Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where to get information on new games

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Since I recently realized that most of my old info sources are dead (wargamer.com combatsim.com simhq.com etc are all going down). Right now I have only the Flare Path and browsing in Steam right now. I was also a bit incredulous when I realized that gamershell still exists. But I really need better sources of information on new games.

With that I mean PC games not the gaming magazines where they have flip flopped and now cover console games. I dont give a shit if a game runs on a PC but still is a console game. Back in the day we used top call them popamole. I mean games like the Witcher 3 where you spend 70% of the time waiting for cutscenes - this crap don't interest me at all.

Anyway I could use some tips. Or have the gamers dispersed and this is really the long predicted end of gaming.

Jokzore

Arbiter
I just find a list of releases like the one Giant Bomb has and go through it, if something catches my eye i youtube it or see if someone is streaming it. Don't really give a shit what gaem jurnalizm people have to say about it.

If its a RPG Infinitron probably already has a thread about it, just stalk him.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Bluedrake42 mostly plays and reviews combat/military sims, but it's a youtube channel not a website.
You forgot to mention gay jokes, cock sucking 24/h hard on toward devs (when he's chatting with them), terrible skill (act like a dicky pr0 but suck like a dev/game journol).
And overall insufferable attitude and personality.

Basically - youtube channels can go fuck off.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
There are no good gaming websites, they all devolve into ad filled crapfests peddling nothing but mainstream shit. Occasionally some token indie darling will get mentioned, but there are a million others which never get mentioned. There really needs to be a better way to keep up to date with gaming releases. I have a contact who gives me great information on new releases and probably covers about 90% of stuff that is released each day, but there should be a website that does something similar.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Bluedrake42 mostly plays and reviews combat/military sims, but it's a youtube channel not a website.
You forgot to mention gay jokes, cock sucking 24/h hard on toward devs (when he's chatting with them), terrible skill (act like a dicky pr0 but suck like a dev/game journol).
And overall insufferable attitude and personality.

Basically - youtube channels can go fuck off.

Ah ok, I pass then.
Having to endure 1 obnoxious shill like Infinitron is already enough, I dont need more.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I like to browse through PCGamer's website every now and then. I think it's decent when it comes to objective reporting, and it's PC-oriented, all my needs are covered.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Since I recently realized that most of my old info sources are dead (wargamer.com combatsim.com simhq.com etc are all going down). Right now I have only the Flare Path and browsing in Steam right now. I was also a bit incredulous when I realized that gamershell still exists. But I really need better sources of information on new games.

With that I mean PC games not the gaming magazines where they have flip flopped and now cover console games. I dont give a shit if a game runs on a PC but still is a console game. Back in the day we used top call them popamole. I mean games like the Witcher 3 where you spend 70% of the time waiting for cutscenes - this crap don't interest me at all.

Anyway I could use some tips. Or have the gamers dispersed and this is really the long predicted end of gaming.
There's nothing out there worth talking about any more.
Just feel the silence surrounding fallout 4. or TToN. Even here. Even loverslab is empty on fallout 4. AAA is dead. Kickstarter flopped. Indie is only after the money (battle brothers was released with cut simulation). There are 2 major Roguelikes in the make (Cogmind and Caves of Qud) but will take forever to get released and could flop any time.
Our only hope right now is Cleveland Mark Blakemore with Grimoire which has been Greenlit but i wouldn't be surprised if at release it just wont work and microissues turn out to be major issues like incompatibility with windows.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There's nothing out there worth talking about any more.
Just feel the silence surrounding fallout 4. or TToN. Even here. Even loverslab is empty on fallout 4. AAA is dead. Kickstarter flopped. Indie is only after the money (battle brothers was released with cut simulation). There are 2 major Roguelikes in the make (Cogmind and Caves of Qud) but will take forever to get released and could flop any time.
Our only hope right now is Cleveland Mark Blakemore with Grimoire which has been Greenlit but i wouldn't be surprised if at release it just wont work and microissues turn out to be major issues like incompatibility with windows.

"Doom Preacher" indeed.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I go to gamebanshee atleast twice a week, I like bluedrake 42, M1nder for day z stuff, a lot of times I'll just go to google and type in "upcoming RPGs" or something. Sometimes I'll go to twitter and read developer stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom