Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Why idiots like KOTOR?

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Country_Gravy said:
didn't you read my message, numbnuts?
I read it the first time. And it wasn't funny the first time, nor is it funny the second time. Let it go, man.

But I'll give you credit for trying. When you think you've got something you really run with it.

plin

Liturgist
xJEDx said:
plin said:
Actually, what he says holds more true with each idiot who replies to his post like the wanker above (in my quote, not the post above me) and Transcendent Assmuncher.
Care to explain your incoherence for those of us burdened with logical minds? Incidentally, if you're so diametrically opposed to the Codex, why the fuck are you wasting so many goddamn keystrokes on our forums? If your "disagreements" were anything worthwhile, that would be one thing, but your current mental diarrhea leaves a lot to be desired in terms of debate. Compared to your trolling, even Volourn has MAD DEBATE SKILLZ0RZ, and honestly, that's saying something.

Coming from you, that isn't saying much. I'm not opposed to the codex at all, I like the codex, I am opposed to asshole/jackasses/idiots like yourself who hide behind a keyboard because they can't do anything in REAL life. It's all about the individual. And if you can't see anything worthwhile in my "disagreements" with your "logic", then woopdy-doo, no shock there.

Next :arrow:
LOLERZ OMG ROFKGJDSJSLJA

Human Shield

Augur
*sigh*

Where did I say you couldn't disagree at the Codex? I only stated the FACT that often, if you dare disagree, the most common repsonse will be name-calling...as Transcendent One and xJEDx were kind enough to show.

Why is this place so uptight? Is what I said really that upsetting?

No, if you act like a troll then the most common response will be distaste mixed with insults. Much like how your first post was a shortsighted, ignorant snap-judgment and not a "disagreement".

If you disagree with the Codex your arguments will be examined and if they suck, your arguments will be poked fun at and your personal intelligence insulted (why not if in fact you made a very crappy argument).

We keep serious and logically debates on game design, too bad it doesn't extend to other issues where people can turn into crazy opinionated jerks.

Jed

Cipher
Judas said:
I only stated the FACT that often, if you dare disagree, the most common repsonse will be name-calling...as Transcendent One and xJEDx were kind enough to show.
Tell me what name I called you.

plin said:
I'm not opposed to the codex at all, I like the codex, I am opposed to asshole/jackasses/idiots like yourself who hide behind a keyboard because they can't do anything in REAL life.
1. What the fuck do you know about my life and what I can or can't do?
2. That cuts both ways, unless you can explain to me how you're not hiding behind a keyboard, or how anyone can participate in this forum with "hiding behind a keyboard." Just what is it that I'm hiding from anyway? You? You want my street address? You gonna come kick my ass?
3. If you're not opposed to the Codex, why do your posts consists almost soley of your whining about and sniping at other posters?

Enderandrew

Novice
I think KOTOR was worth playing, and it was fun. I don't think it was one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

The reviewer is an idiot, but that doesn't make the game bad. Likewise, I think the person who started this thread has a few issues. Namely, they can't see the forest through the trees.

Just because you disagree with one person's opinion, that does not define a game as being bad, nor does it mean that only idiot's like the game.

Since this site has a favorable review of said game, you must be implying that the staff of this site consists of idiots.

Personally, I find the practice of calling people idiots to be a waste of my time. Even if I truly believe someone to be stupid, it does not change the situation, or improve a person's intelligence to call them an idiot. However, when one open's their mouth and throws about insults they open the door to be judged themselves.

That's something to think about.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
If you're not opposed to the Codex, why do your posts consists almost soley of your whining about and sniping at other posters?

Um, JED, well, that really is pretty much what you to as well, ya know...

Fez

Erudite
Another thread descended into wonderful, wonderful madness. I also agree that the review was pathetic, unless it was somehow meant to be secretly ironic somehow. It just seemed almost too strange to be true somehow. Though that is probably just wishful thinking.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
Personaly i enjoyed KOTOR too, for what it was... a medicore adventure game with rpg lite elements, but i like star wars, or used to, so guess that i somewhat helped me enjoy KOTOR. That article is just pathetic though, and spread the love guys, thats why i like this place so much.

Jed

Cipher
TFVanguard said:
Wait until you've been around for more than a month before you start making blanket statements about shit of which you know little.

Psilon

Erudite
xJEDx said:
TFVanguard said:
Wait until you've been around for more than a month before start making blanket statements about shit of which you know little.
Not to take his side, but a registration date of July 12th indicates he has been around for more than a month.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Enderandrew said:
Likewise, I think the person who started this thread has a few issues. Namely, they can't see the forest through the trees.

Just because you disagree with one person's opinion, that does not define a game as being bad, nor does it mean that only idiot's like the game.

Since this site has a favorable review of said game, you must be implying that the staff of this site consists of idiots.
Ever heard about reading comprehension? When did I say that ONLY idiots like KOTOR? There was nothing negative about KOTOR in that particular post, btw.

Even if I truly believe someone to be stupid, it does not change the situation, or improve a person's intelligence to call them an idiot.
It amuses me.

However, when one open's their mouth and throws about insults they open the door to be judged themselves.
So sayeth the wise Ender. Be my guest.

geminito

Liturgist
What strategy is this reviewer talking about? KOTOR was the easiest game I've ever played. It was amusing to watch sometimes, but I never really felt like I was the one in control.

Anyway, continue flaming that other guy.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Psilon said:
xJEDx said:
TFVanguard said:
Wait until you've been around for more than a month before start making blanket statements about shit of which you know little.
Not to take his side, but a registration date of July 12th indicates he has been around for more than a month.
WHATEVER UR A FAGGET.

/trying to fit in

I'm kidding around, people. Seriously.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I enjoyed KOTOR. It was a pretty cool game. It could have been cooler, but conosle = money so.. =/

Jed

Cipher
Psilon said:
Okay. One month and six days. What the fuck ever.
Judas said:
WHATEVER UR A FAGGET.
Are you ever going to point out where I called you a name?

Seven

Erudite
xJEDx said:
TFVanguard said:
Wait until you've been around for more than a month before you start making blanket statements about shit of which you know little.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with that. Does any one remember a simpler time when the only one we had to flame was Volourn, and the occasional idiot was so rare that we actually used irony and sarcasm to insult them. Now, now they pop up almost every day, and their stupidity is incredably hard to squish out because you know there's just gonna be another one tomorrow. I miss the good old days when I was just a few dozen post counts behind Volourn and we got to actually discuss things where we didn't have to worry about stupid spammers and trolls.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
It's late, had a few beers and having just read this little piece of genius, I have to comment on the following:

plin said:
Coming from you, that isn't saying much. I'm not opposed to the codex at all, I like the codex, I am opposed to asshole/jackasses/idiots like yourself who hide behind a keyboard because they can't do anything in REAL life. It's all about the individual. And if you can't see anything worthwhile in my "disagreements" with your "logic", then woopdy-doo, no shock there.

Nice try asshole, you're the guy enabling the trolling jackass by giving his posts credibilty and taking bullshit potshots at people.

TFVanguard said:

Thanks for continuing to prove yourself a complete uninformed jackass on all subjects.

You two dipshits seem to have lost the ability to differentiate between blantant trolling
and well deserved flames, let me help you, this is the latter. :lol:

kumquatq3

Liturgist
As for "why idiots like KOTOR" ........didn't whoever wrote the Codex's review like the game overall? What does that tell us? :wink:

Seriously tho, while some of the games elements were well done (NPCs in particular and the story was solid, imo) it's pretty hard to call it one of the best RPGs ever. Maybe one of the best "RPG-lites" ever, I guess.

xJEDx said:
Psilon said:
Okay. One month and six days. What the fuck ever.
Judas said:
WHATEVER UR A FAGGET.
Are you ever going to point out where I called you a name?

Anti-Codex troll #8,971.
:D

littleboy

Liturgist
It's true that the combat was fairly easy and there really was not much stratagy involed in that part of the game ( just don't use missioin and you'll be okay ). But when really has the stratagy of any role playing game (ja2 dosen't count, it's squad tactical) been really all that complicated or hard, fallout all you had to do was hide behind a wall at times and not run into the middle of a group of badies, balder's gate shoot arrows first get out mace and proced to beat ( or just run in circles with your sling untill your firs level char. has killed the polar bear/oger), Arcanum cast harm untill dead, etc. etc. it's true you didn't die that much but so what you then didn't have to look at the load screens for hours upon hours. The only thing I think I missed was being able to pick pocket but the game was well enough designed so that I didn't really notice that much. What I think realy matters in these tiypes of games is the things you were allowed to do socially (you know playing the role) you could defend a freind of a freind in court fully chosing which outcome you desired, race in speader races, gamble away forturnes (a cheat optioin in pazac would have been nice for scoundrals), sucume (sp) to the darkside and ruin the republic, and reconsle a mother and daughter. There was few fed ex quests and most had a variety of outcomes. And to top it all off it had nice graphics. I guess I just don't understad what was "lite" about all that.

sorry for the length of the response though though :oops:

Jed

Cipher
I liked KotOR for what it was (an adventure game with RPG elements), but I'd have to say that any game that allows you to make a choice 30 minutes from the end that utterly negates every choice you've made thus far in the game falls squarely in the "lite" category.

Does <PC_NAME> choose to EMBRACE TEH DARKSIDE???

A. Yes. Muhahaha!
B. No, thank you.
C. But Bastilla, I suddenly and inexplicably love you despite the utter lack of anything redeemable about your character and the absence of any relationship development whatsover!

kosie99

Novice
Speaking of these slow news days, maybe someone should every wednesday post the news about Bioware's Neverwinter Wedenesdays here.

That will save the rest of the codex from having to go to Bio's site to check it out, like they all do. I know you are all so excited about NWN DD and Dragon Age...

kosie99

Novice
And here I thought I was giving you some ideas to liven these ho-hum news days... go figure

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
They're still doing the Neverwinter Wednesdays? Still?

Yup, it looks like they are.. And.. Really.. How embarrassing for those people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom