Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the lack of news coverage of real rpgs?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
There's a gigantic difference between deliberate non-coverage of games and then going to the other extreme of posting about every RPG flash game that some doofus shoves onto the internet.

I must admit, I often find myself skipping a vast amount of useless hype content that infinitron posts to collect on the handfuls of brofists from the genuinely rabbid fanboys that lap up every passing comment of a game's development, but that's infinitron's choice to do that, its his time he's wasting and he can waste it however he likes, any blame for his continued obsession with trivialities rests with the people lap it up so hard rather than with infinitron himself.

I think the best answer for people who want to see more coverage of games they feel need more coverage is for those people to make the threads about them themselves and if the games are genuinely good enough they'll get coverage once they've earned a reputation. Roqua could start a thread called "Roqua's genuine RPGs news thread" and I'm sure no-one would have a problem with that. But blaming infinitron for having a personal preference is fairly absurd, unless the dude is actively killing threads or doing some form of active repression.

And yes, just because someone makes an RPG maker game it doesn't mean its automatically more interesting than the 10 billion RPG flash games that are out there for free.

Guys a local author writes like shit and never punctuates anything but that's HIS CHOICE man! Hid CHOICE! How dare you exercise YOUR choice to say you don't like that kind of writing and suggest somethign else that's not so fucking reatrded?

I have no idea what point you're making here...? Are you agreeing with me or ranting gibberish at me?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
There's a gigantic difference between deliberate non-coverage of games and then going to the other extreme of posting about every RPG flash game that some doofus shoves onto the internet.

I must admit, I often find myself skipping a vast amount of useless hype content that infinitron posts to collect on the handfuls of brofists from the genuinely rabbid fanboys that lap up every passing comment of a game's development, but that's infinitron's choice to do that, its his time he's wasting and he can waste it however he likes, any blame for his continued obsession with trivialities rests with the people lap it up so hard rather than with infinitron himself.

I think the best answer for people who want to see more coverage of games they feel need more coverage is for those people to make the threads about them themselves and if the games are genuinely good enough they'll get coverage once they've earned a reputation. Roqua could start a thread called "Roqua's genuine RPGs news thread" and I'm sure no-one would have a problem with that. But blaming infinitron for having a personal preference is fairly absurd, unless the dude is actively killing threads or doing some form of active repression.

And yes, just because someone makes an RPG maker game it doesn't mean its automatically more interesting than the 10 billion RPG flash games that are out there for free.

last Dream has been held up as the example for rpgmaker engine games that can be good rpgs and not just faux Asian children game fodder for pedophiles and retards.

After the End has been in development for a long time and known to be good for a long time since it was in early access.

Voidspire Tactics was liked on this site and I think ranked highly even given the fact thi site only has 3 people that actually like rpgs. Not posting about 2 would be like this site not posting about fake FO 4 after posting news about and knowing this community had a huge interest in shitty console games for retards. What is more important? Fake FO going to gog and painting on a computer, or a whole new good rpg to play?

Halcyon 6 is way better of a game than any of the hipster bullshit this site pisses themselves over such as Underrail, Long Journey, FTL, Neo Scavenger, Metal Gear whatever, Doom, Zelda, Darkest Dungeon. Has lots of systems. It isn't my cup of tea but has a lot of heavy rpg elements and isn't for dummies, basically making it shit on this site.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The fact you never even hear of Halcyon 6 speaks volumes.

It's the 99.999% of people who never heard of some gay japanigger fake rpg who are teh crazies, not you.

Sure. Its not like this is an rpg site or anything. I guess being up to date on Zelda and Metal Gear and Doom is far more important and relevant to this community. Well, I don't guess. I know for certain. And it clearly wasn't made in japan. And shouldn't you be watching someone play a Switch game over the internet like all you fucking retards your age do now adays?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

last Dream has been held up as the example for rpgmaker engine games that can be good rpgs and not just faux Asian children game fodder for pedophiles and retards.

After the End has been in development for a long time and known to be good for a long time since it was in early access.

Voidspire Tactics was liked on this site and I think ranked highly even given the fact thi site only has 3 people that actually like rpgs. Not posting about 2 would be like this site not posting about fake FO 4 after posting news about and knowing this community had a huge interest in shitty console games for retards. What is more important? Fake FO going to gog and painting on a computer, or a whole new good rpg to play?

Halcyon 6 is way better of a game than any of the hipster bullshit this site pisses themselves over such as Underrail, Long Journey, FTL, Neo Scavenger, Metal Gear whatever, Doom, Zelda, Darkest Dungeon. Has lots of systems. It isn't my cup of tea but has a lot of heavy rpg elements and isn't for dummies, basically making it shit on this site.

Ok.

So what's physically preventing you from talking about these games and providing daily bullshit news about them?

mondblut

Arcane
not just faux Asian children game fodder for pedophiles and retards.

tree-of-life.png

I guess it takes a pedophile or retard to spot a difference.

Halcyon 6 is way better of a game than any of the hipster bullshit

halcyon7.jpg

Better at being hipster bullshit, that much is granted.

Aenra

That's called "having standarts" :obviously:

Did you even read my posts? At least the one addressing you primarily?

You're being the typical Codexer now (ignoring every argument running contrary to yours, proceeding with stereotypical one-liner and calling it a day) and i expected different from you.

Like seriously, lol, i said it already.. no one, no one says (except Roqua?) to go nuts, post news about every shitty/indie game in existence. What i tried to highlight is that the current way of news posting has nothing to do with standards or your "prestige"; i even outlined the how and why.
If this is just you being in denial, again, as stated, by all means. Just don't come back to tell us the world is flat. That's all.

( and as for standards, am tempted to start copy-pasting posts, show you just how fucking "high" this place's standards are, lol, but anyway^^ )

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
not just faux Asian children game fodder for pedophiles and retards.

tree-of-life.png

I guess it takes a pedophile or retard to spot a difference.

Halcyon 6 is way better of a game than any of the hipster bullshit

halcyon7.jpg

Better at being hipster bullshit, that much is granted.

You show a beautiful botanical garden with fully clothed adults and say there is pedophilia in there somewhere? You, sir, are fucking brilliant.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The fact you never even hear of Halcyon 6 speaks volumes. The fact no one complains about the non-rpg hipster games this site covers but thinks it would be absolutely hilarious to cover some rpg maker games that are far better than anything Bethesda or Bioware put out also speaks volumes. Try Last Dream. It is a great rpg. I'm playing Star Crawler now so haven't tried 2, but I doubt it will disappoint.

Why no picture of Star Crawler or Voidspire tactics 2?

Star Crawlers and Voidspire received newsposts and people know about them. I think Halcyon 6 might deserve a news post, but the rest is just typical JRPG-like kiddie crap.

Here is an idea: Why don't you write something about Halcyon? Would be more interesting than this constant whining.

mondblut

Arcane
What i tried to highlight is that the current way of news posting has nothing to do with standards or your "prestige"; i even outlined the how and why.

I don't even read news postings, lol. I only come to the forum.

That said, I'd be all for total boycott of anything with an "action-" in title, of confused strategy games et cetera. In fact, nothing would make me more proud than setting the bar so high the Codex wouldn't have any post-1994 games to cover at all. Alas, I might be in minority there, so I'll have to settle for whatever low standarts there are still (i.e. mostly no flash shovelware, mostly no weeaboo filth).

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The fact you never even hear of Halcyon 6 speaks volumes. The fact no one complains about the non-rpg hipster games this site covers but thinks it would be absolutely hilarious to cover some rpg maker games that are far better than anything Bethesda or Bioware put out also speaks volumes. Try Last Dream. It is a great rpg. I'm playing Star Crawler now so haven't tried 2, but I doubt it will disappoint.

Why no picture of Star Crawler or Voidspire tactics 2?

Star Crawlers and Voidspire received newsposts and people know about them. I think Halcyon 6 might deserve a news post, but the rest is just typical JRPG-like kiddie crap.

Here is an idea: Why don't you write something about Halcyon? Would be more interesting than this constant whining.

No, the rest being Last Dream 2 and End of Days. The are not jrpg like anything. Last Dream was a solid crpg that used rpgmaker. It has tons of rpg systems, great everything besides itemization, and is way way better than any of the console games this site focuses on. And way more of an rpg. You would probably know that if this site had a news post about it because then you'd actually hear about it. Something you do not do in grpg.

And Star Crawler has not received any news about it being released, which does shit for sales. Same with Voidspire 2. But ms paint contests are big fucking news.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
And Star Crawler has not received any news about it being released

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/starcrawlers-released.115368

No, the rest being Last Dream 2 and End of Days. The are not jrpg like anything.

Weaboo kiddie graphics - some can stomach them, I don't. Nor do I want to.

And again, write something if you think you can do better than the current news. But of course, all you're really interested in is some drama and attention whoring. What a fucking surprise.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
What i tried to highlight is that the current way of news posting has nothing to do with standards or your "prestige"; i even outlined the how and why.

I don't even read news postings, lol. I only come to the forum.

That said, I'd be all for total boycott of anything with an "action-" in title, of confused strategy games et cetera. In fact, nothing would make me more proud than setting the bar so high the Codex wouldn't have any post-1994 games to cover at all. Alas, I might be in minority there, so I'll have to settle for whatever low standarts there are still (i.e. mostly no flash shovelware, mostly no weeaboo filth).

There are only a couple good games released before 94 or prior. Dark Sun, the Buck Rogers, Blade of Destiny, JA1, Darklands, QFG 1-3 (4)?, etc. Most of the others have been far surpassed in character generation, development, and gameplay. The next 2 RoAs, FOs, ToEE, Arcanum, WL2, Blackguards, MMX, etc. I could go on and on. I am pretty much the only rpg aficionado on this site. You are the rpg equivalent of a Boones drinker just like the rest. You just think your Boones is somehow fancy because its older.

I don't know what a weeaboo is and you haven't explained it. Is it Asian games? Because I am with you, they all suck really bad. Some are playable, none are actually good. Generation Xth, Etrian Odessy, maybe one other hidden somewhere are okay.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

No, the rest being Last Dream 2 and End of Days. The are not jrpg like anything.

And again, write something if you think you can do better than the current news. But of course, all you're really interested in is some drama and attention whoring. What a fucking surprise.

I am writing, where the fuck have you been. You are literally writing back to me. I missed the news post on Star Crawler. I was obviously wrong on that. Damn, I hate being wrong with a passion. Fuck me. And fuck all of you.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Weren't you and bubbles jerking off over Undertail? This is why I wish there was a mandatory listing of games people played and liked - so I can point out all the hipster shit games people played with children's graphics.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt

Weren't you and bubbles jerking off over Undertail? This is why I wish there was a mandatory listing of games people played and liked - so I can point out all the hipster shit games people played with children's graphics.

Played: all of them. Liked: zero.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I am writing, where the fuck have you been.

Yes, dumbo, you are writing. And we both know that I was talking about you writing a news post or review for Halcyon. Which we both know will never happen.

Weren't you and bubbles jerking off over Undertail?

I never played Undertail.

I didn't like Halcyon. It was okay, but not rpg enough for me. It should have been a hipster loved game like Darkest Dungeon and FTL, but I guess was too much rpg for the hipsters.

I don't know if you've witnessed the staff's interactions with me but I'm sure most of them would rather just fuck with the posts I make than allow me to post news. Anyways, the perfectly reasonable subforum for people that actually like rpgs idea Roqua had was shot down so I highly doubt this site wants someone on staff that likes rpgs. Plus, my time is not consistent. Sometimes I have to work all day every day for weeks followed by a week of barely working, followed by a trip to stupidland where I didn't need to go to barely do anything all the way across the country. Followed by another trip to an even stupider place, etc.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Played: all of them. Liked: zero.

That's about how many people would miss you if you committed suicide. Coincidence? Probably. But still worth noting.

Aenra

Trust Roqua YES! to have a valid point and manage to shit all over it on his own, lol.

Trully outstanding work ^^

:hero:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
What I'd like to do before I die is interview Tim Cain and show all you bitches how an interview with someone who knows their shit to someone who knows way more shit should go. Not these monkey things called interviews modeling themselves on that guy who interviews reality tv people on his show that my wife loves. He is a tall skinny guy who I think is gay. He could just be young and seems gay like all young people but aged really poorly. But I don't think so. I think he is of a normal generation is just likes the cock.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
That's about how many people would miss you if you committed suicide. Coincidence? Probably. But still worth noting.

Only the good die young, faggot. Not until every dindu degenerate like yourself has been forcibly drowned in the ocean would I even possibly consider my work done and allow myself to go to my reward.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
What I'd like to do before I die is interview Tim Cain and show all you bitches how an interview with someone who knows their shit to someone who knows way more shit should go. Not these monkey things called interviews modeling themselves on that guy who interviews reality tv people on his show that my wife loves. He is a tall skinny guy who I think is gay. He could just be young and seems gay like all young people but aged really poorly. But I don't think so. I think he is of a normal generation is just likes the cock.

He will roll up his windows and lock the car doors the moment he sees you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom