Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
We wanted to delay it, initially with Roxor's own approval (...)
Darth Roxor
I assume you can confirm that?
Likely he did, but I doubt he agreed to wait forever for Grunker/VD while his review was already submitted. People write content for it to get posted. There was no reason for it to not get posted right away once it was realized that Grunker or VD had complications.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roxor's PoE review was never going to be spiked.
Because there was no valid reason. The best case scenario was to not make it the first featured one, since that's what's deemed "official". The agenda is so plain that the one review featured in the Steam curator is Prime Cunta's.

I don't really care about labels like "official". But I also don't relish drama for its own sake. Posting VD and Grunker's negative-but-fair review (which is what it was clearly shaping up to be) instead of Roxor's revenge piece would have saved us all hundreds of pages of recriminations and heartburn, and it's a shame it didn't come to pass. It wasn't going to be a "shill review".

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Darth Roxor

No, this was Infinitron trying to use every ace up his sleeve to delay the review while he was going haywire. The keyword here is initially, and the initially was when I first started writing the review, back when I thought VD and the grunk were almost at the end of writing theirs and would be finished as shortly as within a week of me. After I posted the review, however, I said no such thing, especially considering that everyone (except Infinitron, that master prankster) said it ought to be posted ASAP, and even VD said that his review would probably have to be changed accordingly to accomodate and reply to some of the stuff I've written.

Cadmus

Arcane
Roxor's review was gonna get rekt by Infinitron, that much I can remember. Excuses included "it's not a review, it's a rant!!" and it was Infinitron's doing. So yeah, he wanted some Obsidian cock.

"Submit the content yourself if you're dissatisfied" I don't speck english but that don't mean I can't tell if Prime Fuckface's review is crap or not. Bullshit excuse.

Demanding Infinitron to apologize over retarded inexile publishers is ridiculous, as DU rightly said. Fuck them and fuck everybody who wants a prime coverage of retarded events for retarded nerds. I don't give a shit if I'm not able to read the next codex interview with MCA #3234 "WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING TORMENT?? ISN'T SKYRIM SHIT? HAHA!!" Who cares.

What I want are fun, indepth and critical reviews or opinion pieces being posted in the news with no restrictions.

The PoE situation showed that Infi is hungry for developer cum or at the very least feels embarassed by the goi making fun of the super-serious developer kings, guess he really wants to work for them or just feels we should be taken seriously or I don't know, but something stinks.

The only solution to all this is to nuke Prime Cunta's account.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Darth Roxor

Also, do note the "we" in "we wanted to delay it". The "we" encompasses the 'Tron and Crooked Bee, who never even said anything in the thread itself, because she was away for sth and only operating on our dear chief editor's PMs saying that I've gone off the deep end and that it definitely has to be delayed for her to check first because OY VEY! Everyone else (except Grunker who never voiced an opinion) wanted it to be posted asap. Everyone.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
So
t3_1oj4e7

confirmed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roxor, clearly I was wrong about wanting to postpone the review once it became clear that VD and Grunker weren't going to come through. DU said that, therefore it's true.

However, at no point was I stopping any of the other staff from posting it. My postponement consisted of not wanting to post it myself for a few days, during which anybody could have done it. That's what happens when people get used to the idea that Infinitron does everything.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Come on, Scooby Jew, I see you
pretending you've got a sliver

But you're not fooling me, cause I can see
the way you shake and shiver

You know we've got a mystery to solve so Scooby Jew
be ready for your act
Don't hold back!

And Scooby Jew if you come through you're gonna have
yourself a
Scooby Snack!
That's a fact!

Scooby Dooby Jew, where are you
You're ready and you're willing

If we can count on you Scooby Jew
I know we'll catch that villain

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Roxor, I was wrong about wanting to postpone the review once it became clear that VD and Grunker weren't going to come through.

However, at no point was I stopping any of the other staff from posting it. My postponement consisted of not wanting to post it myself when anybody could have done it. That's what happens when people get used to the idea that Infinitron does everything.

Oh yes, mein herr, you definitely dindu nuffin.

Y5XeLu.png

Fs1g1m.png

IhsmfB.png

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
And just as he's free to post his opinion, others are free to post theirs. Even pond scum like Prime Junta who require us to scrub the forum with A-Grade disinfectant and call in a de-contamination team after their every visit.
If it's really true then how about you allow your staff to post content without Infinitron's/CB's approval, if it's shit we can all laugh. Because as it is Infinitron can delay reviews he doesn't like even when EVERYONE in the Codex staff want it published. That doesn't look free to me. You're also saying that "this is a community site, not a professional gaming rag" so why the delays to proofread and shill edit?

Also:
I don't really care about labels like "official". But I also don't relish drama for its own sake. Posting VD and Grunker's negative-but-fair review (which is what it was clearly shaping up to be) instead of Roxor's revenge piece would have saved us all hundreds of pages of recriminations and heartburn, and it's a shame it didn't come to pass. It wasn't going to be a "shill review".
This doesn't look free to me either (or honest).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Darth Roxor Other than the "unhinged lunatic" trash-talking, I sound more reasonable there than I expected. +M

Where's the contradiction, though? Maybe you should pull out the part where VoD was saying he was going to post the review and was clearly ready to nuke my ass if I tried to stop him, and I said something like "I have no intention of starting an edit war over this".

We say all sorts of shit behind the scenes, man. You weren't meant to be a party to that conversation and you took it way too seriously, like I was trying to purge you. Remember how not so long after the PoE drama was over, I personally approached you to do the Shadowrun: Hong Kong review? Some purge.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What would VentilatorOfDoom have to say about his stoic teuton brother being ousted by the machinations of der jude.
Sad.

As far as I can surmise from the review thread in the content forum the disagreement was about "pre-medieval" (instead of post-apoc) in a single sentence.
Infinitron didn't change it. Quitting Codex over this seems excessive but what do I know.
Perhaps it was just the trigger and the true reason was something else. Maybe he just doesn't like that he couldn't overrule Infinitron. Giving Bubbles editorial authority over such things would be OK with me btw.
I volunteer to add something like [red.: AoD has a post-apocalyptic setting, not a pre-medieval one] to the review if this helps.

Prime Junta

It already happened more or less. Sure as hell ain't getting bubbles content in the front page ever again.

Because Infinitron made him do it. :eyeroll:

The content forum should have been made public the day his manipulations against roxor were leaked in site feedback.

DU comes here with this larping bullshit about muhcommunity while a special circle under him rules over content.

Anyone leaking stuff from the content forum ought to have been kicked off it, stat. Back channels are necessary, and if you can't keep a lid on it, you have no business being on one.

Prime Junta

I volunteer to add something like [red.: AoD has a post-apocalyptic setting, not a pre-medieval one] to the review if this helps.

Jesus christ people. From the ITS puff piece (emphasis mine):

The Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire.

So it is both pre-medieval and post-apocalyptic. However in the context of a Tyranny review, there's no point to point out that it is post-apoc, whereas the fact that it's pre-medieval is a curiosity at least.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Darth Roxor's "self-ejection" in 3...2...1...
Roxor, I was wrong about wanting to postpone the review once it became clear that VD and Grunker weren't going to come through.

However, at no point was I stopping any of the other staff from posting it. My postponement consisted of not wanting to post it myself when anybody could have done it. That's what happens when people get used to the idea that Infinitron does everything.

Oh yes, mein herr, you definitely dindu nuffin.
Y5XeLu.png

Fs1g1m.png

IhsmfB.png
It was nice knowing you DR. :salute:
[URL=http://imgbox.com/Ko599B6w]
[/url]

Cadmus

Arcane
Rofl dont be a baby Cunta, people leaking your shit review at least prepared you for its reception. its not even leaking, its just a shit review by a retarded nerd, not some government data ffs

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Other than the "unhinged lunatic" trash-talking, I sound more reasonable there than I expected.
Reasonable? You sound like you live in your own made up world with ponies jerking off rainbow-colored elephants. "It's not a 50-50"? To think that it's not 50-50 is some kind of medically disturbing erotomania for obshitian cock. You're delusional like actually mentally ill people. You're mentally fucked.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Best way to settle this is someone making a review trashing Tranny (not very difficult) and we pretend Prima Cunta never existed (he's already in my Wall of Shame).

Also, change Infinitron tag to "Inevitably Successful in Some Circumstances".

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see a lot of people defending Bubbles and while I did enjoy his Fallout 4 review, I cannot forgive him for praising SCL and getting too many people here thinking the game is anything but a total trainwreck.
Now that he is gone, we can all go back to "Everything is shit" mantra +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom