Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which of These Games Should I LP?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hi. I'm a new user on the codex and was wanting to do an LP. I've got a list of games that I was thinking about and I wanted the opinion of the Hivemind extremely individual eople of the Codex. The List So Far:
  • Fallout 1
  • Fallout 2
  • The Elder Scrolls I: Arena
  • TES II: Daggerfall
  • Wasteland 1
I would prefer one of the turn-based ones, but I am willing to sacrifice myself to prove my worthiness. If you have any other suggestions, I will think about it and if I own it I may do it.
P.S. How do the other LPers upload images taken? I've read about Photobucket and the like, but how do these work?

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Either FO1 or FO2 ironman, or Daggerfall.
Just make few episodes, put in notepad with links and see if you can handle rest. No need for another "dead before page1".
Image hostings? Minus.com is what I use. Just upload, copy links into
img] and you're done faster.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Something less widely known would probably be better. Fallouts have been done to death, so probably Daggerfall.

Some kind of service that would not delete your images after six months would be nice. LPs uploaded on imgur are still here, even the ones from 2008, and some LPs on tynipics or imageshack.us are gone after two or so years. If you value the time and effort that go into your LP, you should consider this. In any case, it helps keeping the screenshots on your HDD and making a backup.

Minus.com... can't say anything good about it. I think some images in Planet Alcatraz and Marauder LPs (the ones MotherMachinae made) are missing, even though it has been barely a year.

Personally, I use postimg.org, but it has its quirks that may turn some people off.

Also, for the love of all that is holy (and bandswitch), keep the image size (not the resolution, just size) within reasonable limits. png format is great, but if you make an LP with 2000+ images, I think jpg would suit it better.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
imgur.com put the limit on your uploads, iirc you can see ~250 pics in your gallery and new one hide the oldest one until you buy premium or some shit like that.
Checked now MoP LP - had maybe 1-2 misses and dozen "timed out". Looks like minus don't like loading everything at once.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Imgur hides the images from your editing, once you go past 250+ images. But they're all still there. I used imgur for my LPs and they're all still visible (bar some images I found on other sites).

Wayward Son

If I do Arena, should I be a sorcerer or nightblade. I enjoy crit strike, but the spell absorb always seems to get me further. Or would you guys like me to do a thief character? P.S. thanks for the image upload suggestions.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
A blind LP might be nice, rather than some deconstruction of the source code ala Wyrmbot.

Wayward Son

A blind LP might be nice, rather than some deconstruction of the source code ala Wyrmbot.
Well, I mean, I've played at least a bit into each of these, the ones I've done the least are FO2, Wasteland and Daggerfall as far as going into the story.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can't go wrong with Age of Decadence.
Do eet.
Codex wanked to it for decade and no LP has been done.
Put Codex in shame and do it.

Wayward Son

Yeah sorry. Been busy lately
Cassidy
I don't own it, let me see if it fits in my budget.
If I can't I'll do Arena.

Wayward Son

Please tell me ASAP if this pic comes out

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom