Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Xenich

Cipher
Why is he so angry? I was just kidding a bit. I even agree with what he said. :(:(
Did I broke something?

Sorry Don, knee jerk reaction due to inattentive reading and a tad bit of the sauce. My apologies.

Angthoron

Arcane
Why is he so angry? I was just kidding a bit. I even agree with what he said. :(:(
Did I broke something?

Sorry Don, knee jerk reaction due to inattentive reading and a tad bit of the sauce. My apologies.
Btw, saw your rage regarding the levelling content. Yeah, agreed. WoW really hit the gutter with Cataclysm, and now, you're actually playing through NERFED cataclysm (or well, character skill/stat rescaling is vastly in your favour). I can't fucking envy you.

It picks up in MoP and the WoD seems to be decent so far, or well, maybe it isn't but I can't see because "DDoS", but Cata is decidedly shit with most of what it brought - fucked up talent trees, world remakes, phasing, old dungeon fuckery and god knows what else.

Xenich

Cipher
Did I broke something?

Btw, saw your rage regarding the levelling content. Yeah, agreed. WoW really hit the gutter with Cataclysm, and now, you're actually playing through NERFED cataclysm (or well, character skill/stat rescaling is vastly in your favour). I can't fucking envy you.

It picks up in MoP and the WoD seems to be decent so far, or well, maybe it isn't but I can't see because "DDoS", but Cata is decidedly shit with most of what it brought - fucked up talent trees, world remakes, phasing, old dungeon fuckery and god knows what else.

Well, the only thing keeping us going is that if we hit the dungeons at the right levels, we can get some "challenge" out of them, but what saddens me is the fact that all of the old tricks in doing hard dungeons (CC and clever pulling/use of skills) is very limited. Its like they wanted everything to be a key smashing fest.

Keep in mind, that my friend and I came back to WoW because we had exhausted everything else and pretty much had quit MMO gaming. Every game that had any sort of worth has been killed (Vanguard) or made modern (EQ, EQ2, WoW, DDO, etc...). We didn't expect much, but seriously, WoW on the simple aspects of very basic features (outside of technological ones) has degraded so far that... well... it is sad. I know once my friend and I finish our "tour" of the game, it will be the last time we even consider it again.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That reminds me of the end of Wargames!

Anyway, yeah, tons of issues in beta that people brought up and were largely ignored. There was hardly any Blizzard presence on the beta forums except responses to massively gamebreaking bugs (like Ashran exploits allowing people to have fifty billion health). It's like that in all of their games. I'm in the HoTS Alpha and can count on one hand the number of substantive developer posts there have been in the past 6+ months.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Decline or not, it would be nice to be able to play the damn thing D: I actually could play during the launch day and now it's gone to shit. Barely did any garrisons content.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Buddy of mine is playing just fine on US servers. No idea what's up with Europe.

Xenich

Cipher
That reminds me of the end of Wargames!

Anyway, yeah, tons of issues in beta that people brought up and were largely ignored. There was hardly any Blizzard presence on the beta forums except responses to massively gamebreaking bugs (like Ashran exploits allowing people to have fifty billion health). It's like that in all of their games. I'm in the HoTS Alpha and can count on one hand the number of substantive developer posts there have been in the past 6+ months.

Those who were interested in the game left a few weeks before release of WoW. When Vivendi bought blizzard, it was downhill spiral of serving corporate games rather than attending to the games they were developing. All the talent left at that time. They have been riding the design documents and world engine since the beginning. They hire on novices to continue the work with the world builder. It is why it takes them 2-3 years per expansion per release. The idiots are too cheap to bring in real talent and the game has been operating primarily lacking talent for years. It is why each development decision is based on that of a marketing report... Seriously, these guys are on autopilot. Do you honestly think that a company in the business this long could be such fuck-ups each release? LoL... Don't be fucking morons. Wake up!

Xenich

Cipher
Buddy of mine is playing just fine on US servers. No idea what's up with Europe.

Been trying to log in during this, no go.. same "No Character Found" error. I am on the US servers /SHRUG

Xenich

Cipher
A new slogan for WoW....

YOUR CHARACTER....!!!!!

IS!!!!

NOT FOUND!!!!

/queue eerie sound and cool animations...

Caim

Arcane
More like "Server is full, you are #1948 in the queue. Thank you for giving your money to Activision-Blizzard".

Xenich

Cipher
As long as you feed the stray cat, it will continue to show up to your door.

Seriously.... Don't be a fuck tard, be humane, let the fucking starving animal die. Stop feeding it you fucking twits!!!!!

Xenich

Cipher
Think about it folks, Sony (or rather Verant at the time) during the age of infancy to MMORPGs were putting out large expansions to their games every 6 months and they did it with a an engine that didn't have the function and ability that the WoW world builder did. Not only did they provide new innovations of the current engine, but they provided a large amount of content to boost. What did WoW provide after its 2+ years of "development"? It gave you a small world, with lacking concepts, and gimmick features. Hollywood took over, they knew the game, understood the idiocy of the "Cow Crowd" and marketed on it the same way they did the music industry. MOOOOOOO..... You all herded in like meat and they collected dollars off you. So far, there is enough meat to keep the machine rolling. When you look on the forums, you see lots of MOOOOOOing going on, like cows all getting upset about the fact that they are being fed late.

It really is amusing and no surprise. history shows us how easy it is to manipulate the people, to mislead them and then kick them into a ditch with the masses to be exterminated. Seriously, it really is sad how pathetic people are.

Xenich

Cipher
Interesting note:

Upon my runs through the game, I noticed that while doing the dungeons solo at the high end of them, it feels like WoW did while doing the outside world quests before all of the "dumbing down" changes. There is some appeal to that I guess. /shrug

Caim

Arcane
Think about it folks, Sony (or rather Verant at the time) during the age of infancy to MMORPGs were putting out large expansions to their games every 6 months and they did it with a an engine that didn't have the function and ability that the WoW world builder did. Not only did they provide new innovations of the current engine, but they provided a large amount of content to boost. What did WoW provide after its 2+ years of "development"? It gave you a small world, with lacking concepts, and gimmick features. Hollywood took over, they knew the game, understood the idiocy of the "Cow Crowd" and marketed on it the same way they did the music industry. MOOOOOOO..... You all herded in like meat and they collected dollars off you. So far, there is enough meat to keep the machine rolling. When you look on the forums, you see lots of MOOOOOOing going on, like cows all getting upset about the fact that they are being fed late.

It really is amusing and no surprise. history shows us how easy it is to manipulate the people, to mislead them and then kick them into a ditch with the masses to be exterminated. Seriously, it really is sad how pathetic people are.
It's easier to develop stuff for a simple engine and simple assets, that's why. Even for a game that's nearly a decade old, developing an expansion is quite a bit of work.

Avellion

Erudite
I would say the game is incline compared to Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria based on my experience thus far, not so sure about how it compares to WotLK, TBC or vanilla just yet. And seriously? The ridiculous rate at which EverQuest put out expansions is part of the reason why the game met such decline in quality, a decline which was a huge part in why WoW could sweep the entire market with such ease. Am I happy with the overall ammount of content in expansions? Yes, and no. Yes on the fact that it still has more content than most AAA releases, no in that I think they could have done a bit more after such a long period of nothing.

Still better than the what the TORtanic and Guildenberg 2 offered in the past 2 years, though.

Where on the edge-o-meter would Xenich fit in?

tumblr_mv0ibeglwt1s8pkdbo1_1280.png

Xenich

Cipher

It's easier to develop stuff for a simple engine and simple assets, that's why. Even for a game that's nearly a decade old, developing an expansion is quite a bit of work.

Sure, it is work, but to think that a group of 10-15 people (or more) can't create a large environment of content with all of the assets (ie an already developed world engine and development kit) needed in a 6 month interval, well... I don't agree. I think the problem these days is with the fact that most of the developers are witless hacks who could't program their way out of a closet with detailed road maps as their guide (see Cleve's rants for further details).

Xenich

Cipher

Been trying to log in during this, no go.. same "No Character Found" error. I am on the US servers /SHRUG
Wait, I thought the game was shit, why are you playing?!?!

Wait, did you read my responses? Try keeping up fucktard! Are you sure you aren't a WoW player? Your ability to discern the context of simple text seems to suggest you are a Wowtard?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Not counting the server issues, and not counting raid content (which of course can make or break an expansion) -- this is the best WoW has ever been.
I watched the Highmaul raid at Blizzcon and it looks really promising though.

Xenich

Cipher
I would say the game is incline compared to Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria based on my experience thus far, not so sure about how it compares to WotLK, TBC or vanilla just yet. And seriously? The ridiculous rate at which EverQuest put out expansions is part of the reason why the game met such decline in quality, a decline which was a huge part in why WoW could sweep the entire market with such ease. Am I happy with the overall ammount of content in expansions? Yes, and no. Yes on the fact that it still has more content than most AAA releases, no in that I think they could have done a bit more after such a long period of nothing.

Still better than the what the TORtanic and Guildenberg 2 offered in the past 2 years, though.

Where on the edge-o-meter would Xenich fit in?

tumblr_mv0ibeglwt1s8pkdbo1_1280.png

When I played EQ, It was called casual, but then I was working 80 hours a week in applications development job and leading raids into Velious end mobs. When I got to WoW, I led some raids, but was rather disgusted of how fucking pathetic the people were. I did lead a pickup guild to max content at the time, but well... WoW went downhill very quickly. It is hard to have respect for a bunch of button spammers who can't seem to follow orders when an event is as force fed and mechanical as WoW's. You go ahead though and put me on your neat little list though kid. /pat

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MoP was huge incline over Cataclysm which was worst expansion ever released and so far WoD, aside from launch related issues and few derpery things seems to be better than MoP so I'm hopeful.

Xenich

Cipher
MoP was huge incline over Cataclysm which was worst expansion ever released and so far WoD, aside from launch related issues and few derpery things seems to be better than MoP so I'm hopeful.

Well, Cata was nothing more than an attempt to pass off minimal content with excessive grinds. From what I heard about MoP, it was an attempt at trying to appeal to the "casual" crowd, so... well... there is nowhere to go but up from there I guess. /shrug

I am not sure my friend and I will be able to stand the game long enough to get past Cata and in order for me to pay 50 bucks for the expansion, I would have to be extremely excited at that point. I just don't see that happening.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Wait, I thought the game was shit, why are you playing?!?!

Wait, did you read my responses? Try keeping up fucktard! Are you sure you aren't a WoW player? Your ability to discern the context of simple text seems to suggest you are a Wowtard?
:kingcomrade:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom