Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Xenich

Cipher
/facepalm

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
DUKMRUTRHLU31425064919799.jpg

1. Hopefully this will put a gold seller or two out of business.
2. Finally my friend who goes to college will be able to afford his textbooks.

I'm always amazed by how Blizz "borrow" features from other games. This has nearly exact same wording as Wild Star's.

Revenant

Should have said selfies in the latest update. The biggest feature of the latest patch.

Revenant

No kidding. About time this game went F2P. To be fair, I actually rejoiced the new "veteran" edition, which now after 6.1 supposedly allows accounts without subscription to play under the same restrictions as starter accounts (level 20 cap) except your characters can join guilds you have a character in. Makes an excellent way to RP, but now this game-time-for-gold will render it redundant.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Heard that, Metro? You will be able to play the game again.
Meh. Anyway, seems pointless since it looks like you have to have an active subscription to actually buy these things. Moreover, I'm sure it'll be a ludicrous amount of gold like 500,000 or something.

J1M

Arcane
Now it will be possible to calculate in terms of gold how much it costs per day to rent your garrison.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Apparently you can buy the tokens with an inactive account. Okay, now they just have to sell the expansions for tokens!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But can you buy tokens with Hearthstone gold? :3
The next step is obviously to consolidate all their game economies into BlizzBucks.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Nostalrius Begins has launched. I am hooked. It's currently a mix of 1.4 items and quests with 1.12 talents. The team will roll out content just like Blizz did back in the day. Server peak population is over 6k, and even at awful hours it has between 1k and 2k players. Sure, there are bugs but it's already better than Feenix.

So if you're craving for that old crack of vanilla WoW in all it's majesty and awfulness, feel free to join me:
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=638

PS. it's run by Frogs, so all of us EU sodomites have very good connection - my ping is usually around 30 ms.

catfood

AGAIN
Nostalrius Begins has launched. I am hooked. It's currently a mix of 1.4 items and quests with 1.12 talents. The team will roll out content just like Blizz did back in the day. Server peak population is over 6k, and even at awful hours it has between 1k and 2k players. Sure, there are bugs but it's already better than Feenix.

So if you're craving for that old crack of vanilla WoW in all it's majesty and awfulness, feel free to join me:

PS. it's run by Frogs, so all of us EU sodomites have very good connection - my ping is usually around 30 ms.
I might be interested in joining, but I need to know in what way is this better than Feenix? I already have a few characters there and I need to know if abandoning them is worth it.

Zeriel

Arcane

All the custom servers for every MMO ever are always based in non-US locales for obvious legal reasons, but it makes it a pain to justify as a cheeseburger-snorting simpleton.

Eh, I'd be much more interested in a Codexian (The Burning) Crusade. And even then WoW was kinda lacking - I still remember the horrors of my Warlock 0/21/40 single button spam rotation.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Aw, and I just nuked my WoW vanilla/bc folders too. :(
Not sure I can be assed to re-torrent and dig up all the UI mods I wanted one more time.

WOW is fun only if you're part of a great guild, run raids and have some time for that. I was part of a great guild of friends during WOTLC and had a lot of fun with Ulduar and ICC HM. But then it disbanded. I still buy the expansions but can't get to enjoy them. In Cataclysm, I still did most of the raids by being in pick-up, most of them HM. In Pandaria, I did get to level 90 but didn't even get to do all the raids, even in raid finder. In Draenor, I'm still lvl 96 and can't even get myself to reach 100, though I bought the expansion by pre-order.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lucky for us you are the center of the WoW universe and all enjoyment of that game is dictated by your statement. Cool story bro. <yawn>

Lucky for us you are the center of the WoW universe and all enjoyment of that game is dictated by your statement. Cool story bro. <yawn>
That's why I was saying that it's certainly still a great game if you're in a close-knit guild of friends and raiding HM.
But when you do not anymore, the game becomes absolutely tedious: I just don't understand why you have to grind till 100 through tedious chores and assignments.
They should focus all of their teams on raids and let everyone go straight to 100.

I can't even get my main to reach 100, I can't imagine people having great fun grinding the same quests three times on their alts, let's cut straight to the raids.

All the solo quests are absolutely tedious, just a waste of time and a gigantic bore.

Although it still has some kind of Blizzard touch: no bugs and a decent art direction. But the grind is so fucking boring, what the point? I just want to raid and argue through Teamspeak 3 with the officers or the raid leader.
I don't give a damn about collecting 12 pineapples, that's fucking work.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that repetitive questing in WoW is old and got old a long time ago.
That, and Bots in BGs, were the main reasons I unsubbed 2 accounts.
I am disagreeing that there is only one way to enjoy WoW. Battlegrounds have become more enjoyable as Blizzard managed to address botting and Bots have become almost non-existent. Blizzard also addressed the gear upgrading tedium by introducing upgradeable gear and heirlooms for gold, and the pay for 90 scheme...

So much has improved.

I have not upgraded to WoD as I am enjoying trouble free, fast Pandarian content atm.

If someone "just" wanted to raid then I don't know if WoW could ever be a good game for time investment. Too much micro-managing must be done to prepare and tweek. etc. etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom