Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do people from RPG Codex hate video games?

spacemoose

Erudite
I don't think anyone worries about what others think of the site. it is entertaining to read though. like people-watching

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
The question still remains.. why do you care about what epople who post elsewhere think of the site? It seems silly to worry.
I don't think that anyone here cares and worries. This stuff is amusing and entertaining.

gc051360

Scholar
Volourn said:
The question still remains.. why do you care about what epople who post elsewhere think of the site? It seems silly to worry.

I'm not worried. I'm just very petty

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Volourn said:
I care. It hurts me inside when someone calls us nothing but turn-based loving hobo's. It hurts me deep inside.

Now, why do you care whether we care or not? THAT IS THE QUESTION!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
But why do you care that he cares that we care? And why do I care that you care that he cares that we care?

THERE IS NO ANSWER! The myth of universal knowability is shattered.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Now, why do you care whether we care or not? THAT IS THE QUESTION!"

Not thes ame kind of scenario is it since I actually post regularly here so I gotta read the bullshit you guys whine about (ie. this crap) day in, and day out. Ok, i don't have to; but I'm here anyways so might as well read it.

elander_

Arbiter
Everyone should hate Bioware. I have daily Bioware hating training sessions just to keep myself in shape all the time.

Julio

Scholar
I found out about RPGCodex through Volourn's trolling on the Atari ToEE board.

Wired_Irony

Novice
Since when is having a opinion considered high and mighty? Whenever anyone supports the codex someone replys with a "Shut up high and mighty rpg codex snoob". It's so damn easy to hate the rpg codex, I guess.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Lord Chambers said:
Country_Gravy said:
That thread absolutely amazes me. Has the overall IQ gone down that much? Is the movie Idiocracy becoming a sick, sad reality?

START BREEDING, SMART PEOPLE. DON'T LET THE STUPID ASSHOLES OF THE WORLD TAKE OVER!!!!
A fine example of what gets passed on the Codex daily without people going "holy fucking shit, that is completely ungrounded and emotional."

Hi, my name is Codex, I pretend all my mandates are rational and based in intellectualism. I ignore my nostalgia and distrust all that is new, though I, in theory, have the ability to appreciate the good in it. Fundamental to my happiness is the belief that I am somehow wiser or more intelligent than the mass of gamers. I defend this belief daily with my critical thinking skills, though I don't question the meaning of having my position inextricably linked to being smart (and that to disagree is automatically to be stupid). Blinders sminders, I'm the Codex, I played Ultima <insert> and you're an idiot.

You are absolutely right. Those posters on gamespot are the most intelligent people on the planet. I hope that some day they can use their ginormous intellect to simultaniously cure cancer and find the unification theory of special relativity and quantum physics....all while bitching about the Codex.

Fag.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Spacemoose said:
"snoob" I like it. I will now use this new insult as often as I can. thanks for this, you fukken snoob
You know how Calis was whinging that we needed a new title for the dumbfucks who were trolling because they'd posted on some other forum acting like dumbfucks?

Snoob could do.

My god.
There has always been talk about the codex hivemind, but these threads discussing RPGCodex of late, clearly indicate a retard hivemind as well. I mean, compare this thread to the 3d-realms thread. They are using the exact same arguments.
RPGCodex hates all games!
Check.

A game has to be released to get critique!
Check.

Any game where you play a role is a RPG!
Check.

You can play any role in Oblivion!
Check.

If you can´t, you´re playing it wrong! Not Beths fault!
Check.

Judge the game on it´s own merits!
Check.

Lalalala, opinions, opinions! Discussion is impossible, everything is just an opinion!
Aaaand check.

Now, this last one stuns me each time I see it. I can see why it´s easy to resort to this one when you realize you get owned, but then again: What the hell are you doing on a discussion board, then? To share opinions? Why should we even care about what you say, in this retarded logic, what you said is just an opinion as well. :rollfuckingeyes:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom