Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which game made you give up on Bioware?

The game that made me quit Bioware forever was...

• Total voters

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I'm the only person on earth who didn't really care about reused maps in DA2. That was by far the least of that game's problems.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
I think I just stopped caring at some point and finished the saga and tried to forget.

170px-WW2_Marine_after_Eniwetok_assault.jpg

Cael

Arcane
Lol you sound very ..... liberal there mate. Are you feeling alright? You talking as if women are not objects of desire that have to be conquered by men! Love is not something rational you can just let go after the chick said no one time. It is sad that you have never felt real love in your life.
I am a liberal in many social matters. Just NOT the neo-liberal extremist shits we have today. I am a classical liberal, a person who is for REAL equality and REAL freedom. Always have been.

What I also am is a conservative in fiscal and law and order matters, supporting things like the death penalty and no dole, and have great respect for traditional values and institutions (e.g., honesty, integrity, compassion, kindness, tolerance, REAL science, the Queen).

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
What I also am is a conservative in fiscal and law and order matters, supporting things like the death penalty and no dole, and have great respect for traditional values and institutions (e.g., honesty, integrity, compassion, kindness, tolerance, REAL science, the Queen).
What you also are, is a retard.

How can you have respect for honesty, integrity, compassion, kindness and tolerance, while supporting a monarch?

Oh, you are also a giant flaming cuck.

Cael

Arcane

How can you have respect for honesty, integrity, compassion, kindness and tolerance, while supporting a monarch?

I see that you are unable to comprehend what a constitutional monarchy means and what the Queen's role in modern England and the world is. That is OK. Many anti-monarchists are also unable to comprehend it simply because it requires half a brain cell to do so.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

Yeah, takes a real man to beat up on a 90 year old woman who's spent her whole life doing nothing but positive things for the world. Can't wait for your tirade against Mother Teresa for being a Catholic and therefore beyond adoration.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I see that you are unable to comprehend what a constitutional monarchy means and what the Queen's role in modern England and the world is. That is OK. Many anti-monarchists are also unable to comprehend it simply because it requires half a brain cell to do so.
Must say that i am not much of "constitutional monarchy" kind of guy,but i do respect any kind of monarchy....more of a absolute Tzar kind of guy. And don't bother with that guy mate,he is some kind of sjw.

Yeah, takes a real man to beat up on a 90 year old woman who's spent her whole life doing nothing but positive things for the world. Can't wait for your tirade against Mother Teresa for being a Catholic and therefore beyond adoration.
You know how those kind of people are mate,raging on how evil monarchy and Christianity is. There is no cure for stupidity.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

To be completely honest, it is said that she... appreciated the puryfing aspects of suffering. And therefore she had reservations about providing her patients with painkillers.

Perkel

Arcane
Easy DA2. While DAO wasn't great game at least it had some things about it.
DA2 on other hand is where you completely believe they wanted to made it that way which is different from making bad game.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Easy DA2. While DAO wasn't great game at least it had some things about it.
DA2 on other hand is where you completely believe they wanted to made it that way which is different from making bad game.

DA2 was just instant milking of the Dragon Age franchise.

One may argue that Bioware normally struggles to deliver good games, but doing so in a shorter development time than they're used to, is suicide, it's DA2.

Because yeah, playing a mercenary that wants to be richer and more powerful is something we've never ever seen. A winning prospect.

Sizzle

Arcane
Because yeah, playing a mercenary that wants to be richer and more powerful is something we've never ever seen. A winning prospect.

That concept could have worked (like it did in Age of Decadence) if they actually did anything fresh and interesting with it. But beyond the shit writing ("Sailing is like sex...", etc.) and romances, all we got was an awful combat system with copy-pasted dungeons.

Theldaran

Liturgist
For all the alleged haste to put out the game, they didn't leave the romances out, that's for sure.

They really know their audience.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Also Avelline (she-Avellone?) or whatever her name is, I fucking hate that bitch, she's the most hideous character I've seen in a Western RPG. Take Mazzy Fentan and skyrocket her retardedness.

Perkel

Arcane
Also Avelline (she-Avellone?) or whatever her name is, I fucking hate that bitch, she's the most hideous character I've seen in a Western RPG. Take Mazzy Fentan and skyrocket her retardedness.

My friend i know you are shellshocked after playing DA2 but you should remember that there were other characters much worse than her.

Like that one which wanted to bone you in every dialog.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected

Must say that i am not much of "constitutional monarchy" kind of guy,but i do respect any kind of monarchy....more of a absolute Tzar kind of guy. And don't bother with that guy mate,he is some kind of sjw.

You know how those kind of people are mate,raging on how evil monarchy and Christianity is. There is no cure for stupidity.
Ah yes, believing in royalty and imaginary bogeymen is the defining sign of intelligence.

Or maybe you just are the dumbfuck the forum has labeled you as.

And why did you pull sjw out of your ass? It's buzzwordiness? You may have Michelle Obama's balls, but you sure don't have that swinging dong.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Like that one which wanted to bone you in every dialog.

That's a "liberated woman who has embraced her own sexuality", I guess. There, updated to 2018.

Maybe Avelline wasn't THAT bad, but she's still a retard in my view.

EGarak

Literate
Mass Effect: Andromeda.

For some reason I thought after the debacle that was the story and ending of ME3, BioWare would actually give a shit and put in the work required to make their next ME game something respectable, something incline. I wasn't expecting something that the codex would appreciate, but surely one that would redeem themselves in the eyes of their fans.

What a fucking moron I was.

Ocelot

Learned
Mass Effect 3, mainly because of the writing.

It was going to be the best of the three, right? A conclusion to an epic story and an improvement over the previous two games. The recipe for success was already there. Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe I shouldn't expect from a cinematic action RPG to suddenly have solid RPG and morality elements but they could at least not fuck up the writing like that. The end of the story makes no fucking sense. Regardless of your choices in the end you either defeat the reapers and destroy the relays or you let the reapers win. In any case, all races, including humans, are doomed. If you choose an RGB ending, you destroy the relays aka that transportation gate nobody knows how to replicate that supports the entire galactic economy. ME3's good endings imply a dystopian future where all races are scattered at random planets, unable to sustain themselves. Only after the outrage did the writers changed the ending but the game still renders all of your previous choices in ME and ME2 obsolete and the ending is still a choice between 3 different cutscenes. That wasn't supposed to be the case, remember?

And to make sure they won't have to deal with that clusterfuck of a story ever again they set Andromeda at a different galaxy, 600 years apart from ME3. Talk about avoiding your problems.

I may still replay some of the older titles made by Bioware (I like KOTOR and DA:O a lot) but I have no desire to see what happens in Andromeda or buy another Bioware title ever again. Hopefully Andromeda will be the last entry to that series so that it may finally rest for good.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
DA:O

A few hours in I knew that this company didn't have a single spark of creativity left. This game wanted to be the next Baldur's Gate so bad, and then it turned out that it was just some derivative run-of-the-mill fantasy rpg with a tacky dating sim minigame to spice up the visits to player camp.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

Well if there was a teeny tiny bit of having a good writing for any future project it has disappeared completely now :lol::lol::lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom