Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline When I was 9.... DISCUSS!!!11

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Reapa said:
idiot... playing like RPGs I like is what makes an RPG a good RPG.
so you understood :smug: I'm proud of you.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
both, i have to admit that it was more fun walking around skyrim than it is walking around in this game.

OP is confirmed piece of shit/dumbfuck/douchebag/steam forum user.

EDIT: inb4 "Nobody cares yadda yadda..."

Arkeus

Arcane
Tell me about level scaling. Specifically, DOS' implementation thereof, how it benefits the game and how it compares to the likes of Wiz8 or Oblivion.
..But there is no level scaling in D:OS. We have constantly people managing to do the quests in the 'wrong orders', and it's not a question of 'mages' either, as people using non-mages do it too.

The only level scaling in D:OS is non-handplaced loot is scaled to your level (hand-placed one is not).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
..But there is no level scaling in D:OS. We have constantly people managing to do the quests in the 'wrong orders', and it's not a question of 'mages' either, as people using non-mages do it too.

The only level scaling in D:OS is non-handplaced loot is scaled to your level (hand-placed one is not).
Yes, I think it is also stated in the manual (or some interview?) that there is no level scailing regarding the enemies. Who says otherwise is a moron who doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

as if there were any handplaced loot

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Yes, I think it is also stated in the manual (or some interview?) that there is no level scailing regarding the enemies. Who says otherwise is a moron who doesn't know what s/he is talking about.
who said anything about level scaling enemies?

made

Arcane
..But there is no level scaling in D:OS.

loot is scaled to your level

Those statements are mutually exclusive.

Anyway, if mobs don't scale but the loot they drop does, does it mean if you kill a lvl 20 dragon at lvl 1 he'll still drop only 1 copper coin and a rusted sword? And what's the ratio of hand-placed to random loot?

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Anyway, if mobs don't scale but the loot they drop does, does it mean if you kill a lvl 20 dragon at lvl 1 he'll still drop only 1 copper coin and a rusted sword? And what's the ratio of hand-placed to random loot?
i wouldn't count quest items as hand placed loot.

Arkeus

Arcane
as if there were any handplaced loot
Baccus Rex's axe says hello.
No they aren't exclusive.

Well, first it's fairly common to get loot that's over your level- so killing a lvl20 dragons when you are level 1 will probably drop level 20 things. The 'scaled to your level' loot is the merchants, not the drops from enemies, i should have been clearer.

hand-placed loot is fairly rare (mostly spells and scrolls, but also some weapons).

made

Arcane
Chests, containers, enemy encounters. This is supposedly modeled after Ultima; Ultima had hand-placed container loot and randomized monster drops ims (with a pre-generated loot table for every enemy type).

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Baccus Rex's axe says hello.
No they aren't exclusive.

Well, first it's fairly common to get loot that's over your level- so killing a lvl20 dragons when you are level 1 will probably drop level 20 things. The 'scaled to your level' loot is the merchants, not the drops from enemies, i should have been clearer.

hand-placed loot is fairly rare (mostly spells and scrolls, but also some weapons).
please post stats on axe from different sources.

Lol, this game has cool-downs, yet P:E gets criticized for it?? nvm, everything can be forgiven just because it's turn-based.

Arkeus

Arcane
please post stats on axe from different sources.
Ok, those are stats from another unique drop that you can gain as long as you are in an area where lvl13 enemies can spawn:
cmK4GQ7.png

Sword.png

I sadly don't have any screenshots about the AXE from other sources, but as you can see unique weapons are the same regardless.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Ok, those are stats from another unique drop that you can gain as long as you are in an area where lvl13 enemies can spawn:
cmK4GQ7.png

Sword.png

I sadly don't have any screenshots about the AXE from other sources, but as you can see unique weapons are the same regardless.
so the sword is random loot with same stats? how is that hand placed? also how am i supposed to know these are different sources?

Arkeus

Arcane
so the sword is random loot with same stats? how is that hand placed?
This show that unique items have the same stats, /and can be gotten when you are more than one level below the item/.

also how am i supposed to know these are different sources?
By noticing the above picture has 2-men and 2-women in the party, while mine has 3 women and Jahan. Also utterly different stats on Madora (i don't think you can respec henchmen, and mine, which is a level lower, has glass canon).

TL;DR: you are the only one imagining that it has any form of item scaling, and while i am a sucker enough to provide with proof that it doesn't, the burden on proof should be on you showing it has level scaling.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
This show that unique items have the same stats, /and can be gotten when you are more than one level below the item/.

By noticing the above picture has 2-men and 2-women in the party, while mine has 3 women and Jahan. Also utterly different stats on Madora (i don't think you can respec henchmen, and mine, which is a level lower, has glass canon).

TL;DR: you are the only one imagining that it has any form of item scaling, and while i am a sucker enough to provide with proof that it doesn't, the burden on proof should be on you showing it has level scaling.
well i guess if some unique items aren't level scaled no items are level scaled :facepalm: (why can't i find the facepalm smiley when i need it?)
also if you are in an area of a certain level and you get lucky you can get hand placed loot :facepalm:
also as the one who stated the thread i do not need to deliver evidence, it is up to the others to contradict me if they can.

Arkeus

Arcane
well i guess if some unique items aren't level scaled no items are level scaled :facepalm: (why can't i find the facepalm smiley when i need it?)
also if you are in an area of a certain level and you get lucky you can get hand placed loot :facepalm:
also as the one who stated the thread i do not need to deliver evidence, it is up to the others to contradict me if they can.
I... Sorry, i had forgotten you were just trolling. You are good.

Perkel

Arcane
IIRC people are confusing random loot with scaling.
There is no scaling to loot or enemies in game.

What is scaling is crafting stuff (logical), skills.

You may test it. New game go to cysael go to near legionare barracks gate, go to mill outside. There is a chest and in this chest there will be lvl 5-7 loot.
I also recently gone back to West of cysael and opened up chest and voila lvl 4 gear where i am lvl 11

edit:

if anything loot is scaled to area not characters

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom