Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the definition of rpgcodex?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Guys I was showning my fellow aspies at Stormfront my fursuit (plus size) and I was wondering what's the best way to tuck my dick?

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sorcerer's Place said:
RPG Codex

RPG Codex is a fan site for single-player PC RPGs. There’s no coverage at all of any MMORPGs or console RPGs on the site. They cover anything from more hardcore RPGs like Fallout or Planescape: Torment to action RPGs like Sacred or Diablo II to hack’n’slash games like Temple of Elemental Evil or Silent Storm (which is essentially a dungeon crawler set in World War II) and even a bunch of games they don’t even like that much. They're somewhat infamous for their nearly unique point of view on BioWare’s smash hit Neverwinter Nights, that point of view being that it sucks. They simply have more strict criteria for what a good RPG is than most sites out there.

Every day, they bring you as much RPG news as they possibly can. They scour the Internet looking for relevant and interesting newsbits to bring to their readers and also offer a healthy dose of commentary as well. If something big happens in the RPG world, you can read about it at the RPG Codex. Besides that, you can count on the Codex to bring you information about titles you’d never hear about on bigger sites. They’re all real big fans of the independent CRPG scene and are dedicated to supporting share- and freeware games by letting people know about them. If Jeff Vogel of Spiderweb Games has a new title out, they’ll let you know. If a hot Rogue-like just got a big update, you can read about it on the RPG Codex.

They feature a number of chunks of content ranging from traditional reviews and interviews to occasional developer chats and the odd contest. Their dedication to promoting indie games shows here, too. You’re just as likely to find an interview or review of a shareware RPG like Escape Velocity Nova as you are to find out what we thought of Knights of the Old Republic. Another great source of information is their forums. Some of the biggest names in the CRPG industry like to drop by their boards for a discussion, including people like Feargus Urquhart (Obsidian Entertainment), Tim Cain (Troika Games), David Gaider (BioWare Corp.) and J.E. Sawyer (Midway). They also get lower-profile (though no less talented) developers dropping by. For instance, they host forums for Zero Sum’s Prelude to Darkness and Wolf Mittag’s Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome where anyone can ask questions and have them directly answered by the developers. Not only that, their forum regulars are pretty darn sharp, too. Also, if you want to know anything about a given game, check out their extensive games database. They keep records on every game they cover as well as the companies who make them and some developers who particularly stand out--usually the ones who come visit their forums.

So if you want up-to-date dirt on RPGs and some intelligent and heated discussion of said RPGs, stop by the RPG Codex.

Life before Oblivion.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I love it when the codex is accused of being bigoted and misogynist, even though we have a Jew, a homosexual and a woman among the most significant staff members. The head admin is even an Australian FFS!

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
r·p·g co·dex [ar-pee-gee koh-deks]
noun
  1. A wretched hive of scum and villainy.
  2. A place that is for fags.
  3. Something that is going down the toilet.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Literally one of the hells in the Internet. This is an internet forum for the discussion of anything that's related to role-playing games but just like most internet forums, they can deviate from that and discuss other things. However, most of the members of that particular forum seems to hate pretty much everything, say curse words all the time, accuse fictional characters of being things that they dislike, and regularly use racist or antisemitic words all the time. Even the moderators are pretty terrible as they also seem to unable to stop the insanity of the forums and they sometimes even join in the racism, cursing and trolling. Overall, the place is one of the literal hells of the Internet. Seriously, it's on par with youtube comments, gamefaqs message boards and comic book resources in terms of stupidity and insanity.
What's the definition of the word rpgcodex?

Nonsense. Didn't the latest poll show a result of a fairly large population of left-leaning members? This place is full of diversity. From hateful scumbags to bleeding hearts and apathetic basement kings.** It's just that the people who are not racist, misogynist, homophobic, etc. don't generally make, you know, racist, misogynist or homophobic posts. So you don't count those on your idiotic anti-Codex tally sheet. Anybody who's spent any REAL time here knows how diverse it is. As much of a left-leaning progressive as I am I actually love how terrible this place can be. The world is fucking terrible. Don't lets pretend its not with moderators making everybody fucking hug each other ffs.

**And trannies, of course.

DraQ

Arcane
I love it when the codex is accused of being bigoted and misogynist, even though we have a Jew, a homosexual and a woman among the most significant staff members. The head admin is even an Australian FFS!
We also had a black moderator, several fairly respected transsexuals, some relatively respected furries and so on.

The RPGCodex has protected groups?
Yes, Codex's protected group is people who are difficult to butthurt due to not giving a fuck.

If you have something interesting to say and don't give a fuck, codex will eventually respect you even if you're a gay black jew who is also a morbidly obese tranny and into fursuiting, because use of slurs on the Codex is, as far as I have noticed, pretty much purely instrumental - if it incites butthurt, it will be used.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Feels good to be part of a protected group.
Edit: What do you mean, I have to move into a protection camp for my safety?

Ninjerk

Arcane

Fitting this place is run by a criminal.

No Great Name

Arcane
... even if you're a gay black jew who is also a morbidly obese tranny and into fursuiting, ...
Can such a combination of traits exist in a single person without said person spontaneously combusting?

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
There is even straight white males in this forum, just imagine that. when others accuse the codex of being a hateful place, it means the codex associate himself with hateful people. Choosing diversity friendly disgenic people as staff, mods, or closing the off-topic forums is not going to cut it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom