Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did CyberP Self Eject?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What mod did he make?
GMDX. It's a very good mod for Deus Ex, that expands quite a bit on the design, improves AI, changes useless augs/skills.

I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes Deus ex.

So what happened for him to jump the shark like that?

TypicalModder.png

There is like only two three SANE modders on this planet. Wesp and Killap.

EDIT: and ghostdog :salute:

It really does speak volumes that this is a context where someone can be described as sane for obsessively producing patches for the one single player game for 14 years, at such a prodigious rate that I doubt he has enough time for internet drama, or food and sleep for that matter, and the reaction of myself and everyone else is to nod quietly at the obviously correct description.

For all we know, Wesp spends his time masturbating in a pile of his own faeces while mumbling 'kill the whores' over and over, and every time he gets ready to type out his manifesto for the 'final solution' against the Polaks, he gets interrupted by the voices in his head demanding that he makes another patch. And he's still a shoe-in for least crazy modder.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The thing with Wesp is, in conversations with him at the old Planet Vampire forums, he was just a normal, down to earth SANE guy. Same thing with Killap on the NMA forums. Wesp just really likes to mod for Bloodlines. And if that means we get more and more fixes for this fucking GREAT game, I'm totally fine with that.

zwanzig_zwoelf

The thing with Wesp is, in conversations with him at the old Planet Vampire forums, he was just a normal, down to earth SANE guy. Same thing with Killap on the NMA forums. Wesp just really likes to mod for Bloodlines. And if that means we get more and more fixes for this fucking GREAT game, I'm totally fine with that.
You're just insane, Jaesun.
It's fine, I still luv u, bro.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Self-ejecting means nothing. We've already seen two self-ejectors come back. Premature-ejectolation.

A user named cat

There's no escape. Even self-ejecting will result in you waking up in the Codex mortuary again, ready for more shitposting.

A horse of course

I've had PM conversations with CyberP where he acted hysterically, like he was on the verge of crying. There may have been some trolling there (especially when he didn't have edit privileges and spammed annoyingly) but I think he's genuinely "special".

Pfft. People say the same about me in pm

valcik

Arcane
It really does speak volumes that this is a context where someone can be described as sane for obsessively producing patches for the one single player game for 14 years, at such a prodigious rate that I doubt he has enough time for internet drama, or food and sleep for that matter, and the reaction of myself and everyone else is to nod quietly at the obviously correct description.
That's unfair. Or uninformed at least!
Killaps work is based on bug-reports of many folks for starters. His unofficial patches incorporate fixes from other modders as well, so it's not his own work at all! He just happens to be a skilled programmer who took the effort to compilate all that shit in a single easy-to-use package along with his own fixes, that's all. As for the Restoration Project, there are thousands of hours worthy effort from different people poured in as well. Mapping done by Pixote, scripts and bug-fixes from various authors, NPC armor mod being huge stand-alone mod, ammo fixes, new music, you name it.
I really don't get why some people are pissed off by effort put in those project, because you're not the first one bitching about things you obviously don't understand at all.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

No. We are all KC's alts.
Even KC is the alt of himself.
Even in reality he's his own alt.
God bless America and twin towers, 9/11 was KC's jawbone destroying his own alts cuz the jawbone he shat out once became self-aware and tried to kill him.
Except it didn't know that real KC is the alt of himself.
God bless America.

zwanzig_zwoelf

No one even barely sane would spend his time messing with japanese code.
No one.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
For all we know, Wesp spends his time masturbating in a pile of his own faeces while mumbling 'kill the whores' over and over, and every time he gets ready to type out his manifesto for the 'final solution' against the Polaks, he gets interrupted by the voices in his head demanding that he makes another patch. And he's still a shoe-in for least crazy modder.
Info so old it's been forgotten http://www.cup.uni-muenchen.de/oc/spahl/ :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom