Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why is SMA banned?

BJ Boogie ‏@bjboogie0230 m
@TSMirandaMeadow and DON'T listen to Nine Inch Nails whatever you do ...

edit: da fuck

Miranda Meadows ‏@TSMirandaMeadow1 h
i just am... i don't know. i was testing out a bowline noose earlier, and it just dawned on me that this has crossed the point of fantasy

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Well shit. This got weird real fucking fast -- and given what the baseline for "normal" is with SMA -- that's saying something. I recall SMA saying shit about depression and all that quite a few times. My assumption was that anti-depressants were involved. I'm curious how that mingles with hormones + a fucked up dynamic of a life.

Also, Yeesh's self-loathing rambling rants were the best. The dude had a magical way with words (and no grammatical skill.)

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
BJ Boogie ‏@bjboogie0230 m
@TSMirandaMeadow and DON'T listen to Nine Inch Nails whatever you do ...

edit: da fuck

Miranda Meadows ‏@TSMirandaMeadow1 h
i just am... i don't know. i was testing out a bowline noose earlier, and it just dawned on me that this has crossed the point of fantasy

It's good advice, listening to NIN would make anybody want to kill themselves.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
SMA is taking this turn-based announcement from Obsidian really hard.:(

Repressed Homosexual
Hopefully his transsexual friends will look up for him, though to be honest from what I have seen the people in that scene tend to flee when you need them most.

Do we know exactly what catalyzed these thoughts of despair?

And the rest of you can go to Hell with your snark, this is someone's life, or at least a big cry for help.

Murk

Arcane
Yes, definitely, and I wonder how much of it stemmed from people constantly calling SMA "him" when SMA wants to be called "her", and various other things that would make one feel bad.

Tho, I'll give you credit HRR, at least you're consistent in your aims to "save" SMA.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I wonder how much of it stemmed from people constantly calling SMA "him" when SMA wants to be called "her", and various other things that would make one feel bad..

No, it's because he is mentally ill and modern psychology has failed to develop an effective treatment for this illness.

http://www.livescience.com/11208-high-suicide-risk-prejudice-plague-transgender-people.html

A staggering 41 percent of transgender people in the United States have attempted to commit suicide, according to a new survey.

Yes, definitely, and I wonder how much of it stemmed from people constantly calling SMA "him" when SMA wants to be called "her", and various other things that would make one feel bad.

It's the codex, and I imagine she had to deal with worse stuff on real life. Don't think she would crumble down from some WCDS trolling, especially now that things were improving, with the DVD and the award indication and stuff.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's good advice, listening to NIN would make anybody want to kill themselves.
TBH the whole string of episodes with SMA for the past few years makes me think more and more of Downward Spiral. If you take a couple of lines from Closer completely out of context you can even shoehorn HHR into there. The whole suicide thing reminded me of Ruiner (and a song NOT to listen to if you're feeling depressed), but it looks like we're into A Warm Place now.

Oh and just in case you meant your comment as "NIN sucks", here's a big FUCK YOU TOO.

BaconAndEggs

Augur
I'll miss SMA. Quality poster, dicks notwithstanding. Though I may be a lurker, I valued SMA's opinion. :hero:

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom