Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why do people use the ignore feature?

gaussgunner

Arcane
As much of a shitheel as Mynon was

Who is Mynon?

Generally insufferable asshat who POSSIBLY (read: almost certainly) contributed to sser bailing on a writing gig to avoid getting the guillotine from an angry online mob

Yeah, he was a massive SJW faggot asshole from Reddit, apparently an Antifa terrorist or sympathizer too, so obnoxious even Reddit hates him, lol. This is him: https://www.reddit.com/user/wulkh. On the last page of his comments, you can see him piling on the deleted thread in GamerGhazi where he/they doxxed sser. Occam's Razor says he did it. He obviously supports doxxing and getting people fired for harmless shitposting. What a piece of shit. :argh:

He also shitted up big threads here with his childish shitposts trying to convert deplorable codexers into progressive libtards. Easily among the top 10 most retarded shitheads I've ever seen on the internet. :argh:

gaussgunner

Arcane
Why is he getting banned ? Wasn't a running joke that he gets the blue dog ?

Imagine becoming such a tiresome fuckwad that you get repeatedly banned on sight on the Codex.
Honestly i can. Was he worts than the great shitposter Mynon?

As much of a shitheel as Mynon was I get the impression he actually was worse, I didn't pay too much attention to him though

In light of my last post ^^ was blue dog really that bad? I've had some good conversations with him. He seemed like a good guy who occasionally gets carried away with drunken shitposting, that's all.

Mynon on the other hand, was fucking ass cancer. And AIDS and syphilis.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
In light of my last post ^^ was blue dog really that bad?

He's occasionally funny and really easy to wind up. I don't normally don't do that kind of thing because I'm a mature adult, but with Bluedog it's practically my obligation as a Codexian as the results are generally popcorn material.

I miss his contributions to the Science subforum.

:negative:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The way most social media works is that you only follow content and content producers you like, and you leave out the rest.

Codex is not like that. You open a page and you have to see everyone's views on a matter, even if they are not someone you actively follow.

At least the ignore function is the closest thing to having a "follow" feature on the site, except in reverse. I fully understand my posts are not interesting or relevant to everyone, which is why I invite them to ignore me and focus on the content they like. That's not the way Codex works though. In my case, I have managed to take up rent-free space in the heads of many Codexers, including those who follow me thread to thread to thread to tell me how much they are pissed off with my posting.

Normally, if you eat something and you vomit out, you don't consume more of it. But my posts not only make some people sick to their stomach but also it compels them to consume more of it, despite the repeated nausea. With some posters, it is even as if they are consuming back the vomit they just released so they can vomit it all over again. At some point, even I take pity on them, and wonder when they will just ignore me and stop regurgitating all that vomit.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I haven't seen Neckbeard Shitlord since last year. :negative:

One can only hope he died for the good of mankind as a whole and his corpse is still left decaying in his lonely home.

Guys...he was JUST here and banned a few weeks ago. Did you really miss that?

:roll:

he pissed off some people here long before you even had a computer.

Imagine becoming such a tiresome fuckwad that you get repeatedly banned on sight on the Codex.

As much of a shitheel as Mynon was I get the impression he actually was worse, I didn't pay too much attention to him though

In light of my last post ^^ was blue dog really that bad? I've had some good conversations with him. He seemed like a good guy who occasionally gets carried away with drunken shitposting, that's all.

Mynon on the other hand, was fucking ass cancer. And AIDS and syphilis.

He is a pgreat guy in conversation. Just when people of lower intellect talk to him, he goes mental.

Burning Bridges

But I just wrote it on the last page! This is real Codex folklore. It's said Bryce paid a banjo for a guy from Brazil called Roqua who then cheated him on whatever deal they had, and then they accused each other of hacking/copying their accounts. Afaik Roqua even started posting shit from a new account but convincing a lot of people he was Bryce. I also believe that Bryce was then systematically ostracized by the moderation - to some degree deserved, to some completely not - often by absolutely clueless, irrelevant people who joined years after this had happened - and then he went completely mental and making more and more retarded accounts.

In an ideal world none of this would have happened and he would be one of the best people here. But now he has become so supicious that he does not even reveal anything to people he's on good terms with. I have personally no idea what he has been doing since ca 1 year ago.

Burning Bridges

Nice story,still don't get it why he got banned. Was it doxing allegations?

:roll: But I just told you twice.

I think the line is usually crossed when someone starts two different accounts who are talking with each other and then said alts are getting into heated arguments.

Bohr

Arcane
That's Neckbeard? I thought Neckbeard was one of the losers who only joined the codex for the goobergate threads. That 2014 wave of absolute shit posters.

I obviously don't have access to mod tools, but in terms of interests, posting style, opinions of their own abilities, etc - a good match. For those who miss Neckbeard's posts in science, older science threads had very similar contributions from earlier accounts like Moribund. FWIW Neckbeard always insisted he had had previous accounts here. eg: look at the Neanderthal thread in science, where we go from Moribund on page 1 to "Charles Eli Cheese" on the last page.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nice story,still don't get it why he got banned. Was it doxing allegations?

:roll: But I just told you twice.

I think the line is usually crossed when someone starts two different accounts who are talking with each other and then said alts are getting into heated arguments.
The codex should be more progressive mate,shame that we don't have much tolerance for people with multiple personality disorder. Ohhh well,thanks for the answer mate.

Burning Bridges

fantadomat You already made 7,500 posts in 1 year so your fate is sealed. Therefore I can tell you one thing: in a couple of years you will be at the same point. You will have had so many arguments with increasingly younger, denser virgins that you will run into your once favorite metal thread in a cat raver costume and shout "HEAVY MEATL SUGS". You will simply want to feel better when everyone goes up in arms and laugh your ass off.

Neckbeard Shitlord must have been a really bright young man when he joined. He was really interested in RPGs and he even worked on one himself. But around 2012 it had reached a point where peace no longer could be possible, like the feud between the Hatfields and McCoys.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Burning Bridges ,ah it is possible mate,but i do have really thick skin and tendency to ignore(not with the button) people. I already pissed enough faggots seeing how many are ignoring me :lol::lol::lol:. I personally don't care much about peoples opinions,still i do have different amount of respect for different people on the codex. I came to the codex because it was pace with people that also have thick skin,do enjoy a nice anarchic place without laws :) .....and rpgs ofcource.

Anyway,thanks for the warning mate,i see that you managed to survive for more than a decade here,therefore it is not impossible.:salute:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Bluedog’s pattern is always the same. Starts out normal. Some of his iterations have been p. Cool.

IIRC, Bustamonte was a very cool version and had good convos about mountain climbing. But he always gets drunk and goes nuts. As a fellow alky I can sympathize, but at the end of the day you just gotta chill the fuck out sometimes.

The Codex is too much for some mortal minds to handle.

The power of ITZ drives them insane.

:mhd:

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I had a look at those ignoring me today. What a sad bunch that is, lol. But anyway, I understand a lot of it, there's definitely going to be some hardcore easily butthurt stroyfags on there, that goes without saying, but I'm a bit perplexed at the sheer number of 'fake' ignorers and the number of generally dead accounts cluttering up my info screen.

& I'm not talking about every case here, just really extreme examples of ignore list clutter:

Bobby Smith - who doesn't appear to even be an account?
fastjack - last post 12th April 2017
Furapika - who doesn't appear to even be an account?
Irenaeus - who doesn't appear to even be an account?
LorunLoppu - zero posts since 1st Jan 2013
nomask7 - who doesn't appear to even be an account?
Rude Dude - zero posts since 21st Jun 2011
seabot - zero posts since 11th Jan 2010
Soilent Green - who doesn't appear to even be an account?
Vargr Raekr - zero posts
whysoserious - who doesn't appear to even be an account?

Taluntain why is it that when someone decides to fucksey offsey from the site they do not automatically get removed from ignore list clutter?

Further, why do zero contributors even get such a 'valuable' feature without having to earn that privilege?

While I don't literally ignore anyone, I can understand why some people need their safe space & use the function to do that (though why they get no safe space tag automatically at a certain point is beyond me), but for me, and probably the intent of the feature, its an information tool, a database of curiosity. But a database that is full of spam & fake information. Literally over one third of those ignoring me are complete bollocks accounts, that's a pretty extreme spam ratio. And this doesn't even include people who vanished over the course of this year.

Is this something that something can be done about?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom