Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which game made you give up on Bioware?

The game that made me quit Bioware forever was...

• Total voters

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Inquisition.

I thought now they have enough tine and resource, it would be good. It woukd be DA:O again.

Aaah i miss how to be naive. Still that was 60 bucks i will never earn back

Cael

Arcane
Inquisition, only bioware game I bought at release lol what a retard, I skipped everything after ME2 and thought the complaints about DA2 were just about the SJW shit which I can stomach if there's a DA:O type of game underneath it, had no idea they just made a single player mmo, played it once, pure and utter shite.
Err... DA2's complaints were legion. Bad combat design, teleporting enemies, railroading, psychotic storyline, a ton of things that didn't even relate to each other but more of a "that sounds like a good idea, let's throw it in", lazy reused stuff everywhere, incredibly badly written NPCs, the list goes on and on.

The SJW crap wasn't even on the top 10 of DA2's idiocy...

TC Jr

Scholar
Inquisition, only bioware game I bought at release lol what a retard, I skipped everything after ME2 and thought the complaints about DA2 were just about the SJW shit which I can stomach if there's a DA:O type of game underneath it, had no idea they just made a single player mmo, played it once, pure and utter shite.
Err... DA2's complaints were legion. Bad combat design, teleporting enemies, railroading, psychotic storyline, a ton of things that didn't even relate to each other but more of a "that sounds like a good idea, let's throw it in", lazy reused stuff everywhere, incredibly badly written NPCs, the list goes on and on.

I know, at that time though I wasn't really paying attention to new releases or gaming in general tbh, so I just saw brief snippets, same with ME3 and the ending controversy, obviously there's probably a shit ton more problems but that's all I could remember so thought to myself "Hey, Inquisition can't be that bad", like the naive prick I am.

Cael

Arcane

I know, at that time though I wasn't really paying attention to new releases or gaming in general tbh, so I just saw brief snippets, same with ME3 and the ending controversy, obviously there's probably a shit ton more problems but that's all I could remember so thought to myself "Hey, Inquisition can't be that bad", like the naive prick I am.
*facepalm* Off to the burning lakes of lava with you until you learn your lesson!

:D

PorkBarrellGuy

Neverwinter Nights OC was really, really terrible, but what convinced me that Bioware was heading from mediocrity to straight-up shit was Dragon Age 2.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
How does everyone rate ME1 btw? I enjoyed it but the gameplay was a bit eh, preferred it over KotoR + ME2

The best of the series, tho that's not a very high bar. Me1 had its share of problems like ridiculously reused assets, pointless "exploration" and those problems were fixed in me2, but they dumbed the game down even further and the plot went from decent to full retard. Never played ME3, but seems like a total turd so why bother.

RepHope

Savant
How does everyone rate ME1 btw? I enjoyed it but the gameplay was a bit eh, preferred it over KotoR + ME2
It's loved more for what it promised than what it actually did. The companions are little more than walking encyclopedia entries, one of the few things the sequels did better. That said Saren is one of the best antagonists Bioware has ever had, the OST is perfect, and the art design is on point.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Garrus, that's how much you liked him.
Also, dialogues with companions were pretty dissapointing when I actually tried to care. No real relationship grow, the game just puts you on the path to "bro dudes" and don't care if you like it or not. They aren't allowing you to even hate someone.

TC Jr

Scholar
It's loved more for what it promised than what it actually did. The companions are little more than walking encyclopedia entries, one of the few things the sequels did better. That said Saren is one of the best antagonists Bioware has ever had, the OST is perfect, and the art design is on point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhrbK254yRE yeah the soundtrack was great. Can't really argue with anyone regarding the decline but for what it is, AAA RPG, better than the rest for me.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Pre-ordered Dragon Age Inquisition because I was excited for the series to get back on track.

Instead, I got an obnoxious single-player MMO and a squad of SJW abominations.

At this point, I went from "Bioware makes decent gameplay and shit writing" to "Bioware is shit and should be disbanded".

A few years later they released a single-player MMO Ass Defect Androgyny, the retards in MSM decided to arbitrarily notice how horrid it was (despite giving shill-accolades to Inquisition which is just as horrible), and part of Bioware got shut down by the Evil Assholes Inc.

Still waiting for the rest of it to get disbanded. I will see the day when Bioare joins Black Isle in oblivion.

TC Jr

Scholar
Pre-ordered Dragon Age Inquisition because I was excited for the series to get back on track.

Instead, I got an obnoxious single-player MMO and a squad of SJW abominations.

At this point, I went from "Bioware makes decent gameplay and shit writing" to "Bioware is shit and should be disbanded".

A few years later they released a single-player MMO Ass Defect Androgyny, the retards in MSM decided to arbitrarily notice how horrid it was (despite giving shill-accolades to Inquisition which is just as horrible), and part of Bioware got shut down by the Evil Assholes Inc.

Still waiting for the rest of it to get disbanded. I will see the day when Bioare joins Black Isle in oblivion.
Thought you lot were all about forgiveness? blessed be Jehovah

I thought it had potential. It did capture something of a space-opera TV show feel, but the mechanics were poor. If they'd built on the mechanics and pushed the series into more meaningful RPG territory it could have been the best thing they did since the Infinity Engine days, but they decided to turn the series into a class-based shooter instead. Also the writing in the first game was relatively restrained and on point by Bioware standards; they slouched back into their usual bad habits in the sequels.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Where did you get the idea that DA:I would be a return to form from? You should never trust companies' self-promotion after they've shat on you.

Sykar

Arcane
Garrus, that's how much you liked him.
Also, dialogues with companions were pretty dissapointing when I actually tried to care. No real relationship grow, the game just puts you on the path to "bro dudes" and don't care if you like it or not. They aren't allowing you to even hate someone.

Yeah could not be a mistype since G and V are not next to each other. Oh wait...

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Mass Effect 2 because it was such a clear and present decline over Mass Effect 1, but if I had played DA:O first I would have already lost faith.

Cael

Arcane
You want space opera, go play Planet's Edge :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom