Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was cow banned

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So, wait, people told ironyuri that his review was too positive so he ragequit the codex?

Pretty much.
It's a bit more complex than that I think. From what I remember he was mainly upset that some of the Codex editorial staff read it, said 'ok yeah that's good' before posting it, but then after it was posted and the backlash started began to suddenly find things to criticise, which obviously felt like a bit of a knife in the back.

Basically he was under the impression that the Dex editorial staff played a more serious role, when in reality all that's done is a quick check-over for spelling and awkward phrasing most of the time, and critique of the actual content tends to be left for after it's published. The assumption probably existed in large part due to his academic background. Anyway, that's the misunderstanding that birthed the butthurt.
goddamn no-good academics

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thank fuck that another of Gaben's disciples has been exorcised. I fully support the move to get rid of the dross. Now if we could only remove 2012-2013 newfags from the premises.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Because the admins have shown themselves to be so understanding when polite requests are made for changes. You act like a bunch of stuck up, oh-so-mysterious overlords who do nonsensical shit on whims for the lelz. You're a bunch of circle jerking comedians. Die.
Entitled much? Must be terrible to suffer all the hardships that come with the fascist moderation/administration on the Codex. Might want to seek out greener pastures.

ps: LOLOLOOOOLO BRO PERHAPS ILL BAN YOU FORM TEH SHOUTBOX FOR TEH LULZ JUST BEAUCUASE I CAN

Severian Silk

What's the source for the BPD?

Other symptoms may include intense fears of abandonment and intense anger and irritability, the reason for which others have difficulty understanding.[1][2] People with BPD often engage in idealization and devaluation of others, alternating between high positive regard and great disappointment.

It does fit!
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/what-do-psychiatrists-do.32946/page-5#post-1853474
the fuck is wrong with you codex?

my psych diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder and i function normally in day to day life. jesus christ.

you fuckers are all fucked except me.

Also from that thread:
I've been seeing him for 2 years, he didn't diagnose til after the first year was almost over.

I visited him because of some personal problems- imploding interpersonal relationships, constant paranoia about judgement of others, some mild semi-attempts at suicide (one involving another person in a car who was surprised to say the least :M ), and well, some other things.

But fuck you guys, I am high functioning. Y'all are fucked.
Okay that's significantly worse than throwing a glass at someone's face. Like I said, he needs to be institutionalized.
NOT ENOUGH PROOF ROGUEY YOU ARE FAKING IT!!!1

made

Arcane
Someone gets banned for spamming images. What do you do? Spam more images in protest of the ban of course. Smart move.

Because the admins have shown themselves to be so understanding when polite requests are made for changes.
We've received polite requests for changes?
In fact, not long ago I made a humble request for a tiny little new feature that would greatly enhance the value of this fine community that I've come to cherish. The thread was promptly retardoed without so much as a comment from the admins. I also received a warning (although I don't recall anymore if the two were related).

Wake up, DarkUnderlord, your subjects cry out under your yoke.

kazgar

Arcane
tumblr_lvem0xBpTX1r4qzijo1_500.gif

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Y'know, if you're really trying to prove DU wrong, linking to the actual polite requests made as opposed to "Yes you have full stop" or "Yes I have but I don't even sure I remember it anymore" might be a little more likely to work...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Someone gets banned for spamming images. What do you do? Spam more images in protest of the ban of course. Smart move.
Because the admins have shown themselves to be so understanding when polite requests are made for changes.
We've received polite requests for changes?
You have.
Ok fine, I'll remove your Possibly Retarded tag.

LOOK I'M BEING KIND.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
You sorta shot yourself in the foot there. Being a gay dude with a hispanic partner is way less embarrassing than admitting you read Cracked.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, wait, people told ironyuri that his review was too positive so he ragequit the codex?

Pretty much.
It's a bit more complex than that I think. From what I remember he was mainly upset that some of the Codex editorial staff read it, said 'ok yeah that's good' before posting it, but then after it was posted and the backlash started began to suddenly find things to criticise, which obviously felt like a bit of a knife in the back.

Basically he was under the impression that the Dex editorial staff played a more serious role, when in reality all that's done is a quick check-over for spelling and awkward phrasing most of the time, and critique of the actual content tends to be left for after it's published. The assumption probably existed in large part due to his academic background. Anyway, that's the misunderstanding that birthed the butthurt.

True, our editorial policy is that you're free to post a review that is as positive (or negative) as you want it to be. It is then up to you to answer any criticism that might pop up.

ironyuri's review was well-written and generally pretty good. There was no reason not to post it, and any nitpick we (the Codex staff) may have had would've had to do more with a difference of opinions than anything else.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I read his review. It was OK. It was very positive but absolutely OK in my book. Some wankers accused him of "cocksucking" afterwards because the review was "too positive". He became butthurt. What do we learn from that? ironyuri needs to grow some balls. There will always be people disagreeing with your opinion and expressing themselves harshly on the Codex. No big deal, right?

Murk

Arcane
Cue Helton's quote about darkunderlord making off with the sole refuse key.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Actually knowing this place you probably had pretty much the entire Codex, of which 75% are mouthbreathing morons, bashing his review and piling on because they wanted to be edgy. It can get on anyone's nerves. It's why I stopped visiting GRPGD.
Actually the biggest problem with the Codex isn't people bashing because they want to be edgy (though we have our unfair share of these). No, the biggest problem is the other type of mouthbreathing morons, the ones that start with "knowing this place" and then give a detailed description of of what happened in a thread that they then readily admit they have never read.

The children bit was a nice touch though.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Why do you have to expose our dirty laundry out in the open like that? You're ALWAYS like that! You're sleeping on the couch this evening, my boy. Find someone else to give you head! I might be smart, but I'm not a slave to your unending pervert desires!

humanity has risen registering an alt to... PLAY THE HOMO? WHY I NEVER!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom