Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do people from RPG Codex hate video games?

elander_

Arbiter
Dementia Praecox said:
My god.
There has always been talk about the codex hivemind, but these threads discussing RPGCodex of late, clearly indicate a retard hivemind as well. I mean, compare this thread to the 3d-realms thread. They are using the exact same arguments.
RPGCodex hates all games!

Little bastard communist puppet gamers are spreading all over the internet. But what did you expect. Now players start playing games before they get their brains fully developed. This is one of the reasons i stopped playing games tagged for 12 years olds and above.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I think Volourn or Visceris (or someone) linked to the Codex review at the Bioware boards for the purpose of bashing this place but when I read it I thought it was the most accurate review."

Stop trying to spread my name through the mud, fuckface. i can do that on my own. Stop fuckin' bullshitting. For one, I actually liked Saint's review, dumbass. For two, i have never started a thread about the Codex on any other baord to bash the Codex. In fact, I tend to defend the Codex on other boards when the sniping gets retarded though I have no problem dissing the Codex when warranted.

P.S. For the idiot who claimed falsely that i trolled on the Atari TOEE baords. that's bullshit. I never trolled there. i stated my opinion which most people who have played TOEE agree with. Not that that matters. having an opinion, and sharing it is not trolling. Moron.

Game over, PUNKS, game over.

mister lamat

Scholar
i actually like every video game i play... but then again, i don't think anyone would mistake me for the 'stereotypical codexer'.

Wired_Irony

Novice
Volourn said:
"I think Volourn or Visceris (or someone) linked to the Codex review at the Bioware boards for the purpose of bashing this place but when I read it I thought it was the most accurate review."

Stop trying to spread my name through the mud, fuckface. i can do that on my own. Stop fuckin' bullshitting. For one, I actually liked Saint's review, dumbass. For two, i have never started a thread about the Codex on any other baord to bash the Codex. In fact, I tend to defend the Codex on other boards when the sniping gets retarded though I have no problem dissing the Codex when warranted.

P.S. For the idiot who claimed falsely that i trolled on the Atari TOEE baords. that's bullshit. I never trolled there. i stated my opinion which most people who have played TOEE agree with. Not that that matters. having an opinion, and sharing it is not trolling. Moron.

Game over, PUNKS, game over.

No...to much opinion...I can't take it!!!

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn, youre insulting is flame-baiting. This is the oldest trick in the trolling book. I have seen you on the Bio boards flame-baiting as well. Heavens know how many other forums you go around bashing others.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No, it isn't.

I only insult others when either a) they start it like in this thread, or b) they deserve it.

And, I don't post with the purpose tod raw flames. i don't care if someone flames me or sucks my dick. I post to shar emy opinions, and to reply to others' opinions.

You are flame baiting.

I got attacked in this thread, and I defended myself. Punk.

R00fles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"meaning I wasn't sure if it was you or Visceris or someone else, dickhead."

If you weren't sure then perhaps you shouldn't have posted it. The internet alreayd has enough false rumours passing as fact to add to it.

"Maybe your take on this differs from that of others from time to time, hmm?"

WOW! Whoda thunk that?

"Volourn, it's a wonder you haven't spontaneously combusted by now."

Only inside your momma, son.

HardCode

Erudite
I think I found out about the codex Googling for Volourn's rape mod.

Anyway, think of it this way. Most people are retards. That makes most other forumites retards. We happen to also be retards, but we punch harder so we get the milk money. Is that clear?

Gambler

Augur
Dementia Praecox said:
They are using the exact same arguments.
Of course they do. There is a limited number of retarded internet "arguments" in existence. Stupid people simply re-use them with minimal modifications. That is true for all discussions, not just for Codex-bashing threads.

The root cause of this phenomenon is that some people are either incapable or unwilling to address the meaning of things other people say. Instead they resort to meaningless labeling or stating some general facts with no implications.

Top 10 retarded internet arguments in general form:

1) It's an opinion! If it's mine, I'm entitled to it. If it's yours, than it's just an opinion.
2) You can't change it.
3) Why do you argue (bash/hate/troll/etc.) about this? It's all subjective.
4) You did not see it personally.
5) If you don't like it, don't use it.
6) It's a commonly acknowledged masterpiece. (Awards, sales, and scores follow.)
7) There is a hidden, indescribable, unexplainable meaning in that thing!
8) There is an unforgettable atmosphere!
9) You can't possibly be an expert on this.
10) You are atupid. / That other guy likes it, and he's smart.

And no, I did not just make this up. This list was compiled in 2004, so it predates both of the threads.

MacBone

Scholar
Volourn said:
Only inside your momma, son.
At least I have a momma, Vollers. I hear windsurfers found you bobbing up and down on a buoy in Lake Superior when you were three years old, bawling and stark naked except for a birthmark shaped like Prince Edward Island.

raziel014

Novice
Wow, those quotes are spot-on! You guys are a bunch of snobs who think you are better than anyone who doesn't have the same wiew on games that you do. And nobody really cares of your opinnion either. You can just stay here at these forums and rot in your misery. I'm out.

Then again, nobody here probably cares of my opinnion either though..

Ladonna

Arcane
Code:
And nobody really cares of your opinnion either

Pot.Kettle.Black?

raziel014 said:
Wow, those quotes are spot-on! You guys are a bunch of snobs who think you are better than anyone who doesn't have the same wiew on games that you do. And nobody really cares of your opinnion either. You can just stay here at these forums and rot in your misery. I'm out.

Then again, nobody here probably cares of my opinnion either though..

fag.gif

Kraszu

Prophet
raziel014 said:
Wow, those quotes are spot-on! You guys are a bunch of snobs who think you are better than anyone who doesn't have the same wiew on games that you do..

Well I fell superior to people that post on forums just to say that everything is opinion and talking is useless, why they post on forum then in the first place?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
They locked the thread due to flaming. RIP. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom