Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Unwanted

Douchebag

Unwanted
Except they don't start with AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS which is the most tired cliche for a trailer. Nevermind the succession of stock sentences following right after. Anymore stock than this would be enough to legally consider them public domain.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shame they waited for Sylvanas to cover up in-game before showing her in a cinematic. Would have been better in bikini mode.

flabbyjack

Arcane
'What's next for WoW?'

erJVZc.jpg

Sorry players. I couldn't resist.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Heh, they don't even look anything special for the most part - the game is full of "epic" looking stuff already so it's almost impossible for any weapon to stick out. And you know that everyone will be running around with artifact weapons soon enough :D

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
You get them before or during the first zone questing, no? IIRC they want everyone to have one and it slowly gets stronger over the expansions/patches (gaining it's own XP via questing/raiding/pvp).

So it's not like legendary cloak/ring where everyone who can be bothered to put the time in eventually gets one, so that in the end there's still plenty that never see it. It's literally everyone who plays the xpac.

Avellion

Erudite
A good chunk of the artifact weapons, carry the same flaw that a lot of Epic weapons in WoW do. They are grossly overdesigned, and designed in a way like theywere designed by someone who has no understanding of how weapons work. Fantasy does not justify stupidity, as far as I am concerned.

Thankfully you can transmog them and I will probably do as I have always done, transmog my weapons and armor into some green or blue item.

Revenant

You are playing the wrong game if you want a realistic art direction. Over the top weapon and armor design has always been the hallmark of WoW, along with stylized cartoon styled graphics.

abija

Prophet
You are playing the wrong game if you want a realistic art direction. Over the top weapon and armor design has always been the hallmark of WoW, along with stylized cartoon styled graphics.
It's not about being realistic, but about looking suitable to kill shit.

This is an over the top weapon:
120083.jpg

These are overdesigned bullshit:
Warrior-Arms.jpg
Warrior-Fury.jpg

No, it became over the top after vanilla or TBC, it's debatable.
It was over the top since vanilla, not the issue Avellion was complaining about.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
No, it became over the top after vanilla or TBC, it's debatable.
RxbIBpQ.jpg

pGGNSq9.png

Those are two things I remember from vanilla, although I have to admit armor went batshit crazy after Vanilla and TBC, weapons always were a bit weird. How's the story by the way? Haven't played since Cataclysm, and always had a weakness for the shlock Metzen was peddling. Are they still busy with the entire "HURR DURR Varian Wrynn hates orcs so new conflict!" arc of the story?

Revenant

Nope, I believe there will be an accompanying off hand for the Doomhammer. As for the Silver Hand too, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Think the OHs are part of it? I like the Libram on the pally. Would be neat to read from it as part of the casting animation.

Demo skull is interesting.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Am I missing something? The Holy Paladin weapon is a two handed mace. What libram?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, was looking at this picture:

Pally-Holy.jpg

I suppose that could be their ludicrously sized one hander template.

Don Peste

Arcane
Looking forward to get WoD for free after Legion is released to play it for a month with those changes (IMPROVEMENTS).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What? I can't see what's wrong from the picture. A question was asked by some immense genetic/social freak? Happens every year. If the convention visitors are any reflection of the wow player base, all wow players must have a dozen chromosomes too many.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
  • Death Knight runes restricted gameplay, so there are now 6 runes, one type, don't worry about what types are off cooldown anymore.
Don't worry about cooldowns guys, just press those awesome buttons.

What? I can't see what's wrong from the picture. A question was asked by some immense genetic/social freak? Happens every year. If the convention visitors are any reflection of the wow player base, all wow players must have a dozen chromosomes too many.

Jay Wilson is what's wrong with that picture. Lead designer part is particularly great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom