Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Keshik

Arcane
WoW BGs are always filled with angry people, bitching about everyone else being retards and not doing the right thing - while never mentioning anything.

As I heal mainly, it is funny to see the abuse I get sometimes for not healing some moron while he runs around willy-nilly. Well when I'm not getting nailed by the PVP addons that highlight me as a healer for everyone to primary :P

Divinity: Original Sin 2
WoW decline?

My last xpack was WotLK, waiting out neutered Cata and Kung-fu Pandas, I decided to see what's up with Thrall. Turned out he's not the warchief anymore, huh.

Between angry people, useless professions, facebook/timesink games, and reused content (3 PvE difficulties, mythic dungeons are not available unless you do some raiding), I found doing old raids, questing in old areas, most fun.
Raids are scalled up - not by difficulty but by mechanics - which is awesome... unless you don't have a guild. You could PuG, but you really don't want to do that. The last resort are 5-man runs, there are 5 of those. They are not alternative to raiding as they said it will be.

Of course, there is much QoL improvements which... are not content. And, in fact, they take something important from the game:
PuGs are worse than ever. People don't want to waste time on instance progression, and there's LFR tool which speeds up the signing up process. I've never seen so many trigger-happy idiots who pull boss and then leave instead of listening to tactics.

This game became a chore due to dailies grind and intrusive RNG, QoL improvements instead making life easier, spoiled the fun by attracting more casual players who don't care about the game if there's no f..n S.E.L.F.I.E. in it. What the hell happened?
Am I getting old? Or the game became crap all of a sudden?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah i wouldn't recommend the game to anyone in it's current state. I just keep playing because I am completely retarded obviously but in all honesty the game is boring and a pile of crap.

All I do these days is open pvp, meaning i stack up on fel slug and then burst people in pve gear down.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
All I do these days is open pvp, meaning i stack up on fel slug and then die from falling in again and getting 10 stacks

:greatjob:

I'm termpted to try the fel slug spa treatment, but DW frost DK is surprisingly squishy. I'm not sure I want to lose my selfheal.

Of course, there is much QoL improvements which... are not content. And, in fact, they take something important from the game:
PuGs are worse than ever. People don't want to waste time on instance progression, and there's LFR tool which speeds up the signing up process. I've never seen so many trigger-happy idiots who pull boss and then leave instead of listening to tactics.

I came back in for WoD because I was nostalgic for WotLK/BC dungeons. But nowadays everyone's hideously overgeared and just plow through the heroics in seconds. No need for tactics, just tank&spank. PvP is keeping me amused for the time being, we'll see how long it lasts.

Ninjerk

Arcane
2013-05-20-goatmilkgif.gif

Revenant

Lol and one might have thought the title of this thread has become obsolete and should have been changed by now.

Anyway, awaiting the buttrage of blizztards that the expac will be announced not at Blizzcon. Boo-hoo, a bunch of whiny faggots. The expansion is probably getting released on June 2016, along with the Warcraft movie

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're just announcing it. Usually it's another six months or so from announcement to release for their expansions. WoD was in... November 2014? My guess is it'll have been out a good 18 months before the new expansion hits. Shorter term than usual but, as you all see, WoD has shit all for content so they're kind of forced to crap something else out.

Oh man, it's even worse than I thought. Found this on another forum:

TBC:
Announced: 28/10/05
Released: 15/01/07 Winter
~15 months

WotLK:
Announced: 03/08/07
Released: 14/11/08 fall
~15months

Cata:
Announced: 21/08/09
Released: 07/12/10 Winter
~15months

MoP:
Announced: 21/10/11
Released: 25/09/12 fall
~11months

WoD:
Announced: 08/11/13
Released: 13/11/14 fall
~12months

Last edited:

Revenant

Yup, as I said, it is extremely likely the next expac goes live next summer, as it would be a very powerful marketing move to release the movie and an expansion at the same time from a public relationships viewpoint. That gives almost a year, which would be comparative to the waiting time for recent expansions.

Caim

Arcane
Well from what I understand WoD rebooted the timeline so it's as good a place as any to start anew.

Caim

Arcane
So after alternate-universe Outland, we'll be getting... what, alternate-universe Northrend with Thrall as the Lich King?
Last update would be Thrall of the Lich King.

And the expansion after that will have people realizing the Cataclysm is going to happen so they go and kick down Deathwing's door before he gets metaled up. This in turn causes bad shit to go down, Cataclysm 2.0 happens and the influence of the Old Ones makes the Titans stir once more.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So after alternate-universe Outland, we'll be getting... what, alternate-universe Northrend with Thrall as the Lich King?
Well....

the lich king got replaced by some other bro after he is killed in the WotLK endgame raid

...so maybe that guy makes an appearance as the bad guy. Assuming we don't stick with the whole alternate timeline thing.

Or we go with the alternate timeline in draenor being made permanent and altering one of the "present day" areas because orcs never invaded. Like cataclysm mk. II.

My guess though is that they add a new continent to draenor. We already have naval missions and Gul'Dan runs off at the end of the current endgame content. It's not a big stretch that alliance/horde sail to some new continent.

Last edited:

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
I'll play next expac when it costs 5€ or when it's free.

Or never, 'cause questing is too easy, dungeons are too easy and the endgame is just a boring grindfest that feels like work.

Also, I'm still mad for going on the WoD launch hype train and getting scammed into a lag and bug fest that Blizzard clearly knew would happen but gave no fucks.

And fucking garrisons completely killed the last bits of fun out of the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well from what I understand WoD rebooted the timeline so it's as good a place as any to start anew.
WoD didn't reboot the timeline. There's now two Draenors that, lore-wise, the main universe presumably has access to after the events of WoD. Of course, it's still a huge clusterfuck. Next stop is probably South Seas with Azshara/N'zoth being the primary bosses. I suppose they could do another Legion expansion but I'd hope for the sake of variety they put it aside for at least another couple of years. Also with a South Seas expansion they could keep using those crappy naval missions.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't see it. I remember back in Vanilla where they had a lot of Emerald Dream art assets in the client and plans for how they'd set it up (the green raid dragons by the trees and such). Of course now all of that art is a decade old and mostly unusable given the recent graphics update. Also I think the whole 'corruption' plot-line was wrapped up in a novel. Especially with Malfurion making his return to WoW prior to Cataclysm (whereas before he was trapped in the NIGHTMARE!).

Plus they're really bad at coming up with original antagonists:

Vanilla - Old Gods forces (Rag, Nef, C'thun) and Scourge (KT)
TBC - Legion
Wrath - Scourge with a side of Old Gods
Cata - Old Gods
MoP - Garrosh... corrupted by Old Gods
WoD - Grom... but really Legion

ODT (On Derper Tides) - Azshara/Old Gods

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WoW Down to 5.6 Million Subscribers
Blizzard has their Q2 2015 earnings call today, announcing that WoW is down to 5.6 million subscribers at the end of Q2 2015. This is down 1.5 million from the Q1 2015 call that listed WoW at 7.1 million subscribers.

And that's WITH token subs factored in the mix. So since they get $20 per token sub it's a little more revenue than what they'd usually get with 5.6m. Still... without tokens they'd probably be around 3 million.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I suppose it would be too much to ask for Warcraft 4 after WoW declines even further?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom