Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:kingcomrade:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Looked at the DK class changes for legion. Good God, the popamole is out in force. Not only are they reducing runes to a unified resource, they also reduce then to only having one disease. (Plus it looks like self-heal might be restricted to blood spec.. Uh-oh).

On the plus side, my rotation will be simple now.
Obliterate, obliterate, obliterate, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, repeat

[Edit]
They're removing frost/blood/unholy prescense too. Christo. They really DO want us to spam obliterate and nothing else

Last edited:

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
RIP WoW as a half-decent game that's maybe worth playing circa Wrath.

RIP WoW as a thing that exists at all after Legion launches.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Looked at the DK class changes for legion. Good God, the popamole is out in force. Not only are they reducing runes to a unified resource, they also reduce then to only having one disease. (Plus it looks like self-heal might be restricted to blood spec.. Uh-oh).

Obliterate, obliterate, obliterate, frost strike, frost strike, frost strike, repeat

[Edit]
They're removing frost/blood/unholy prescense too. Christo. They really DO want us to spam obliterate and nothing else

For frost, I think it actually will get more interesting with the addon. Right now you spam HBs and only obliterate when both unholy runes are caped. Using Obliterate for single target instead of HB spam all the way sounds better to me, the interaction between KM Obliterates, rime and HB is also an improvement over the "please don't proc KM while I press Obliterate to dump my Unholy rune" shit we have right now. Having both remorseless winter and glacial advance in the preview sounds like they add more stuff for frost, which is great since the specc is lacking in abilities. In short, I don't think it is possible to make frost less complex as it is right now, it's the go to spec for noobs.

The runes change is actually a good thing (because butchered runes system we got in cataclysm), it allows us more burst and control. A good resource system should allow for tactical decision making and not restricting your abilities. Thats why good players use blood tab, it gives you more control over your runes, allowing you to maximize your DPS as DD or survivability as tank. The removal of the presences on the other hand is something I don't understand. Blizzards reasoning is utterly retarded and I really hope they change their mind or give DKs a way to compensate the loss of survivability on demand blood presence provides right now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You don't obliterate at all as frost right now. Unless you're 2h for some reason. It's generally HB, runed icy touch (dispel), death strike (self heal, and apparently that is becoming blood only in legion), death siphon (ranged selfheal) plague strike (if nothing else is up) to build rp, with all your actual damage coming from the frost strikes which scale better and can't be dodged/parried.

Obliterate doesn't do enough damage as DW to justify the loss of utility you'd get from spending your runes elsewhere. Not sure where you get the runner tap from. I checked the top arena players and about 2/3 of them run runic corruption. Are you a PvEr by chance?

Last edited:

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Ah you talk about pvp. Tap is better even in pvp, but its a lot more micromanagement. You basicaly get death runes on demand, which is great for siphons or soul reapers or even extra hbs if you convert runes the smart way.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I find plague leech generally suffices for that. I've run both and the extra runic power is by far more useful since you want a full buffer for frost strikes as often as possible

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
What extra runic power? You don't get more runic power with RC. RC also can lead to resource overflow if it procs back to back, which can lead to a net loss.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Faster regen = more runes converted to rp = more runic power. While blood tap is good for being able to burst at a specific time, runic corruption generally lets you burst more often during a match. Since everything else I'm doing revolves around building a full rp buffer so I can run a burst cycle, the higher amount of rp generated over time trumps a few extra runes on demands sometimes

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
RT provides slightly better rune regeneration. RC is more random and can be better, but it also can be worse. But statistically RT provides more runes. The difference is negligible though, the choice boils down to either control or ease of use and I can see why the later is more popular in a hectic pvp environment.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

[Edit]
DK was an easy class to tank with in Wrath. No idea about what changes they made in the interim, though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Rune tap is only better in practice when your target stands still and let's you run an optimal rotation. :P
When the enemy is actively trying to be a pain in the ass, runic corruption is more reliable.

I'm sure runic tap is fine for pve. But pve just isn't very interesting to me anymore.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
RIP Sylvanas... SJW's won...

Sylvanas.jpg

Cover 'dat belly. Flat ass. No hips. No cleavage.

Wonder how long before they redo HoTS model:

maxresdefault.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
RIP Sylvanas... SJW's won...
Metzen's 12 year old daughter asked why daddy objectified women. He had to change the model.
Yeah I read that... she said something like 'Why are they all in their bathing suits?' He should have replied, "Because they look sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy!!!" in his Elite Tauren Chieftain voice.

Seethe

Arbiter
There's a rumor about how Legion will be the last expo made by Blizzard. Is this true?

Revenant

There's a rumor about how Legion will be the last expo made by Blizzard. Is this true?
I very much doubt it. As long as the game provides high revenue (and it does), Blizzard will keep churning out expacs, every one shittier than the one before. I can see WoW being the king of MMOs for at least 5 more years, so this means we should see at least 2 expansions after Legion.

Revenant

I'm already thinking of preordering it lololol agawd someone kill me
There's nothing shameful about playing WoW if you are into competitive skill-based MMO PvP (what game has a better system? Maybe Guild Wars 2, but WoW is much more popular, hence more events and popularity in general). However, aside from that, there is barely anything interesting left in the game... I'm looking forward to class orders though, that should add a lot of single player content and make use of those 10+ alts everyone seems to have nowadays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom