Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline When I was 9.... DISCUSS!!!11

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I was 9 when Fallout came out and spent new years eve 97 playing it with my friends. I remember we were sneaking around in the lower levels of the cathedral in robes despite the fact that we were all complete shits at English then.
And nowadays when I try to introduce it to friends, the fuckers can't even get to Shady Sands.

Also, later our parents got really shitfaced and nearly killed me with fireworks when they took us out of the kids' room at midnight. Good times.

Divinity: Original Sin
When i was 9, maniac mansion was released... but i didn't play games at all, and lots of my friends had an atari 2600 and i coudn't care less about it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I was 9 when System Shock 2 came out.

I played the shit out of it and got as far as the Rickenbacker iirc, knowing only a precious few words of inglese.

Turns out I was 10 when Warcraft 3 came out, which means I was 9 when:
september-9-11-attacks-anniversary-ground-zero-world-trade-center-pentagon-flight-93-second-airplane-wtc_39997_600x450.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
When I was nine I had no idea what the fuck came out because I still had a Spectrum clone and got tapes with 10 games on them from market stands near tomato and potato vendors.

Sonus

Educated
When I was 9, I saw the arrival of Asteroids and Galaxian in the candy store in the same shopping center where my father worked as a barber, heh.

Tangentially, the movies I saw in the theater were Alien, The Muppet Movie, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Rocky II, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Moonraker, and was hearing about Apocalypse Now, and The Rose, Kramer vs. Kramer, The Electric Horseman, The Black Hole, Dracula, The Jerk, and Tess.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am 9.

Edit: I checked games released in 1995 and I didn't care for any of em.

I don't think I ever played a video game at age 9.

Last edited:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
When I was 9, pinball was all the rage. You ever tried to play an RPG on a pinball machine? If you did, you would know what hardcore RPGs are all about!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This was released when I was 9 (in limited quantities as it's wider release was in 1980). Though living on the other side of the country from where it was being sold meant I never got to play it "back in the day":

250px-Akalabeth_box.JPG

You children make me feel olddddddddddddd! :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom