Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

abija

Prophet
Still nothing close to high end pve raiding on the market.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll be d1playing a demon hunter if I'm able. Blood Elf.

Male.

Completely missed WoD, but I do enjoy playing until I've tried each instance at least a few times. If 5mans are actually interesting (Cata at launch had a few I really liked, MoP not so much. Really would like some non-linear, giant 5mans ala BRD) I might stay subbed for a decent amount of time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a rumor about how Legion will be the last expo made by Blizzard. Is this true?
Considering WoW has the largest number of employees working on it than it ever has, I doubt it. Surely we'd see some layoffs before anything like that happened. Numbers are down but they still make a ton of money in exchange for very little effort.

competitive skill-based MMO PvP
First triple oxymoron I've ever seen.

Revenant

First triple oxymoron I've ever seen.
I think you misunderstood what "skill-based" means. It means choosing from a wide variety of skills, so maybe the term "ability-based" would be more appropriate.

Naraya

Arcane
Well, in my opinion nothing comes close to Guild Wars PvP in terms of required skill. And that's one of the reasons I never got very successful in it :) However - doing Random Arenas was extremely fun back in the heyday of GW, before ANet started to mess around with skills etc.

Zetor

Arcane
IMO the high-point of WOW pvp was early BC: large variety of builds and skills, no huge gear gap, etc. The fact that it's still popular/competitive is much more an indictment of pvp in other MMOs - GW1 excepted - than a testament to the awesomeness of WOW pvp... and honestly, the gear-focused nature of it has always been pretty terrible (vanilla was probably the worst in this regard).

Example of something WOW did right: responsiveness. I played WOW on a west coast server from central europe (500+ ping), and pvp still felt a whole lot more responsive than, say, SWTOR (where I'm getting sub-200 ping). Sure, I couldn't do shit like interrupt sub-1sec cast time spells and I'd lose the WSG flag-clicking competition vs anyone from the US, but it still felt fun and mostly fair -- if I used a skill, it would actually go off when I expected it to. Things like client-side prediction, lag mitigation via skill queuing etc. help a lot, and many of those are noticable even if you just have 100 ping.

Revenant

Have you tried the arena at all, Metro? World PvP OFC can't be competitive, if that's what you're trying to talk about.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The more you try to justify your popamole addiction the worse it gets.

Divinity: Original Sin 2
PvP is crap anyway.

I'm not buying controler to play MW monk (channel? what channel? it's a passive!), or DPS as two-spec healer (specs? what specs? you can do whatever you want after you level up grind your kewl weapons!)
Waiting for PTR, but will probably do what I did in Cata - sell account.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I know it's not allowed I'm just surprised people still pay money for WoW accounts.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The strange abomination Blizzard is selling these days has a thinly spread populace which makes it feel like a poor quality single-player RPG. You're always alone unless you're in some instanced shit, which is not how an MMO should work. It's got a mix of graphics styles which clash with each other. Its systems are dumbed down, even if you never thought such a feat was possible. Oh you have a flying mount? Well you need a different flying mount to FLY OVER THERE.

Vanilla WoW is the only WoW. Nostalrius 4 lyfe!

Israfael

Arcane
They basically pay for time - some very rare and :obviously: achievements are either impossible to get (like realm firsts, Cutting Edges, even simple AoTCs), or very hard (like battle master etc), or simply time consuming. Some mounts have 1% drop chance per week or even less, so having invincible/mimiron/horseman/TCG mounts automatically adds price on your account. Although there's one thing that the buyers usually don't know - the original owner can easily return it back to him if he sends his ID and other personal data to blizzard.

Israfael

Arcane
The strange abomination Blizzard is selling these days has a thinly spread populace which makes it feel like a poor quality single-player RPG. You're always alone unless you're in some instanced shit, which is not how an MMO should work. It's got a mix of graphics styles which clash with each other. Its systems are dumbed down, even if you never thought such a feat was possible. Oh you have a flying mount? Well you need a different flying mount to FLY OVER THERE.

Vanilla WoW is the only WoW. Nostalrius 4 lyfe!
If you play on huge servers (not sure about the US, but Ravencrest-EU, Silvermoon-EU, Kazzak/Twisting Nether/Draenor), there's too much people around, especially around the raid entrance - fps goes down the drainer even on a top-end gpus and overclocked CPUs

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
World of DiabloCraft

Legion - Legendary World Drops
The Legion alpha added the legendary world drops that were mentioned at Blizzcon. So far, all we know:

• Rare world drops, but not fully random. There will be ways to target specific items.
  • Powerful throughout the expansion. When you get one, you will want to keep it for the entire expansion.
  • Role, class, and spec based effects on the items.
lg73DCH.jpg

There's a list of 30-40 of these new 'legendaries' on the front page of mmo-champion. ilevel 940, all with unique/wacky on-equip effects.

Last edited:

Zetor

Arcane
I, for one, look forward to farming my notKrol Blade at notTyr's Hand. Though at least there won't be any competition from gold farmers this time around...

e: actually looking at the "legendaries", they look pretty crazy and playstyle-altering, even considering that the numbers / ICDs / etc aren't final. I'm sure raiders are delighted that random people getting lucky with legendary RNG will be able to perform far better than them... ditto with pvp (lol).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom