Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Avellion

Erudite
whats the garrisons or w/e like and how they figure into endgame?
Imagine if FarmVille and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood both got drunk one night, and spent said night together. Garrisons would be the result of said encounter.

They come into endgame because the legendary ring requires a keep and they can be used to craft consumables for you.

Angthoron

Arcane
Imagine if FarmVille and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood both got drunk one night, and spent said night together. Garrisons would be the result of said encounter.

They come into endgame because the legendary ring requires a keep and they can be used to craft consumables for you.
Not quite only that. Missions and dwarven bunker can be a source of "extra roll" tokens, and there's some other stuff as well, like providing the mats, yep, or (wohoo) having your own personal enchanter station without having the actual skill. Plus dungeon/apexis dailies. Dungeon dailies can be sweeeeet, those that played a bit of MoP might remember Shard of Madness (an endless flask item basically) - now you get a similar item from a quest. 200 of all stats for an hour, on a 15 minute CD? Don't mind, don't mind at all. Doesn't persist through death though.

But yeah, otherwise it's a mix of Farmville and that Assassin's Creed Something feature. It's quite addicting for a while, though, since it does translate into ingame benefits (got a nice trinket from a mission, for example).

By the way, a good idea to get the best out of the garrison (mainly resource missions, of course) is to have most of your followers at L100, but then one at 91, one at 94 and one at 96, so you get metric fucktons of missions spawning for you all the time. This translates into a much higher chance of getting garrison resource missions, and if you have a few Scavenger trait dudes, you'll be swimming in infinite resource pretty damn soon.

Avellion

Erudite
200 of all stats for an hour, on a 15 minute CD? Don't mind, don't mind at all. Doesn't persist through death though.

They struck it with a nerf stick and now it only adds 100 to each stat for an hour. They havent updated the tooltip though.

Angthoron

Arcane
200 of all stats for an hour, on a 15 minute CD? Don't mind, don't mind at all. Doesn't persist through death though.

They struck it with a nerf stick and now it only adds 100 to each stat for an hour. They havent updated the tooltip though.
Oh? That's fucking lame. There's no way it will replace proper flasks, even if you'd slap on 500 stat on it, because wipes and persisting through death. Might as well make the effect be "persist through death" then.

Israfael

Arcane
That depends what you mean. Some missions can award 645 gear (if your follower(s) are geared high enough), there's also a chance to get a 645 piece from Inn quests at lv3, and obviously profession buildings boost the daily production of hexweave cloth / ingots / taladite crystals by 6-10 (so you can basically do double the amount of the mats). But the question if that's necessary to excel in raids has no definite answer now — Blizzard claimed raids are (comfortably) tuned around normal (for flex) and heroic (for old normals / new "hc") dungeon gear, but it may be different in reality.

Israfael

Arcane
Oh? That's fucking lame. There's no way it will replace proper flasks, even if you'd slap on 500 stat on it, because wipes and persisting through death. Might as well make the effect be "persist through death" then.
It is the same as the crystal of insanity from MOP now, nothing really outrageous. In any case, 200 stat flasks are easy to come by (just 4 herbs), so it's even more accessible to craft them now than ever.

TedNugent

Arcane
Certain challenge modes (UBRS) are major buttfuck right now.

Each trash pull should involve CC. Mechanics are do or die. Tank damage is high. DPS reqs are actually quite low in challenge modes. Enough to where a DPS can die halfway through and you can still kill the boss.

Gear scales to 630. It appears to be appropriately tuned for 630 except for the DPS requirements on bosses being a bit low.

Heroics were difficult at 610 which was the gating for queue, but they are now faceroll at 630+. There's not much questing content, I would say around half to a third of what was in MoP. Most of your time right now is going to be spent farming heroics or running your stupid garrison. BTW garrisons mean all professions can make potions and enchants.

TedNugent

Arcane
It is the same as the crystal of insanity from MOP now, nothing really outrageous. In any case, 200 stat flasks are easy to come by (just 4 herbs), so it's even more accessible to craft them now than ever.
Flasks cost around 11 gold on the Auction House right now.

They also nerfed the new Crystal. It says 200 to all stats but it's actually half that, 100 to all stats, they just didn't update the tooltip yet. Also, the 250 to stat flasks are what you're actually going to want for anything serious. 100 strength on a 15 minute cooldown versus 250 strength that persists through death. Basically the new crystal is good for soloing.

Also, I'm fucking mad because Blackhand oneshots Doomhammer in this expansion pack, but this was Doomhammer in canon:
Doomhammer_Presents_the_Head_of_Blackhand.jpg

Metzen, you cunt, fix it.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just did UBRS CM today. Holy fuck that instance was exactly what sort of 5 man end game content I want for gear progression. I'm glad they added the box with 640 item for finishing so it remains worthwhile for a while.

There was only 3 issues with it. First boss electric things weren't indicative enough of their range, first boss's pushback/slowball in the lightning rod run wasn't visible enough and last boss hitbox was too small. Aside from that, perfect for a REAL end game small group content.

abija

Prophet
It's not exactly range issue with the circles but lag, you want to run close to one going ahead of you not the one behind. Common issue with that type of mechanic.

TedNugent

Arcane
They nerfed the fuck out of UBRS in the last two days.

First Warlord Zaela's knockback was removed. Then they reduced the number of protodrakes from 3 to 2. They also removed the add phase at 20% on Tharbek, in my opinion the most challenging part of the encounter.

And still our healer managed to stand in the flames on Zaela and was hardcasting for at least 4 seconds. On the 15th attempt.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They nerfed the fuck out of UBRS in the last two days.

First Warlord Zaela's knockback was removed. Then they reduced the number of protodrakes from 3 to 2. They also removed the add phase at 20% on Tharbek, in my opinion the most challenging part of the encounter.

And still our healer managed to stand in the flames on Zaela and was hardcasting for at least 4 seconds. On the 15th attempt.

It is good to see that Blizzard haven't changed, or the bad players without a a clue...

Avellion

Erudite
Blizzard havent changed indeed

7JO8JJ428TSP1416506455521.jpg

H1UPO2S7RKWA1416506455536.jpg

DAYE1RXLJZEN1416506455652.jpg

ESZ7PU2NER6V1416506455714.jpg

CKDS0ODIDQRT1416506455941.jpg

NJRW2273TRIJ1416506456131.jpg

P7U3DWHF7GKY1416506456187.jpg

B1GYTNMT9UVA1416506456289.jpg

41AATY1PHE891416506456416.jpg

X62WF6RDLC021416506456492.jpg

L4XVE4K4Y76F1416506456607.jpg

Once again the new armor sets are the same overdesigned trash. I think it speaks volumes that the best sets in the expansion are from the War Mill/Dwarven Bunker.

Avellion

Erudite
Speaking of which, did you guys see the new BELF models?

Not as bad as humans, and male BELFs finally got nipples.

W6YOMOD5ZXZN1416903173916.jpg

EF0BDI3G78CD1416903176696.jpg

Of the new ones it is probably one of the best/least disgraceful. Still, I find that the female belf's faces are rather horselike and emotionless.

Not that anyone here plays a belf anyway... I hope.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The butt sure got upgraded. And now they look less anorectic and more toned.

Xenich

Cipher
I hit level 100 now, and despite the skill squish, I still find myself using plenty of skills including but not limited to... Jab, Keg Smash, Kick, Roll, Breath of Fire, Guard, Purifying Brew, Chi Wave, Transcendence, Expel Harm, Black Ox Statue, Blackout Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, Paralysis, Xuen, Charging Ox Wave, Zen Meditation and Dampen Harm. Not necessarily in that order.

The skills that were removed were pretty meh anyways and for most of the part, no big loss.

Overall, I would say that tanking as a monk is rather :thumbsup:, and a massive :incline: compared to the tanking I am used to. Screw the haters and whiners on forums complaining that it is too hard.

Well, when I think of complex tanking, I think of LoTRO Guardian, Warden, Champion (before they tried to emulate WoW). I think that was the best tanking tools game I have ever seen, aside from some interesting implementations in RIFT when I played.

Avellion

Erudite
I hit level 100 now, and despite the skill squish, I still find myself using plenty of skills including but not limited to... Jab, Keg Smash, Kick, Roll, Breath of Fire, Guard, Purifying Brew, Chi Wave, Transcendence, Expel Harm, Black Ox Statue, Blackout Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, Paralysis, Xuen, Charging Ox Wave, Zen Meditation and Dampen Harm. Not necessarily in that order.

The skills that were removed were pretty meh anyways and for most of the part, no big loss.

Overall, I would say that tanking as a monk is rather :thumbsup:, and a massive :incline: compared to the tanking I am used to. Screw the haters and whiners on forums complaining that it is too hard.

Well, when I think of complex tanking, I think of LoTRO Guardian, Warden, Champion (before they tried to emulate WoW). I think that was the best tanking tools game I have ever seen, aside from some interesting implementations in RIFT when I played.
It is not so much that it is complex, as much as it is the active tanking style that makes it so good.

That said, I fear they made a mistake in the recent buffs the spec got. Instead of addressing the real issues the spec had such as chi issues, forcing everyone to go with Serenity. Blizzard instead opted to double the amount from guard (which is fine) and increased the ammount of stagger by 10%, essentially turning mastery into a god stat. Now, thanks to stagger alone, I only take 40% of any given hit, and mastery also scales much better than armor.

Edit: Chi Explosion has some usage in challenge mode. But overall, it is still outclassed by Serenity.

J1M

Arcane
Friend and I, after a long break decided to "try" the game again to see how things are. We decided to start over again and experience the content. The lack of quest content is disturbing. All those large maps and essentially little to no quest content in them. What used to take hours to complete an area, now takes minutes. The quests seem to be designed and written by someone with ADD. A few of the quests leave you scratching your head as the quest tracker points to the wrong location, but quest text has no real information to work from (because apparently the quest markers are supposed to take care of it) and so you end up dumbly wandering around till you complete it.

The difficulty of the game is a joke. You can't die solo, it is retarded. Now we did die some in Deadmines, but we started duoing it at 15 and I noticed that the design of the dungeons is essentially "groups" where everyone AoE's things down as CC is pointless, no strategy, no thought, just have the DPS/HPS to win quickly. I watched in dismay doing some quests as elite mobs were mowed over as if they were some wilderness animal which created problems for people to actually use the elite mob for its intended quest goal. This left people running around in circles waiting for it to respawn again so they could capture it only to have some random passerby speed roll it on the way to another quest.

Leveling speed seems to destroy any sense of accomplishment. Each level comes so fast, that there is no joy in the "ding" sound as it is just a common monotonous occurrence in the background.

The development system... I mean... I am in shock. It is like they modeled it after some preschool toys. It looks more like an action/arcade Super Mario Brothers system than anything resembling its former self. You are pigeon holed into focuses, no freedom to experiment and no real depth. Just click door number 1, 2, 3 and you too can be like everyone else!

Combat is even faster than it was when we left (which is saying a lot). Fights end so quickly that it really doesn't matter what your class is and what spells/skills you are using, it is all the same... just smash, boom, loot and off to the next. It is hilarious because any attempt they have made to give mobs various abilities and functions are completely pointless. Mob has heal, but it dies 9/10 times before it can even heal. Nothing matters, nothing has meaning or purpose.

You would think the game would have failed a long time ago due to this, but apparently those feeding the beast can't seem to connect the dots as to why they are miserable. In general chat, you hear people complaining about how they are bored, how they have all of their server slots maxed with capped characters all the while others offering suggestions to alleviate such boredom by starting on a new server to cap out all the slots there.

I am completely surprised as I didn't think this game could streamline much more than it already had when I left. It seriously is just an action game with power ups now.

What is amazing is that I have read some people commenting on this in the WoW forums to which they are attacked in swarms by zombies who appear to attack anything that does not worship at the feet of the game. I honestly don't think the people playing the game today could even survive in vanilla WoW. I think they would be swarming the forums complaining about how the game was too hard, too much effort, and took too much time out of their apparently "extremely" busy lives.
So you intentionally sought out 10-year old content that you don't enjoy that has been intentionally sped up half a dozen times because the developers recognize that it is a speed bump to the real gameplay at max level... and they are the retarded ones?

Xenich

Cipher
So you intentionally sought out 10-year old content that you don't enjoy that has been intentionally sped up half a dozen times because the developers recognize that it is a speed bump to the real gameplay at max level... and they are the retarded ones?

I tried my max level characters and started doing some of MoP. Well... nothing changed, same retarded content design, same easy mode play and a character development system that is designed for those who love to roll their face over the keyboard and win. The same core aspects of play that destroyed the game existed. Nothing will change with the latest release (I have read and youtubed the features), I have been there... done that and your rose tinted glasses aren't going to suddenly make this game change that it is the epitome of MMO decline.

No need to act all WoWtard and go on the attack though, I mean, you are acting like a little piss-ant groupie who feels that any dislike for their game is an affront to them. You like it, fine... great... so does million of other people with ADD. /shrug

J1M

Arcane

I tried my max level characters and started doing some of MoP. Well... nothing changed, same retarded content design, same easy mode play and a character development system that is designed for those who love to roll their face over the keyboard and win. The same core aspects of play that destroyed the game existed. Nothing will change with the latest release (I have read and youtubed the features), I have been there... done that and your rose tinted glasses aren't going to suddenly make this game change that it is the epitome of MMO decline.

No need to act all WoWtard and go on the attack though, I mean, you are acting like a little piss-ant groupie who feels that any dislike for their game is an affront to them. You like it, fine... great... so does million of other people with ADD. /shrug
:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom