Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do people use the ignore feature?

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I am considering ignoring Lord Azlan , a Shareblue plant who pollutes Trump threads with Media Matters spam, making them unreadable. He has also ignored me because I hurt his feelings by exposing his attempts at discourse as idiotic and embarrassing.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Some people simply never post anything of value, and putting them on ignore means less scrolling to get to posts that are worth reading.

Reading such posts doesn't make you "strong willed", it just makes you an idiot happily wasting his time.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When I confirm that some people are rotten and/or stupid to the core (at least that's how they behave on the Codex), I ignore them. Why? The better question is why not? They don't add anything of value and they are spewing shit which make your time here even worse here than it have to.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
There are now so many 20-something idiots on this forum and they are so eager to get heard that my ignore list is quickly growing to Kz3r0 proportions.

I usually declare a start from scratch every 6 months and clear my ignore and then it quickly grows up again. It has become a necessary filter, in normal life you would also not liste to every idiot whose opinions are crap and dont count.

Also some people here are mentally ill, and those are better ignored too, unless you want the full experience.

Revenant

Ignore is for fucking fags.
True, though there was one user who made me contemplate of starting using the ignore function - Roqua. Fortunately, he was force-ignored for everyone by the staff so the problem was solved. Kinda. Until he came back with alts.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When I confirm that some people are rotten and/or stupid to the core (at least that's how they behave on the Codex), I ignore them. Why? The better question is why not? They don't add anything of value and they are spewing shit which make your time here even worse here than it have to.

And yet Excidium's on your list.

Revenant

Excidium is a dumbfuck. Reasons:

- he doesn't drink;
- he thinks UT is better than Quake;
- he enables the decline of wombyn fatenization by being attracted to fat womynz.

Good riddance.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Sometimes I ignore someone because of bad behavior, mostly tiresome repetitive edgy one liners, baffling stubborn ignorance and shilling really irritates me, most of the time it is useless arguing with people when they are determined to be assholes, I don't have the time or patience for that so ignoring them is the better tool but I don't keep decent posters on ignore for long, one asshole one day can redeem himself another day. I lost count the amount of times I ignored and unignored J_C, Iraneus, Excidium, Infinitron and Roguey, those fucking annoying pests.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Holy shit, Crospy has 272 people on his ignore list (and 418 as Nikaido). WTF. It must be strange reading threads where he only sees a few posts by noobs with all quotes from ignored users stripped out. I bet he sees entire pages with all 20 posts hidden. If you're one of the few who can talk to him, it's like a private conversation.

I'm tempted to preemptively ignore him.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Excidium is a dumbfuck. Reasons:

- he doesn't drink;
- he thinks UT is better than Quake;
- he enables the decline of wombyn fatenization by being attracted to fat womynz.

Good riddance.

None of those are reasons to ignore someone. I don't drink either, and zaftig women are all right (any larger than that, no). :M

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Put Roguey on ignore.
Doesn't drink, WTF

Only the Trumperor can get away with not drinking because his blood is 100% certified Aryan and mustn't be tainted with Jewjuice.

Revenant

Had to look up "zaftig" in Merriam-Webster

Doesn't sound too appealing either, I like women to be skinny

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Put Roguey on ignore.
Doesn't drink, WTF

Only the Trumperor can get away with not drinking because his blood is 100% certified Aryan and mustn't be tainted with Jewjuice.

I did more than enough when I was a teenager. Now I see it as a waste of money. I can get a similar effect just by staying up past when I usually go to bed.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

And yet Excidium's on your list.
Let me quote myself:
When I confirm that some people are rotten and/or stupid to the core (at least that's how they behave on the Codex), I ignore them.
Do the math.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
There are now so many 20-something idiots on this forum and they are so eager to get heard that my ignore list is quickly growing to Kz3r0 proportions.

I usually declare a start from scratch every 6 months and clear my ignore and then it quickly grows up again. It has become a necessary filter, in normal life you would also not liste to every idiot whose opinions are crap and dont count.

Also some people here are mentally ill, and those are better ignored too, unless you want the full experience.

Your butthurt is off scale.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I used to avoid using the Ignore function myself, until circumstances warranted that I get rid of certain annoying fuckers.

The RPG Codex is a place to learn and grow as a debater and Person Of The World and all that, but everyone has their limits.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The RPG Codex is a place to learn and grow as a debater and Person Of The World and all that, but everyone has their limits.

Let's just all take a moment and reflect on the fact that this was posted unironically.

When you live in such a shit country that its entire culture of debate has yet to grow beyond the level of debate clubs (and the concept "ad hominem" isn't even recognized) you learn debating skills where you can.

Sad state of affairs, I know.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Let's just all take a moment and reflect on the fact that this was posted unironically.

When you live in such a shit country that its entire culture of debate has yet to grow beyond the level of debate clubs (and the concept "ad hominem" isn't even recognized) you learn debating skills where you can.

Sad state of affairs, I know.

Debate clubs?

316ecf951d4160223e3e3d1aceca94b0.jpg

Santander02

Arcane
8 years here and never touched the ignore button :salute:

If you ignore your enemies, they win :trudeau:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom