Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Norfleet

Nah, I'm fine with that. This is kind of a silly argument anyway.

Norfleet

How do you 'win' WoW, anyway?
Easy: Get shedloads of gold, more shedloads than everyone else, and then more shedloads than everyone else put together. To take all of their money. "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.". In short: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women. The wisdom of my great-to-the-umpteeth-grandfather. Same way you win anything: By having what is best in life!

Angthoron

Arcane
You can also buy a lot of booty in Goldshire and/or Belftown. That's a real win, since you know all those females are played by real women.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You can also buy a lot of booty in Goldshire and/or Belftown. That's a real win, since you know all those females are played by real women.

And the wares are most exquisite

lYyi4l1.jpg

:troll:

Xenich

Cipher
How do you 'win' WoW, anyway?
Easy: Get shedloads of gold, more shedloads than everyone else, and then more shedloads than everyone else put together. To take all of their money. "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.". In short: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women. The wisdom of my great-to-the-umpteeth-grandfather. Same way you win anything: By having what is best in life!

How are you crushing people if they aren't bothering to take part in the AH? What if the people and the guild they are in look at the AH as a waste of time and spend all of their time conquering the content rather than stacking widgets? Have you crushed someone who has obtained all the things they wished to obtain and completed all the content they wished to complete without ever even knowing you existed?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
where is mankirks wife
Hoping she's a hero in HoTS.

Anyway, price of the token is plummeting. Around 20k now. I bought one just for laughs. Logged on and played about an hour and realized why I don't play WoW anymore.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
where is mankirks wife

Anyway, price of the token is plummeting. Around 20k now. I bought one just for laughs. Logged on and played about an hour and realized why I don't play WoW anymore.
uh
how did you buy it?
how did you access your character and AH?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
where is mankirks wife
Barrens was so retarded but I'm kinda glad I got to experience that.
same here
i miss vanilla
it was shit, but it was also great fun
Best summary of the game I have read so far.

it was awful having to spend literally hours trying to come up with a raid group AND THEN having to go to the dungeon entry, and it was awful not having a mount for 40 levels and having to WALK everywhere, etc etc, but it also added to the experience imo, achieving anything was more satisfying.

and in battlegrounds, three-shotting clothiers with a rogue was oh so much fun

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
where is mankirks wife

uh
how did you buy it?
You don't have to have an active account. All accounts are now 'starter' accounts, you just can't access your level 21+ characters. When you log in there's a big pop up in the middle of the screen asking you if you want to buy game time for X gold. It shows you your total gold and takes it evenly from your characters. Logs you out then you can log back in and enjoy the tedium.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
where is mankirks wife

uh
how did you buy it?
You don't have to have an active account. All accounts are now 'starter' accounts, you just can't access your level 21+ characters. When you log in there's a big pop up in the middle of the screen asking you if you want to buy game time for X gold. It shows you your total gold and takes it evenly from your characters. Logs you out then you can log back in and enjoy the tedium.
uh when I log in I can't even see my characters
have I been fucked over by some chinese keylogger or are they just hidden until I activate the account again?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
where is mankirks wife

uh
how did you buy it?
uh when I log in I can't even see my characters
have I been fucked over by some chinese keylogger or are they just hidden until I activate the account again?
nevermind, I had the wrong account selected

I did not get the splash screen you speak of, however. maybe it's not activated in EU yet.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I know it didn't go live the same day in Europe but I don't know whether or not it's started yet. Probably not. US has gone back up to around 25k gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom