Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shut up, phag-mo. As challenging as BC? No. I meant it was a decent enough compromise between keeping a challenge and total derpface casual shit like in WoD. Early on, Wrath heroics weren't faceroll.

Are you kidding? Even if WoD heroics became totally lulzy within a week due to gearing curve being finishable in matter of days, they were initially tuned harder than WotLK heroics ever were and definately in terms of mechanics more involving. WotLK on the other hand didn't compensate at all for the fact that every single class could suddenly do whopping AoE to a point you obiletrated trash packs in seconds, having to pay no mind to their abilities and thus rendering CC useless, tank threat stopped mattering entirely and most mechanics that required attention were easily healed through (only one you couldn't was with Loken, but as stated earliel, it was a simple move few steps away from boss).

There was no compromise with WotLK heroics, it was absolute downgrade in every sense of the word. People got so fucking terrible in matter of weeks that if you leveled any alts you'd witness more wipes on TBC normals than on WotLK heroics.
Weren't you the one who told me you didn't start playing WoW until midway through Wrath or was that someone else?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Shut up, phag-mo. As challenging as BC? No. I meant it was a decent enough compromise between keeping a challenge and total derpface casual shit like in WoD. Early on, Wrath heroics weren't faceroll.

Are you kidding? Even if WoD heroics became totally lulzy within a week due to gearing curve being finishable in matter of days, they were initially tuned harder than WotLK heroics ever were and definately in terms of mechanics more involving. WotLK on the other hand didn't compensate at all for the fact that every single class could suddenly do whopping AoE to a point you obiletrated trash packs in seconds, having to pay no mind to their abilities and thus rendering CC useless, tank threat stopped mattering entirely and most mechanics that required attention were easily healed through (only one you couldn't was with Loken, but as stated earliel, it was a simple move few steps away from boss).

There was no compromise with WotLK heroics, it was absolute downgrade in every sense of the word. People got so fucking terrible in matter of weeks that if you leveled any alts you'd witness more wipes on TBC normals than on WotLK heroics.
Weren't you the one who told me you didn't start playing WoW until midway through Wrath or was that someone else?

No, I've played WoW since it's EU release to this date through periods of casual and hardcore gaming so I have pretty extensive backround on things I speak about in regards of WoW. I've relied on instances/outdoor content end game and also been part of hardcore raiding guild that was around 50-100 position during Cataclysm and has competed on server firsts on the top end content through entirety of the game.

I've also led and arranged a raid guild on the side.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
OH ye, the amount of retardo & self entitled tears on the official forums was/is staggering. I remember back in ye olde days when i visited the official WoW forums to read up a bit on tactics and find some advice - about an hour after reading i came to the conclusion that everything is shit, devs suck, mobs suck, players suck, quests suck, talents suck, OMF WTF BBQ, ;/////// and life had no meaning.

The Codex forum reminds me of that, sometimes :)

Angthoron

Arcane
Hell, when Cataclysm re introduced mindblowing concepts like CC and resource management the community began a riot.
Cata also came shipped with a huge-ass amount of AoE skills you would be an idiot to not spam. Which was hilarious. "I CCed the dangerous mo--- oh fuck you warlock" "Don't worry about tha--- fuck you hunter and paladin" "Fuck you too, warrior" "Suck dick, priest, did you have to do Vampiric Embrace NOW?" "Ah fuck it all, fuck this gaywad CC, Blade Flurry YOLO!!!!!"

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Hell, when Cataclysm re introduced mindblowing concepts like CC and resource management the community began a riot.
Cata also came shipped with a huge-ass amount of AoE skills you would be an idiot to not spam. Which was hilarious. "I CCed the dangerous mo--- oh fuck you warlock" "Don't worry about tha--- fuck you hunter and paladin" "Fuck you too, warrior" "Suck dick, priest, did you have to do Vampiric Embrace NOW?" "Ah fuck it all, fuck this gaywad CC, Blade Flurry YOLO!!!!!"

Wait, didnt Wotlk introduce all that gayass AoE for every class that wipes out mob groups in 2-3 seconds? I remember stuff dying almost instantly in wotlk instances :O

Angthoron

Arcane

Wait, didnt Wotlk introduce all that gayass AoE for every class that wipes out mob groups in 2-3 seconds? I remember stuff dying almost instantly in wotlk instances :O
A lot of that came late-expansion, like, say, Ret T10 that basically allowed you to spam AoE nonstop and was so broken I had a ~10% lead on everything else in 25-man raids. Then again, that was against other rets as well so idk. But that came from T10 set bonus. In Cata you actually had a talent that let you do that instead.

Delterius

Arcane
I did not last long into cacataclysm but the thing about AoE spam is that it was a stupid but nonetheless sufficient way to complete Wotlk instances. What cata did was allow other classes to AoE like a mage, only one among many other moves into class homogeneization. Or was it even more classes? I can never be sure about when these balance changes really begin.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
i read that in teh voice of the sarcasm meter guy from the simpsons
Yeah I was going to reply but I realized it's essentially a who's the bigger comic book guy fight.

original.jpg

Aildrik

Savant
For me its vanilla > TBC > Wotlk and it stops there. I'm a huge storyfag, played all of the expansions but couldnt really "get into it" after Wotlk (not saying everything in wotlk was great, only the story part as a direct continuation of wc3).

Yeah it was hard for me to see the book close, so to speak, on the WC3 story. I remember during Vanilla and TBC there was a lot of theorizing about facing Deathwing at some point, but ugh... Dragonsoul raid was such a letdown. I will also say it was cool that Cata finally fleshed out some areas of Azeroth that had been placeholders for so long such as Grim Batol and Uldum, although I always expected Uldum to be another Titan base/facility and not a copy of ancient Egypt.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The AoE push happened in WotLK, it was just enhanched in Cata.
For me its vanilla > TBC > Wotlk and it stops there. I'm a huge storyfag, played all of the expansions but couldnt really "get into it" after Wotlk (not saying everything in wotlk was great, only the story part as a direct continuation of wc3).

Yeah it was hard for me to see the book close, so to speak, on the WC3 story. I remember during Vanilla and TBC there was a lot of theorizing about facing Deathwing at some point, but ugh... Dragonsoul raid was such a letdown. I will also say it was cool that Cata finally fleshed out some areas of Azeroth that had been placeholders for so long such as Grim Batol and Uldum, although I always expected Uldum to be another Titan base/facility and not a copy of ancient Egypt.

Uldum, in the Blizzcon preview before the zone was made was meant to be repository for ancient Titan weapons protected by mystic race and it'd become the major struggling point in the war between Horde and Alliance. I guess it did happen in essence, but I doubt anyone was expecting short quest line of the mystic race while rest of the zone was dedicated to Indiana Jones.

And don't let me get started on Grim Batol. They really fucked that shit up. Aside from the pretty amazing grandiose theme, that place was bullshit. It should've been at the very least a proper dungeon crawl into ancient dwarven city that has been part of Warcraft since the second game in vein on Blackrock Depths. Multitude of levels, city-like layout, different sections for different purposes. Not some damn zig zag round we go zig zag design to hide the fact it's straight corridor.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
The AoE push happened in WotLK, it was just enhanched in Cata.

Uldum, in the Blizzcon preview before the zone was made was meant to be repository for ancient Titan weapons protected by mystic race and it'd become the major struggling point in the war between Horde and Alliance. I guess it did happen in essence, but I doubt anyone was expecting short quest line of the mystic race while rest of the zone was dedicated to Indiana Jones.

And don't let me get started on Grim Batol. They really fucked that shit up. Aside from the pretty amazing grandiose theme, that place was bullshit. It should've been at the very least a proper dungeon crawl into ancient dwarven city that has been part of Warcraft since the second game in vein on Blackrock Depths. Multitude of levels, city-like layout, different sections for different purposes. Not some damn zig zag round we go zig zag design to hide the fact it's straight corridor.

Ye Grim Batol had massive potential, shame it got squandered that way :///

Aildrik

Savant

Hah... damn now you got me ranting. I have always thought the original dungeon design in Vanilla WoW made for some amazing experiences. I mean, you look at BRD and Strat; these were dungeons that were epic in size to the point that you never really cleared everything in one run. It was always BRD Emp runs, or Strat live side, etc. Blackrock Spire is another one. I used to love standing at the bottom of that zone, like where Bannok Grimaxe spawns around the tents, and look up .. at the bridges and stuff and marvel at how huge and epic that dungeon was. It was a shame that that sort of grand design was scrapped in favor of the cattle-chute crap that we have now.

And yeah, Grim Batol should have gotten that treatment.

Avellion

Erudite
Ugly mounts takes precedence over new content I see. Shame, because I actually liked Warlords of Draenor's levelling content.

Dat Dislike Bar.

Revenant

What about it, store mounts have been around since late Pandaria. The prestigious ones are still those that require effort to obtain (speaks a proud owner of the Raven Lord).

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What about it, store mounts have been around since late Pandaria. The prestigious ones are still those that require effort to obtain (speaks a proud owner of the Raven Lord).

Yeah you are right, what about it, who needs actual content when they can get store mounts and a selfie cam instead :)

Revenant

Just saying store vanity content has been in the game for a long time, so it seems kinda weird that you bring that up now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom