Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which PC RPGs from 2001 would you like to see on a codex top 100 list

Which of the following PC RPGs would you like to see on a codex top 100 list?

• Anachronox gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • I don't care if Anachronox gets a place

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Anachronox on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 50 80.6%
  • I don't care if Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura gets a place

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal gets a big fat YES from me!

• I don't care if Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal gets a place

• Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I don't care if Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction gets a place

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I don't care if Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel gets a place

• Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Geneforge 1 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • I don't care if Geneforge 1 gets a place

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Geneforge 1 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Gothic 1 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • I don't care if Gothic 1 gets a place

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Gothic 1 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter gets a big fat YES from me!

• I don't care if Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter gets a place

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • I don't care if Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster gets a place

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I don't care if Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor gets a place

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Wizardry 8 gets a big fat YES from me!

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • I don't care if Wizardry 8 gets a place

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Wizardry 8 on a codex top 100 list? FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Same rules as before: Unlimited voting, you can change your vote, voting is anonymous, with the following additional notes:

All Infinity Engine games include the Enhanced Editions where available.

There's plenty to choose from for this year, so lets see some good honest brutality and try and get those numbers down, if at all possible.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
so there was this one time when i was like totally shitfaced, smashed af, and my bro asks me so hey you're into them rpg games huh, you played skyrim no

and imma all like, yeah bro i'm the best at rpg's, I'M THE BEST AT RPG'S

no wonder that cunt got scared

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Arcanum and Wiz8 beating BG2 triggers me deeply. Not sure about Anachronox beating it though, I never played that one.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Arcanum and Wiz8 beating BG2 triggers me deeply. Not sure about Anachronox beating it though, I never played that one.

Yeah, as I said in one of the other threads, the codex isn't what people imagine it is when they first arrive. N00bs are regularly sucker punched by the codex's rather unique judging criteria that doesn't correspond to what seems more expected criteria for RPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if every newb to the site has a moment where they think "Heeey, this is a bit weird" when they end up arguing about stuff that wouldn't bat an eyelid on other sites.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Arcanum and Wiz8 beating BG2 triggers me deeply.

what exactly do you want to communicate through this, young man

wBQXB0f.gif

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Yeah, as I said in one of the other threads, the codex isn't what people imagine it is when they first arrive. N00bs are regularly sucker punched by the codex's rather unique judging criteria that doesn't correspond to what seems more expected criteria for RPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if every newb to the site has a moment where they think "Heeey, this is a bit weird" when they end up arguing about stuff that wouldn't bat an eyelid on other sites.
Yeah. Really though, I don't really mind people preferring Arcanum and Wiz8 I guess. I disagree with them but I can understand why they would vote those higher. Wiz8 I think was almost the best game I ever played, but the grind ruined it for me. A few tweaks and that might have been my number 1 too. Arcanum I thought was just plain bad though but I can get why people like it. To me BG2 is just so well done. All RPGs are kind of gimpy, because they are all trying to do more than they really had the budget for, and they are all from the 80s and 90s when the tech was hard to wrangle into a decent game. But that is what impresses me the most about BG2, they just put together such a good and well rounded game, back when you couldn't just throw $100 million at it.

The only codexers that piss me off are fans of Bethesda games. There is no excuse for that.

PrettyDeadman

WTF is this shitlist.
How this list be allowed on rpgcodex?!
There is Dark Cloud? There is Summoner? Where is Baldur's Gates Dark Alliance? Where is Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Lands? Where is Legaia 2: Duel Saga? Where is King's Field IV? Where is Dragon Quest IV? Where is Breath of Fire IV? Whre is Final Fantasy IX? WHERE IS VARGRANT STORY? Where is PAPER MARIO? Where is VAmpire The Masquarade Redemption? Where is Avernum 1? Where is Avernum 2? Where is Golden Sun? Where is GRANDIA II? WHERE IS SKIES OF ARCADIA??? Where is Mega Man Battle Network 1&2? Where is Lufia:The Legend Returns????

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
WTF is this shitlist.
There is Dark Cloud? There is Summoner? Where is Baldur's Gates Dark Alliance? Where is Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Lands? Where is Legaia 2: Duel Saga? Where is King's Field IV? Where is Dragon Quest IV? Where is Breath of Fire IV? Whre is Final Fantasy IX? WHERE IS VARGRANT STORY? Where is PAPER MARIO? Where is VAmpire The Masquarade Redemption? Where is Avernum 1? Where is Avernum 2? Where is Golden Sun? Where is GRANDIA II? WHERE IS SKIES OF ARCADIA??? Where is Mega Man Battle Network 1&2? Where is Lufia:The Legend Returns????

On a future list of console games.

The two Avernums will be on the list for the year 2000, as will Redemption.

I'd mark your post retarded, but I can't be arsed to waste the effort on such a low effort post.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
WTF is this shitlist.

This is where you want to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom