Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why is user 'Vinnie' banned and has been apparently nuked?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I petition for any user with a join date of post-2008 who complains about any other user with a join date of post-2008 getting banned, to get banned.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hi, I'm a user who only joined a month ago and has relatively few posts. Another user who joined a few days ago and made barely nine posts has disappeared. I noticed because I watch all new users intently.

I'm deeply concerned about his disappearance even though I'm an old user with a new account and should know damn well how shit goes down here. However, I'm role-playing a new user who's completely innocent and unaware, so I'm genuinely curious as to what happened.

It's not my alt, honest.
Gosh I don't know.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
Hi, I'm a user who only joined a month ago and has relatively few posts. Another user who joined a few days ago and made barely nine posts has disappeared. I noticed because I watch all new users intently.

I'm deeply concerned about his disappearance even though I'm an old user with a new account and should know damn well how shit goes down here. However, I'm role-playing a new user who's completely innocent and unaware, so I'm genuinely curious as to what happened.

It's not my alt, honest.
Gosh I don't know.

Quite the contrary, I never claimed that I started lurking a month ago. You should probably be able to find out if he's my alt. It's just unusual to see anyone nuked just forbeing a moron, seeing how many of them hang around for years making thousands of posts.

Last edited:
Free Jim Profit!

You know, as notorious as he is elsewhere on the internet, I'm pretty sure Jim Profit left us and forgot about us.

He's already got hundreds of other sites he's banned from to bitch about.

Before I read this, I only ever knew of Jim Profit from the Codex. I just googled him and have spent the past 20 minutes keeling over laughing.

Edit: wow. He ended up swinging from Ayn Rand nutjob all the way over to Stalinist nutjob. Impressive. I guess we, at the Codex, can now strike a hipster pose and boast about how we knew Jim Profit back when he was a RIGHTwing loon.

2nd Edit: I particularly like the way that one of the google 'suggested searches' is 'Jim Profit ban'.

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
He's banned from about a hundred sites (I remember seeing a list once that I can't find now. It was insane.) and has about a thousand grudges with mods.

By process of just existing on so many sites and getting banned, he's internet famous.

And of course, BANNING IS ILLEGAL!

Remember: clicking on Duplicate IP in Xenforo is ILLEGAL.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Before I read this, I only ever knew of Jim Profit from the Codex. I just googled him and have spent the past 20 minutes keeling over laughing.

Edit: wow. He ended up swinging from Ayn Rand nutjob all the way over to Stalinist nutjob. Impressive. I guess we, at the Codex, can now strike a hipster pose and boast about how we knew Jim Profit back when he was a RIGHTwing loon.

2nd Edit: I particularly like the way that one of the google 'suggested searches' is 'Jim Profit ban'.
Wasn't he already a Stalinist when he was on the Codex?

Also, I have no idea how he gets himself banned from all these sites. It's like mods are trolling him or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom