wore greens instead of heirlooms, that's how neutered dungeons are at the moment.

Good comparisation is that on vanilla with mix of MC/BWL gear you could do around 300-600 DPS depending on encounter. On live currently you can already do 1000-1500 DPS at level 50 and the level-up dungeons were never re-tuned to fit the change of numbers.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yep, leveling dungeons are easy mode now, only Pandaria content has some difficulty left.

Caim

Arcane
Back in Cata 4.3 I managed to solo most of the vanilla dungeons with a warrior in the low 70s. Is it still that bad or has it gotten worse?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Back in Cata 4.3 I managed to solo most of the vanilla dungeons with a warrior in the low 70s. Is it still that bad or has it gotten worse?

What? It's quite possible to solo most of the vanilla dungeons at the intended level. O.o

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom