Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just wait until they give out WoD for free in about six or so months then give it a try.

Anyway, they released the 6.2 patch notes as it's coming on the PTR soon. Looks like the last raid tier since it has Archimonde.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doesn't look bad on first glimpse. New content is good and the adventure guide might prove as something worthy for non-raiders like me.

"An evolution of the Dungeon Journal, the Adventure Guide provides a wealth of information on what to see or do for the character."

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm mostly interested in the premise of of the mythic dungeons. This game has sorely lacked any sort of interesting 5 man content since.. Early Cata.

Though their handling of monks is just hilarious

Patch 6.0 - buff overall damage by 30%
Patch 6.08 - AoE/cleave damage too strong, nerf single target damage by 30%
Patch 6.1 - Damage is shit because of misguided nerf, buff 30% without fixing issue with the too strong AoE/Cleave
Patch 6.2 - Nerf every single ability by 30% and increase TeB boost a bit, making worst possible monk mechanic even more relevant, overall 20% nerf to all damage

It's just wtf

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah Mythic/weekly lockout dungeons is something that should have been implemented ages ago. The rest looks okay but overall this expansion was lean on content. Not a big surprise.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Private server drama:
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7089

Basically, a Horde warlock used a bug with Eye of Kilrogg to kill level 1 nelfs in the Teldrassil starting area. He was caught and a GM told him he'll receive a 3-day ban for bug exploiting. At which point the warlock says he's a girl and has Skype - wut. "Don't ban me, I'll show you my tits", I guess? Of course, then she races to the forums and makes a post lying about the whole thing and tries to use the victim card. Hilarity ensues.

Angthoron

Arcane
Private server drama:
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7089

Basically, a Horde warlock used a bug with Eye of Kilrogg to kill level 1 nelfs in the Teldrassil starting area. He was caught and a GM told him he'll receive a 3-day ban for bug exploiting. At which point the warlock says he's a girl and has Skype - wut. "Don't ban me, I'll show you my tits", I guess? Of course, then she races to the forums and makes a post lying about the whole thing and tries to use the victim card. Hilarity ensues.
That's a pretty short drama.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Why did you think anyone here would care?
You cared enough to reply, thanks bro!

That's a pretty short drama.
True but notable for the crazy "i'm a girl IRL wanna skype me"-thing. I've heard of such shenanigans happening but never have I witnessed one myself. It's the same kind of stupid as flashing your tits to a cop and expect to get out of a speeding ticket.

A horse of course

Looks like the last raid tier since it has Archimonde.

I vaguely followed the story of WoD and all I know is that the "Iron Horde" is the non-demon horde from another dimension, and that at the end of the last content patch they got beaten up and drank Manny's blood anyway. What's going on with Archimonde? Is there an alternate dimension Burning Legion too?

GreyViper

Prophet
Whats with Blizzard and their need to remove Legendary items?:argh: Was hoping to do the Legendary cape quest in Timeless Isle, but nope.:decline: So I did find the answer, but the hell.:retarded:
It definitely isn't an arbitrary decision, this Legendary has been a reward for following along with the content of Mists of Pandaria. We want it to remain as a way to show you followed the content, and be a permenent recognition of your character's time and experience in this expansion. We intend to, and have plans to be, more consistent about how we treat these kinds of things going forward. I think the most concern is stemming from this seeming to be out of left field with no consistency to a ruleset for how we treat items (e.g. arbitrary). The Legendary ring in Warlords, for example, is another item that'll be obtained and upgraded throughout the expansion's content, and should be expected to also be available as an "I was there." recognition for completing the content of the expansion, and no longer available when the expansion ends. That doesn't, however, preclude us from introducing other types of items, like Legendary, similar to past Heroic (Mythic) items that would continue to be available, depending on its intent and how it's acquired.
:obviously:
SO if you dont do the quest line for legendary ring in WoD then you wont get it in the next expansion. Somehow I dont think private servers running WoD have this issue.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Private server drama:

Basically, a Horde warlock used a bug with Eye of Kilrogg to kill level 1 nelfs in the Teldrassil starting area.

That reminded me good'ol days of killing friendly players with Hakkar's Blood disease or shamans fire nova totem. Had good fun wiping out servers/gold sellers :)

Angthoron

Arcane
Whats with Blizzard and their need to remove Legendary items?:argh: Was hoping to do the Legendary cape quest in Timeless Isle, but nope.:decline: So I did find the answer, but the hell.:retarded:
It definitely isn't an arbitrary decision, this Legendary has been a reward for following along with the content of Mists of Pandaria. We want it to remain as a way to show you followed the content, and be a permenent recognition of your character's time and experience in this expansion. We intend to, and have plans to be, more consistent about how we treat these kinds of things going forward. I think the most concern is stemming from this seeming to be out of left field with no consistency to a ruleset for how we treat items (e.g. arbitrary). The Legendary ring in Warlords, for example, is another item that'll be obtained and upgraded throughout the expansion's content, and should be expected to also be available as an "I was there." recognition for completing the content of the expansion, and no longer available when the expansion ends. That doesn't, however, preclude us from introducing other types of items, like Legendary, similar to past Heroic (Mythic) items that would continue to be available, depending on its intent and how it's acquired.
:obviously:
SO if you dont do the quest line for legendary ring in WoD then you wont get it in the next expansion. Somehow I dont think private servers running WoD have this issue.
This recognition is BS anyway, since the legendaries are useless and not transmoggable. Yay, wipe your ass on your Shadowmourne, Angthoron, who gives a fuck.

GreyViper

Prophet
Private server drama:

Basically, a Horde warlock used a bug with Eye of Kilrogg to kill level 1 nelfs in the Teldrassil starting area.

That reminded me good'ol days of killing friendly players with Hakkar's Blood disease or shamans fire nova totem. Had good fun wiping out servers/gold sellers :)
Or warlock releasing his pet Infernal in Crossroad on rush hour, way back in vanilla.

Angthoron Yeah i know what you mean, Im bit miffed they didn't give legendary same treatment as heirlooms, minus the account bound part. I guess some things stay the same. :/

A horse of course

I vaguely followed the story of WoD and all I know is that the "Iron Horde" is the non-demon horde from another dimension, and that at the end of the last content patch they got beaten up and drank Manny's blood anyway. What's going on with Archimonde? Is there an alternate dimension Burning Legion too?

Hi Ed123 thanks for your question. I'm sorry none of these useless cunts answered you so I'll step in to help. The Arch/Kil'jaeden raid isn't open on the PTR yet so the story isn't clear, but it seems both are still alive in this timeline.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The answer has to be "yes, there is an alternate dimension burning legion" doesn't it? Or how did alternate dimension Gul'dan get his Demon Juice that turns orcs green?

Was a reason given why none of the main dimension people are coming over to meet their alternate dimension selves? I know you get AD Garona to help you at some point, and this is a really big deal, but isn't MD Garona alive and kicking and helping us (I recall a quest with her in Cata)? Will the World(s) implode if they talk to/see each other?

Not massively in to the alternate timeline thing they did. Not that I was really up on WoW lore, but this seems to needlessly complicate things. I wonder if, lorewise, at the end the Warlords dimension will be abandoned, along with all its natives, and they'll just pretend it never happened and get to chasing standard timeline Azshara or whatever.

A horse of course

The answer has to be "yes, there is an alternate dimension burning legion" doesn't it? Or how did alternate dimension Gul'dan get his Demon Juice that turns orcs green?

Was a reason given why none of the main dimension people are coming over to meet their alternate dimension selves? I know you get AD Garona to help you at some point, and this is a really big deal, but isn't MD Garona alive and kicking and helping us (I recall a quest with her in Cata)? Will the World(s) implode if they talk to/see each other?

Not massively in to the alternate timeline thing they did. Not that I was really up on WoW lore, but this seems to needlessly complicate things. I wonder if, lorewise, at the end the Warlords dimension will be abandoned, along with all its natives, and they'll just pretend it never happened and get to chasing standard timeline Azshara or whatever.

I don't think the hacks have done much with Garona since her starring role in the awful comic book

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Garona was part of the Twilight Highlands storyline for the Horde. Though the storyline itself wasn't any better than those terrible comics.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Hi Ed123 thanks for your question. I'm sorry none of these useless cunts answered you so I'll step in to help. The Arch/Kil'jaeden raid isn't open on the PTR yet so the story isn't clear, but it seems both are still alive in this timeline.
Sorry, I don't follow this thread regularly. But... yes... the premise behind WoD was that Garrosh (deposed Warchief) escaped to an 'alternate' Draenor set thirty years in the past before the orcs became corrupted. He gave his father Grom some tech but essentially the 'Iron Horde' was just a bunch of orcs with guns and heavier plate armor. A fairly weak threat but one that was played up for the expansion. After the Alliance and Horde beat the crap out of them and kill most of their leaders, Gul'dan steps in, captures Grom, and most of the remaining Iron Horde drink the demon blood and side with the Burning Legion. So, yeah, in the end it was just another Burning Legion expansion.

Revenant

So, the EU token plummeted to 31k as opposed to 20k for the AM one. That kinda makes sense, considering €20 > $20.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom