Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some of you guys never heard of Game of Thrones "Red Wedding"...

JustMyOnion

Educated
People complain that there's nothing to do right now, but what were people doing at this point during BC or Wotlk? All I remember is doing the annoying as fuck Ogri'la dailies and these level 70 elementals everyone was farming.

Caim

Arcane
People complain that there's nothing to do right now, but what were people doing at this point during BC or Wotlk? All I remember is doing the annoying as fuck Ogri'la dailies and these level 70 elementals everyone was farming.
Farming for a Netherdrake, of course.

That shit takes for-fucking-EVER.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The older expansions didn't have a wealth of content but it was better organized and had flow.

Don Peste

Arcane
Warcraft IV
http://www.pcgamesn.com/heroes-of-t...on-but-it-could-be-inside-heroes-of-the-storm

It’s very rewarding for us to hear that there’s demand out there for more RTS content in the Warcraft universe so once we’re done with Void I think we’ll get together as a team and talk about what would inspire us to work on next. There’s no question, though, that we’ll consider Warcraft, StarCraft, or even new ideas. Anything is possible.

"Yes," he said when asked if it had been discussed internally. "We've definitely thought about it. It's not being worked on today, but it is cool.

"We'd love to do it - we have the tools, we have the technology, we have a team that's very passionate about that type of content. I've certainly heard it mentioned around the office many, many times. No one's coding today, though. I don't want to overpromise and say it's imminent - it's not imminent. But it's something we definitely want to do."
Single-player HotS and old Warcraft 1080p patch aka 'remake' probably come first. But we need a new Culling of Stratholme.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only RTS game they'll do is SC3 about five years from now and only because they probably can't think of a good F2P direction to spin that off into. Even then... maybe not. And maybe no Diablo 4. The amount of money needed to make those games and the return they get probably pales in comparison to the profit margins of Hearthstone and, eventually, HoTS once it gets rolling. There's a reason they're making their own TF2 and didn't continue to develop it as an MMO and that's because the cash is easier to be had in F2P models.

If anything they might remake the older Warcraft titles in the SC/HoTS engine. But a new game? Don't hold your breath. I don't even know how the article title can claim it 'may be on the horizon' when it clearly isn't. It's in the 'we'll think about it stage,' which is meaningless.

J1M

Arcane
Blizzard likes to go after genres that have player interest but no more than one or two polished incumbents. Also stuff that they are playing themselves.

In other words, Warcraft IV will be an open world survival game. :P

JustMyOnion

Educated
The older expansions didn't have a wealth of content but it was better organized and had flow.
Yeah, I don't know about the "organized" part, BC had specs and vanilla had entire classes that were completely useless, itemization was a complete mess until before Cataclysm, but I do agree about the flow, raiding involved going through all the raid tiers instead of just getting the latest welfare gear and foregoing all the content before the current patch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There were no useless classes in vanilla. Specs, sure? When TBC rolled around the vast majority of specs were dungeon and raid viable. Maybe four or five out of the total lot of specs were useless.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe they were taken on raids in TBC. Maybe that was a Wrath thing. Still can't think of any classes in vanilla that were useless/not taken on raids. Sure, most were pigeonholed into one primary role but, especially with 40 raids slots, you didn't see classes that weren't taken.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I believe they were taken on raids in TBC. Maybe that was a Wrath thing. Still can't think of any classes in vanilla that were useless/not taken on raids. Sure, most were pigeonholed into one primary role but, especially with 40 raids slots, you didn't see classes that weren't taken.

Well, we didn't take any shammy to our raids in vanilla. And I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any paladins in horde raids.

:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lies. When I was playing a Paladin I knew a Horde guild on the server and I want and cast judgment of wisdom on one of those outdoor Emerald Dragon raid bosses so they could get mana return!

Caim

Arcane
I wonder when they're going to do away with specs, so that you can play as all possible versions of the class so that you can have more fun and don't have to bother with such stupid things as "choice" and "builds".

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder when they're going to do away with specs, so that you can play as all possible versions of the class so that you can have more fun and don't have to bother with such stupid things as "choice" and "builds".

Well, the talent tree (if you can call it that) is already pretty much identical across all specs and you can change your specialization at will so it's not that far off. :P

Revenant

Well, the talent tree (if you can call it that) is already pretty much identical across all specs and you can change your specialization at will so it's not that far off. :P
First, currently quite a lot of talents actually have different effects according to the specialization turned on at the moment.

Second, changing your specialization is only possible out of combat, so it's not so "at will" as you make it to appear.

Third, you can have two specializations at most at a given time, so this leaves out a third role for many classes, forcing you to make choices as to what do you want to play as.

Ninjerk

Arcane
My body is ready for the uniclass, so I can play anything I want at all times.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
First, currently quite a lot of talents actually have different effects according to the specialization turned on at the moment.

Second, changing your specialization is only possible out of combat, so it's not so "at will" as you make it to appear.

Now you're just nitpicking, bro.

Speaking of talents, I have to admit I was (at first glance) pretty miffed at how the talent choices have been changed when I reactivated my account recently after several years. To Blizzard's credit, though, most of the choices are actually pretty interesting - i.e. there are very few "+2% to this/-5 to that" type talents and most of them actually give you new spells or change how your current ones work. Sawyer would approve.

:balance:

Ash_Firelord

Educated
I remember being a retribution pally on vanilla, I had to spam engineering grenades in order to be viable raid DPS - but guild always took me anyway, because they needed someone to buff 40 ppl with 5-minute buffs. :P

WoW has gotten much more enjoyable since then, but tbh it didn't need to - I'm just hopelessly addicted to watching numbers going up, they could have downgraded it to an excel sheet and I'd still be there. :P

o wait, garrisons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom