Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Deleted member 7219

Follower system in the garrison is addictive. It is like the assassin system first featured in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but that has actual gameplay results in that you can call upon the assassins in normal gameplay. There's none of that in WoW, they just give you gold and stuff. Would be cool if you could do some kind of special dungeon or raid with them, and how useful they are depends on their rarity and gear. But that's expecting a level of reactivity which has never existed in WoW.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Yeah, garrison is fun and addictive. Gets a bit overwhelming when you have 6-7 active alts with a garrison each tho ... shame you cant automate the mine and herb collecting tho

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Facebook game. Used muh 10 day trial. Got to level 91 minus 1 xp in about two hours. Log on to my piddly level one garrison, do a few missions, log off. It's just like being subscribed for real! There will be a F2P version of WoW within a year or two.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
So, played for about a month. Got tired of leveling quickly. Got tired of dungeoneering. Garrison missions kept me going for a while but when you realise you spend around 15 mins per char JUST for garrison stuff each day, AND when you have 5-6 chars going, thats a lot of time invested just for the daily grind. No thank you. Unsubbed. Was good for what it is tho - no regrets.:whatho:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/01/patch-6-1-for-world-of-warcraft-lets-players-take-selfies/

what makes Patch 6.1 interesting, or rather novel, is that Blizzard will be introducing a selfie camera to the game. Yes, you read that right, and no it is not one of Blizzard’s April Fools jokes, this is the real deal. The selfie camera is basically an item that will let you snap selfies in the game. To obtain it, gamers will need to complete a Follower Mission which is about 4 hours long and costs 20 Garrison Resources.​

Caim

Arcane
What is this, GTA V??!?
I hope so.

funny-gta-screenshot-pulp-fiction.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh the patch is also adding Twitter integration so you can tweet your 'Elfies.'

I came back to WoW for WoD after quitting early in Cataclysm.

What in God's name happened to reputation? Was championing a faction in dungeons too reasonable, economic, and fun, so we have to kill literally thousands of annoying, tightly packed mobs?

I don't mind that that exists.

What I do mind, is that Blizzard, who are really stingy about content, created a not insignificant amount of custom code and animations for something that's basically a novelty that's amusing once at best.

In other words, the selfie shit cost us a raid tier.

Well the hell do you expect from blizzard in 2015? This horse is so dead even activision can't be bothered to rape it anymore. Everyone relevant left this ship long time ago, only people roaming the halls nowadays are underpaid interns and a ghost of Leonard Boyarsky.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I came back to WoW for WoD after quitting early in Cataclysm.

What in God's name happened to reputation? Was championing a faction in dungeons too reasonable, economic, and fun, so we have to kill literally thousands of annoying, tightly packed mobs?

Championing dungeons with tabards was about as stupid as it could get with reputation.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Isn't this how you did reputation in vanilla? I thought you hardcore oldtimers would be happy that Blizzard reintroduced all these features that made vanilla so superior to the popamole decline that the game has become :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom