Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's up with quoting media?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Is that big space below the video necessary?

Why you so good to us?

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Where else do you think the encrypted alien communications for taking over this world will fit? In-between frames like in Contact? Psshaw!

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
<div style="overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%">

It doesn't make any sense at all.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you're using stylish, try this rule as a workaround.

Code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.rpgcodex.net") {
  .bbCodeQuote iframe, .bbCodeQuote [data-s9e-mediaembed], .bbCodeQuote object, .bbCodeQuote embed {
  max-height: unset;
  max-width: unset;
  }
}

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

9EIzKSD.png

It's specifically this rule that makes it weird, as this max isn't properly propagated to all parts of the quoted object.
line 273 in css.php.
Code:
  .bbCodeQuote iframe, .bbCodeQuote [data-s9e-mediaembed],
   .bbCodeQuote object,
   .bbCodeQuote embed
   {
     max-width: 200px;
     max-height: 150px;
   }

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've put Hirato's code in the main css file, so hopefully that hasn't COMPLETELY FUCKED EVERYTHING UP.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Can you inject that CSS any earlier?
Or preferably comment out the rule it's overriding?

I'm not familiar enough with CSS to know its order of precedence - the internets say the latter one should override the former, but for whatever reason this doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
I had another look, it seems there's 2 css.php files being loaded.
My override loads as part of the first css.php file, whereas the one we want overridden loads in a second file named css.php, which would definitely explain why it seems to be ignored.

EDIT, actually there's 3 css.php files
The first names itself xenforo.css at the top (where override is),
the second as attachment_editor.css (where the rule we want to override is),
and the third as editor_contents.css

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
In actual fact there are several CSS files, they're all loaded dynamically through css.php depending on what's needed on the page.

All I need to know is the bit that's causing the issue and I can find it. But my own css skills boil down to: seriously can't be fucked bug-hunting what's ultimately a poorly designed system in the first place.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
In actual fact there are several CSS files, they're all loaded dynamically through css.php depending on what's needed on the page.

All I need to know is the bit that's causing the issue and I can find it. But my own css skills boil down to: seriously can't be fucked bug-hunting what's ultimately a poorly designed system in the first place.

As per my first post in this thread, the bad rule is this one:
Code:
  .bbCodeQuote iframe, .bbCodeQuote [data-s9e-mediaembed],
   .bbCodeQuote object,
   .bbCodeQuote embed
   {
     max-width: 200px;
     max-height: 150px;
   }

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom