Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I could go both ways, really. Main reason I rolled horde, aside from the obvious Lok'Tar Ogar!, was to play a shammy, which alliance can't have. Got a lvl 8 Nelf running about already, dying all the time. Boy, are warriors shit. Name's Madillian. Jimjin, if horde.

Fixed. There's no moment you'll enjoy warrior until you're well geared at 60

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tokens are down to 19k gold in the US. Got one to use if they ever comp me WoD.

Mask

Literate
Hey don't be too quick to laugh as Sha'tar is now connected to AD!!1
My nostalgia has been through the roof lately, for a time when I thought RPing was still for cool people. In your opinion, is the RP scene in WoW or whatever server you're on worth dragging oneself back to the old and stank hell that is WoW?

Revenant

My nostalgia has been through the roof lately, for a time when I thought RPing was still for cool people. In your opinion, is the RP scene in WoW or whatever server you're on worth dragging oneself back to the old and stank hell that is WoW?
That depends on what your standards for quality RP are, but in my opinion there are a lot great RPers on Argent Dawn at the moment, and if you know them you can get some really good RP. At least as a fact I can tell you that there are a lot of active RP guilds with nearly daily events, the cities are full of life every evening. Also, the impact of post-Cataclysm mess isn't felt that much in RP, as most of RP occurs in low level areas. To summarize, it all depends on the guild you're in, and there are currently many RP guilds with a few events per week.

Revenant

Believe it or not, but some people (like me) RP in WoW so satisfy their nostalgia for Warcraft III lore.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Believe it or not, but some people (like me) RP in WoW so satisfy their nostalgia for Warcraft III lore.

I remember wandering inside the Lordaeron throne room for the first time in Undercity. I cri evry tiem.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

Mmmm, dat Warcraft 3 nostalgy on Argent Dawn..

UUkzS72.jpg

hUDoFcA.jpg8

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Does that look like Goldshire to you? Goldshire was never anything but staging ground for the main assault.

Argent Dawn is that weird case of having to roll through all that retarded bullshit only to find a real gem with talented people behind it, wasting their time for something as stupid as Metzen's lore and making something useful out of it. RPing goblin warlock that sells imps left and right can be pretty entertaining, you know.

Stasgard

Liturgist
Hey don't be too quick to laugh as Sha'tar is now connected to AD!!1

Wyrmrest Accord RP has gone to utter toss. If you have any inclination to do it again, avoid WrA like the plague.

How are all you Argent Dawn players holding up?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Well, if you're looking for RP AD and Defias Brotherhood are your only options. All the other realms died collectively during Wrath.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WoW is a shit game for RP purposes. Most of it is freaks doing ERP. If the game were structured more like UO then I could see it but it's essentially just a dungeon crawler/time sink pit.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Which is why my old RP guild on EU-Moonglade built the guild RP around the raid content and encouraged members to weave their character stories into it. So it turned raiding from a stressful grind into a fun RP activity.

:M
10116.jpg
:M

I could go both ways, really. Main reason I rolled horde, aside from the obvious Lok'Tar Ogar!, was to play a shammy, which alliance can't have. Got a lvl 8 Nelf running about already, dying all the time. Boy, are warriors shit early game. Name's Madillian. Jimjin, if horde.
Hey, there is absolutely 0 reason to play nelf male :D

My cows are Angpetu - Chaska - Chagtan - Ehawee because obviously you must use Lakota names for Tauren.

I'll add your chars when I get in-game.

Mask

Literate
All this RP shit is pretty gay. Thread unwatched.
Here we observe the closet homosexual in his natural environment. Don't be fooled by his retreat, he'll be back. Perhaps next time he will secure a mate.

J1M

Arcane
All this RP shit is pretty gay. Thread unwatched.
Here we observe the closet homosexual in his natural environment. Don't be fooled by his retreat, he'll be back. Perhaps next time he will secure a mate.
Who said anything about homosexuals?
I did, when I called you a faggot. Moron. :martini:
I hope this was enough to derail the RP talk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom