Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are you guys so negative?!!!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
spacemoose

Brofists Received: 15

What a loser.

spacemoose was last seen: Sep 25, 2011
Sometime its fun to look back at these old threads and wonder what happened to the posters. SM was on here for 6 years and had almost 10K posts before he packed it in.

Why did he leave? Did he just get tired of it? Did he grow up? Is he in jail?

Of course he might of just changed account.

Mustawd

spacemoose

What a loser.

Sometime its fun to look back at these old threads and wonder what happened to the posters. SM was on here for 6 years and had almost 10K posts before he packed it in.

Yet another reason why GOODBYE!! I'm leaving FOREVah!! threads are actually a positive thing. It brings closure to the 'dex and its long tenured members. Also, I actually enjoy reading those walls of text.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What I learned in this thread is that Roqua has been fighting the decline since I was still playing Call of Duty 2 (which I still consider a good game) with my li'l bro and don't even know what RPG means.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Qwinn finally found him and exacted his revenge for making fun of signing his name after every post.

-Qwinn

Alex

Arcane
I hate when new people find a 6 month old thread which they then try to raise from the dead with some witty pun. It's nice that you used the search feature and all but really, there are newer threads.

Yes, you should allow the thread to age a bit before doing stuff like that, just like a fine wine.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
spacemoose

What a loser.

He died like all those that stopped posting. No Codexer willingly leaves.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
http://eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts ... &start=120

Eurogamer has always been a "friend" of the Codex, bitching about the Codex about as much as we bitch about Oblivion, but this one is amusing:

Shoot me now... Take one perfectly good RPG, look at a thread of it on RPGCodex, after reading two posts get so sick of the game you'll never want to play it again. :mad:
That's sort of my point. The whiniest posters over there hammer you over the head about how those games are the yardstick by which all other games should be measured to such an extent that you wan't to dislike them out of pure principle.
I'm not so sure about that. Knee-jerk derision of everything new isn't really better than sycophantic admiration IMO.

There are of course voices of reason over at RPGCOdex. However they are often drowned out loud mouthed whiners who complain about everything that deviates from the impossibly strict rules they have regarding what constitutes a real RPG.

I remember reading a recent thread where a few, as i understand it, profilic posters instintivley dismissed the dialouge wheel system in Mass Effect, basically just because it wasn't a traditional dialouge tree. They really weren't the slightest bit interested in how it would work in practise.
Is it true, guys? IS IT? HMM?!!! Did you really do that?

Wasn't the dialogue wheel dismissed because the 2-3 word summaries often did a poor job indicating what your character would actually say?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
What I learned in this thread is that Roqua has been fighting the decline since I was still playing Call of Duty 2 (which I still consider a good game) with my li'l bro and don't even know what RPG means.

I would like to thank you for pointing out my generous and ongoing contribution to the credibility of this site and my selfless fight against shit. I am a fucking hero and should be awarded with something special like a subforum for true crpg fans bereft of all the console and weird game shitheads.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts ... &start=120

Eurogamer has always been a "friend" of the Codex, bitching about the Codex about as much as we bitch about Oblivion, but this one is amusing:

Shoot me now... Take one perfectly good RPG, look at a thread of it on RPGCodex, after reading two posts get so sick of the game you'll never want to play it again. :mad:
That's sort of my point. The whiniest posters over there hammer you over the head about how those games are the yardstick by which all other games should be measured to such an extent that you wan't to dislike them out of pure principle.
I'm not so sure about that. Knee-jerk derision of everything new isn't really better than sycophantic admiration IMO.

There are of course voices of reason over at RPGCOdex. However they are often drowned out loud mouthed whiners who complain about everything that deviates from the impossibly strict rules they have regarding what constitutes a real RPG.

I remember reading a recent thread where a few, as i understand it, profilic posters instintivley dismissed the dialouge wheel system in Mass Effect, basically just because it wasn't a traditional dialouge tree. They really weren't the slightest bit interested in how it would work in practise.
Is it true, guys? IS IT? HMM?!!! Did you really do that?

Wasn't the dialogue wheel dismissed because the 2-3 word summaries often did a poor job indicating what your character would actually say?

But that was a false argument. It's not like the NPC's took stock of what your character actually says but what +1,0,-1 reaction was assigned to each of the 'aggressive','friendly' etc. lines. So it wouldn't actually matter either way if you saw the entire Hepler line or if it was reduced to an 'attitude'. In fact, reducing it to this actually is more an indication of where each response is heading.

In fact I bet if it was the other way, Codexers would whine about how the responses are samey or ambiguous and that they don't understand why character X suddenly doesn't like them when the phrase your character says seems neutral..hurr, durr, needs more meta feedback so you know what the responses mean etc.

Same shit was leveled at AP, yet it was obvious that it was done to give both urgency and for the player to get a immediate understanding of where each type of response would lead. Worked great there yet it was pilloried here anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom